UNITE THE UNION

UNITE THE UNION Culture reviews

Clear

Loose management structure, limited career options

Unite recruits officers from its membership only. There is no day-to-day management (which suits motivated employees). Career routes are limited. Training is not geared towards individual development. The benefits package is excellent

Pros

No day-to-day management

Cons

No day-to-day management

Don't practice what they preach...

1 rule from them, 1 rule for everyone else. Bullying culture especially Management, your needs are ignored, unlikely to be promoted. High stress levels. Put up and shut up as the benefits are so good. Members can be very rude/difficult/lying through their teeth. Often they think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and you should be in awe of them...

Benefits

Cons

No support

Worst Establishment I have ever worked for

The money is great but the whole management ethos is very much a blame culture. Often set up to fail and thrown under the bus to protect themselves. If you email asking for help and they don't like the questions they simply ignore you

Pros

Salary is excellent

Cons

Your job is never secure

Fun Workplace

I learnt good customer service and I loved meeting new people. I got on well with the management and my work colleagues we were like a family. It did have it's very busy periods as well as having some quiet periods.

Good Experience

Great experience. Very useful. Team great. Staff great. Made me feel welcome. Doing great work. Fantastic. Glad to have helped. Administration was good.

Enjoyed and thrived upon the pressure of dealing with demanding individuals and situations.

Normal day started around 7am and ended 7pm with some work at home preparing for next day. Mostly my work took place out of office. only the administration was conducted in Edinburgh. Learned how to cope with stressful situations and to manage available time. I had a manegerial role in dealing with three secretaries and a member of the cleaning staff. My immediate manager was in Glasgow. Co-workers were doing a similar job to my own. Hardest part of the job was accepting that I could not always achieve what I set out to do due to external influences. Most enjoyable was when everything came together and the effort put in was justified.

Pros

Travelling and meeting people.

Cons

Travelling in the city traffic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNITE THE UNION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement