Unisys

Unisys Management reviews

Work to given targets daily, good communications between staff. Enjoyable social side as many staff have worked together along time. Management leaders encourage prompt work settlement
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
No sick pay
day rate was OK, but very bad culture. Very outdated technologies. no scope of learning anything new at all. Very demotivating management. there is no job security.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Boring place to work, zero atmosphere of fun, the managers are not supportive or encouraging. Most shocking of all, is how permanent staff comfortably bully contractors in front of managers, who don't care about you. I wish I could give this company zero stars!
A reputable organisation who offers great career prospects. Lots of opportunity to develop your skills. The management are very experienced and develop your skills .abilities in the job
Great team spirit in Europe. Year on year exceeding targets set by the Organisation. Team excellence in Category Management.
Field Service & Support of IT Hardware / Software. Friendly co-workers and excellent management. Could involve long hours and over-night shifts.
Pros
Opportunites for career development
Cons
Contract position so no employee benefits
Liaising with Senior Management at various topics of HR. Learned different stages of HR throughout my years, Benefits, Planning, Restructuring and Admin. Years ago at Unisys looked after the YTS employees in the Company. Worked within a Team of 5 in the HR Practice. Hardest part of the job was not being able to mix with other employee in the Company on a regular basis due to the demand of the job. Taking on new hires and seeing them progress in the Company.
Pros
Healthcare and Dental scheme
Cons
Looking now for a part time job at Tesco
Project orientated company. Located on client sites. Management is excellent and I would recommend anyone to apply for a position with this company.
A typical day at work started 8am till 5pm i would clock in and go direct to my workstation where i would review the previous days work for both myself and my team, check to see if there were any issues outstanding and resolve them, keep my information up to date, check the network, work with my team.I learned the best way to increase productivity.As i was management it was my responsibility to keep my team inline and to resolve any issues that may arise and ultimately keep the companies IT department in check and produce high output.My co-workers respected and liked me both inside and outside of work.The hardest part of my job was to let staff go, that being said at the end of the day i did what was necessary for the Company and its Staff.The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team and fellow managers and other staff, we all had the same goal within the Company and that was to make is as successful as we possibly could.
Pros
great workforce, good prospects, teamwork
Cons
did not really have any cons
Co-Workers are great, Change in management is driving the growth. Learned many new technologies.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no training.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Unisys?