Union Jack Club

Union Jack Club Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Decent place to work overall

A good place to work as long as you put in the work and stay dedicated to working and learning as well as keeping up with your work load and listen to waht is being told and taught to you.

Family and friends place

family and friendly work place I would like to work when coved 19 overs and everything goes back to normal for me my work place is very near and easy to travel.

it's ok

I've been a housekeeper there. It's quite nice place but I was disappointed about the salary. management is really nice and polite, nice team around, good place to improve yourself.

It a normal place to work

I have learned more teamwork, a bit more about food and wines. I had multiply job roles in my work as waitress, hostess, "pass" role worker (person who is bringing food on a table), bar staff and coffee shop staff.

fun place

Great place to work and chefs are lovely. You have two shift that are selected for you from the head chef. This is good as it gives you a huge amount of freedom and choice.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

too many hours

Amazing time

It was a great time.I learned some new food name.Management was good.Workplace culture is very old and amazing.Actually I didn't find it hardest part.

Busy, buzzing environment where time can fly

A typical day would include setting up food stations for customers, preparing mise en plus for different occasions, cleaning equipment and stations whilst maintaining business standards. Learned different cooking techniques, expanded food knowledge and improved productivity within a time frame. Management were very poor in my opinion; I experienced straight up rudeness, very unprofessional standards such as bringing up personal topics in front of an audience and refusing to be flexible with you whilst expecting you to put work in front of everything. I also started this job with no knowledge at all as it was pretty much my first job; I was not trained properly and was expected to just simply 'know' vasts amount of food knowledge from the first day. So I would not recommend the apprenticeship scheme at all, not worth the salery for the amount of work. Overall, workplace culture was good CEOs were always making an effort to talk to employees and encourage them to join societies that reflect the companies interests. There was regular meetings and training opportunities. The hardest part of the job was knowing there was very limited flexibility with work in regards to enhancing my work to life balance as any requests made were almost always rejected. I did however enjoy meeting new people and did learn some valuable life skills.

Pros

Free lunches, Free gym

Cons

Long hours (8 hour gap in between shifts sometimes), no flexibility, poor management and no professionalism

Good placement, bad management

They didn't even tell me I was fired until the new year. I was expecting to work on Christmas day. I messaged two managers to ask about the schedule the day after my last shift, neither got back to me at all.

relaxed environment

a normal day at Union Jack Club would have been relaxed and very enjoyable, sometimes stressful because due to the nature of the place. I have learned a lot about serving customers, dealing with complains, cashing up, being in charge, have responsibilities and smile all the time at the customers.

Pros

nice colleagues

Cons

bad lunch

good place for trainee chefs

Good place to work for trainee chefs. Lots of stuff to learn. Great and helpful staff and fun environment. Service can be a bit quite. Alot of prep work.

Jobs at Union Jack Club

See more jobs

Union Jack Club

A day at Union Jack Club Maintaining and organising filing systems Interrogation of student database as required Managing the meeting room booking process, to reduce diary conflicts Responsible for college’s incoming and outgoing post with assistance from team members Assist team members with urgent priorities

The work was good until a point

During my time here, I was able to quickly adapt but unable to really enjoy the work after a long time in the job. I found the management to be encouraging and the actual work to be unsatisfying.

Pros

free food

Cons

management, organization, benefits, motivation, encouragement