Unilever

Unilever Employee Reviews

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at UL. Strongly recommend to anyone applying.Support And guidance will be given and the opportunity to develop is always on the horizon
A great place to work, friendly environment, a good mix of people to work alongside. Helpful management. Enjoyable job role, access to learning new skills freely available.
Would not advise. Shift pattern is atrocious. You are on call even on your days off and the place is full of headworkers who play the system to get days off. The sickness is embarrassing, never known so many "unhealthy" adults! Management are horrendous, aslong as someone comes in for the shift they aren't bothered about chasing up the sick notes who are always off! Until the shift pattern gets changed its only going to get worse.
Pros
None, rubbish bonus scheme.
Cons
Rubbish shift pattern. No family life.
I spent 27,great years at Unilever and would recommend the company to anyone who's considering a future with the company.Since leaving Unilever I've not found any other job offers that compare to Unilever
Pros
Good salary, great benefits the pension, shares scheme.
Cons
Long hours if you're working shifts.
My typical day commenced at 8am to ensure I was in the office before my Boss to prepare his papers etc for the days meetings. General EA/PA duties for both work environment and also his personal life which meant that everyday was very different and exciting albeit challenging at times. Work culture was excellent and everyone was extremely helpful as my role was a 12 month temporary maternity cover. The work was fast paced and difficult at times but also enjoyable. The discounted on-site shop was a bonus and very useful as Unilever produce a great deal of products.
Pros
Discounted Shop - discounted meals for permanent staff
Cons
Long hours so little work/life balance a lot of the time but enjoyable
You will be promised the world, told you're going to be working set shifts, made to feel like you're going to have a secure job and steady work for the next few months.. It's all a terrible lie.You will find that you are not given shifts as you are not trained on things, they won't have shifts available for you, but will somehow manage to hire another 20 people despite this. You will struggle for work, and if you ask too hard for it, you will hinder yourself further and be stuck without.You won't be trained, you will be told you're going to be, but it will either be a minimum or non-existent.They won't care about you, you're a number, you're just a way for them to make money. They don't care if you have a family to support, if you have bills to pay, it doesn't matter.If you're keen to learn and work, you will be promised it all, and none of it will be delivered. It's just a way to keep you happy.But the pay is good, if you manage to get any shifts to earn it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No training, struggle to get shifts
Excellent environment to work ,team work , it's a huge school learned many things in work and life in this company , Management is very open minded people encourage me all the time
Pros
Full medical care
Cons
A great place to work where you are valued and well paid. Great work life balance. Worked days 8am till 4pm in the engineering stores at the Warrington site. Enjoyed every day I worked there.
Pros
Well looked after by Unilever
Cons
N/a
Money’s quite good, but feel under appreciated 90% of the time. A lot of the time it’s a high stressful environment, and I feel the company only cares about production and not the people.
Would recommend. PC factory was good. Washing powders in another factory was horrendous but they have now closed down so serves them right. Salary good with a small bonus. Managers could be better.
Great fun alot to take in great experience fantastic benefits looked after when away from home head office a great experience would go back tomorrow
Pros
Great shop
Cons
High standards expected, but training and support provided were exceptional.Management cared about you and were supportive but would get the best out of you.
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
That I had to leave
Unilever was without doubt a high spot in my career. I've not felt as cared for anywhere else. An example of how well a company can work when everyone is pushing in the same direction, in a positive collaborative way. I only left (vol. redundancy) because I didn't want to move to Wales. But it was a hard decision. I wish them all well.
Pros
Company staff team building events.
Cons
Can be long hours, but when your having fun does that really matter?!
Unilever has a very good work life balance which can help to reduce stress levels. The workplace culture is very friendly one and work can be very rewarding.
Engineers stay away. Engineering management is usually made up operators given a bit of training, current one is an in house apprentice ( even worse) with the personality of a corpse and is currently stabbing other managers to climb the ladder. The engineering team is made up of operators and ex apprentices that are low on skill and big on attitude, some are ok. They do not appear to like time served engineers from outside. If one decides you dont fit the rest will follow backed by the manager and team leaders and bullying will follow. Technology is old and failing, if you are not ex apprentice you will not progress. Also, bear in mind Unilever are selling it.
The team wasn't great to work with at all. I was in the Oral care category and it was really stressful with a team that did not make me feel welcomed at all. It took months to get to a position where I felt I could manage but wasn't comfortable. That affected my work and I eventually had to resign cause they made it super difficult and kind of cornered me.
Clique culture too many bosses .if not related to management you wont get anywhere .they treat temps like gods and permenent like dirt .only place i have worked where temps wages more then permenent workers .
Varied experience from admin & laboratory to co-ordinator in almost 26 years working for Unilever. Lots of involvement in production and process areas gained.
I contracted with Unilever for a number of months and can say that it's an incredible company to have worked with. Great culture with a genuine interest in their employees wellbeing, offering a good work/life balance.
Poor management and lack of future prosperity. Well paid but no career satisfaction as growth not supported. Must need a certain type of appearance in face to fit the picture great company to work for but very small minded management at the Trafford Park site
Pros
Salary
Cons
No future prospects
Challenging and satisfying work, stakeholder management required, in-depth statistical knowledge for my work is required. High quality work is appreciated and due credit is given. However, the progression is a bit slow.
  1. Employee reviews