Unilever

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Found 135 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,444 reviews

Best work experience

Unilever is an amazing global company with a strong work ethic, sustainability approach, outstanding work/personal life balance, inclusive and diverse work environment

Pros

Pension, Wfh, free gym onsite, health insurance

Cons

Medium salary level

Management are brilliant and supportive, well-being spot on!

I have worked for Unilever for 2 and half years and I can honestly say it is the best company to work for! My second half of my journey there , I joined virtually into a new role/team and they are incredibly supportive and friendly. Your well-being is there number one priority and the management are super supportive and interactive with everyone across the company.

Pros

well- being Wednesday (2 hour lunch break) and summer hours

Cons

A lot of training but really worth it

Awful

Would not advise. Shift pattern is atrocious. You are on call even on your days off and the place is full of headworkers who play the system to get days off. The sickness is embarrassing, never known so many "unhealthy" adults! Management are horrendous, aslong as someone comes in for the shift they aren't bothered about chasing up the sick notes who are always off! Until the shift pattern gets changed its only going to get worse.

Pros

None, rubbish bonus scheme.

Cons

Rubbish shift pattern. No family life.

Overall a great experience working for Unilever

I spent 27,great years at Unilever and would recommend the company to anyone who's considering a future with the company.Since leaving Unilever I've not found any other job offers that compare to Unilever

Pros

Good salary, great benefits the pension, shares scheme.

Cons

Long hours if you're working shifts.

Productive fast paced but enjoyable

My typical day commenced at 8am to ensure I was in the office before my Boss to prepare his papers etc for the days meetings. General EA/PA duties for both work environment and also his personal life which meant that everyday was very different and exciting albeit challenging at times. Work culture was excellent and everyone was extremely helpful as my role was a 12 month temporary maternity cover. The work was fast paced and difficult at times but also enjoyable. The discounted on-site shop was a bonus and very useful as Unilever produce a great deal of products.

Pros

Discounted Shop - discounted meals for permanent staff

Cons

Long hours so little work/life balance a lot of the time but enjoyable

Good pay, terrible training

You will be promised the world, told you're going to be working set shifts, made to feel like you're going to have a secure job and steady work for the next few months.. It's all a terrible lie.You will find that you are not given shifts as you are not trained on things, they won't have shifts available for you, but will somehow manage to hire another 20 people despite this. You will struggle for work, and if you ask too hard for it, you will hinder yourself further and be stuck without.You won't be trained, you will be told you're going to be, but it will either be a minimum or non-existent.They won't care about you, you're a number, you're just a way for them to make money. They don't care if you have a family to support, if you have bills to pay, it doesn't matter.If you're keen to learn and work, you will be promised it all, and none of it will be delivered. It's just a way to keep you happy.But the pay is good, if you manage to get any shifts to earn it.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No training, struggle to get shifts

Productive work place

Excellent environment to work ,team work , it's a huge school learned many things in work and life in this company , Management is very open minded people encourage me all the time

Pros

Full medical care

Cons

A great place to work where you are valued and well paid. Great work life balance. Worked days 8am till 4pm in the engineering stores at the Warrington site. Enjoyed every day I worked there.

Pros

Well looked after by Unilever

Cons

N/a

High pressure job

Money’s quite good, but feel under appreciated 90% of the time. A lot of the time it’s a high stressful environment, and I feel the company only cares about production and not the people.

Fast paced but fun

Great fun alot to take in great experience fantastic benefits looked after when away from home head office a great experience would go back tomorrow

Pros

Great shop

A great place to work.

Unilever was without doubt a high spot in my career. I've not felt as cared for anywhere else. An example of how well a company can work when everyone is pushing in the same direction, in a positive collaborative way. I only left (vol. redundancy) because I didn't want to move to Wales. But it was a hard decision. I wish them all well.

Pros

Company staff team building events.

Cons

Can be long hours, but when your having fun does that really matter?!

Productive and good work life balance

Unilever has a very good work life balance which can help to reduce stress levels. The workplace culture is very friendly one and work can be very rewarding.

Your face must fit

Engineers stay away. Engineering management is usually made up operators given a bit of training, current one is an in house apprentice ( even worse) with the personality of a corpse and is currently stabbing other managers to climb the ladder. The engineering team is made up of operators and ex apprentices that are low on skill and big on attitude, some are ok. They do not appear to like time served engineers from outside. If one decides you dont fit the rest will follow backed by the manager and team leaders and bullying will follow. Technology is old and failing, if you are not ex apprentice you will not progress. Also, bear in mind Unilever are selling it.

Workplace is very nice but it depends on the team you are working now!

The team wasn't great to work with at all. I was in the Oral care category and it was really stressful with a team that did not make me feel welcomed at all. It took months to get to a position where I felt I could manage but wasn't comfortable. That affected my work and I eventually had to resign cause they made it super difficult and kind of cornered me.

Great Company

I contracted with Unilever for a number of months and can say that it's an incredible company to have worked with. Great culture with a genuine interest in their employees wellbeing, offering a good work/life balance.

Not the best

Poor management and lack of future prosperity. Well paid but no career satisfaction as growth not supported. Must need a certain type of appearance in face to fit the picture great company to work for but very small minded management at the Trafford Park site

Pros

Salary

Cons

No future prospects

great & professional place to work

Great, professional Company, great people, excellent working environment. Lots of training, useful reports which gives you a better picture of the business for each client, supportive people from all departments. Absolutely enjoyed it.

A make-ends-meet job

Good for people who are looking to earn a bit of money, for example youngsters, but not for those seeking a career. The hours can be flexible but getting into a routine almost guarantees you full-time hours most weeks if that is what you're looking for.

Pros

Relatively simple work-load; friendly colleagues.

Cons

Not very mentally engaging, no prospects to advance your career, shift work so certain hours aren't ideal.

Great culture and work life balance, people are super friendly too

The work life balance is what separates Unilever from all other large corporations. People genuinely come first. For me personally this made me want to give the company 110% effort everyday. Encouraging work life balance and having a positive culture with friendly co-workers is what makes work life so much easier. I recommend Unilever to everyone who asks me about the organization.

Good place to progress your learning

Lots of training available to progress your learning. They expect you to work hard and be good. The people around you are driven so lots to bounce off. Hard to get promoted though, they prefer to hire externally.

Highly productive work place.

Very busy and productive factory so your always working hard to meet the factorys production targets, factory work is mainly shift work, working a banked hours shift pattern, so you can find yourself on call a lot. You mainly work Unsupervised but you do have a specific manager for your area of work communicating to you your daily responseibites and targets as well as following health and safety guidelines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2