United Guarding Services

United Guarding Services Employee Reviews

Enormous amount of work, nearly zero tolerance for reasonable mistakes, many times got blamed for things I didn't do, very harsh treatment after even the smallest mistake, really pressing atmosphere at the office. Companies like this make your life really difficult.
Pros
All vehicles automatic.
Cons
Nearly everything.
UGS are a company that operates consistently within its limits, not overreaching and spreading resources thin. They have always been fair with annual leave, pay rises and learning resources. The provided uniform is as expected, with regular replacements available. Contact with Control/managers has always been simplistic, with my issues or concerns always recognised and addressed. Payslips/paychecks are always on time and never wrong. There have also been nice touches over the years, like contact from the CEO and Christmas hampers. Overall, they are a security company that stand out for employee welfare.
Pros
Proactive management, good pay, fair annual leave, caring attitude.
Cons
None.
At first thought it was a great company but everything i was told in the interview was a lie beginning with my duties and where I would be working was nothing like how it was described, I'm still waiting for my uniform a month in management doesn’t care for you to have a life will tell you 4 on 4 off rota in reality you'll be working nights only 6 days on 2 days off which is not acceptable. Management will try and make you feel obliged to take ridiculous shift patterns theres no true communication there and not much place to progress
Pros
Getting paid 10+
Cons
The whole company
The management is very rude always threatening staff to do what they want if not they sack you or take your shifts away. If you from same country as them you are favorite to be placed in a more pleasant place to work other race get treated like slaves.The company charges you ÂŁ50 for you to work for them on Xmas and they always put all the Christians in and give all the Muslims off.I will recommend you to work for them while you looking for something better.
Pros
Racist and rude fools
Cons
Payment and holidays
Had a great 10 year experience with United, good communication and a good relationship with my manager. Management found me work at my local area which made it very convenient for me to travel to. Got my holiday when needed, and always helped out on emergency’s. Top team
Pros
Quick travel
Cons
Workplace bullying takes place regularly , favouritism also with employees of same racial background teaming up to get other people sacked and shifts taken without notice. If you want a good security company this isn’t the one, you are better off with other more professional companies than this.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Rude/unprofessional management, shift patterns all over the place, no structure
Employers are horrendous. Salary is minimum in comparison. Very demanding. Lack of good manner. It is a family run agency. Where the MD is the mother of two spoiled managers, who are basically mama's boys. They all have bad attitudes.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Long list of cons.
I started work for united guarding in May 2019. First two month I worked at different sites. August 2019 they gave me permanent place to work. I like it. site
They're very good people and the security team are really good and helpful. They're really polite and professional. But the only thing is concern about getting changing your shifts and sites at any time without notifier you. Few managers at HR are very ruud.
very unprofessional, no company culture, no respect to staff, family business , they can change your shift last minute, if you do not expect shift they punish you with out shift, holidays always problem.
I have really enjoyed the camaraderie that I seems to be enjoying with the Controllers and Management. I have no reason to raise any complaint so far.
The management is terrible, company is family run so even if you was to complain about anything nothing gets done. They treat you like animals send you anywhere and everywhere you will never have your permanent site. Hardly give you any work so you could be off for 2 weeks without a heads up, they call you randomly to cover shifts. You may be at one site then get told to move to a different site which could be over a hour away. TERRIBLE COMPANY NO RESPECT.
The management and HR are incompetent and always hard to reach pretending to be busy. The control room officers are also rude, inexperienced, and amateur. The entire system of this company is all over the place. Avoid on all costs.
Pros
It’s managed to stay SIA accredited (shockingly)
Cons
Too many to list
poor management, disregarding staff even when working hard, swapping shifts even when youve confirmed weeks in advance, the whole company is shambles.
Pros
Had many shifts all taken away
Cons
The whole company
Bullying management only interested in incompetent non English speaking yes men, as anything else shows the management up for the wellies they really are. Don't touch them with a barge pole
Pros
Cons
Incompetent rude bullying managers
Worked for a few years with them, I was very happy with my manager although i did not think other managers had the strong work ethic mine had and it showed on their direct employees.
I would say they are utterly unprofessional and cowboys who don’t really know what they are doing and treat staff disrespectfully even when you are working very hard.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful
Work was non stop was doing Extreme mileage a week and paid next to nothing on the costs and always told were here for you but treated like a robot.If you get a fixed site it's good but do not transfer or you will never be treated fair again
Pros
Cons
Wage
Expect you to cover work last minute, have favourites if you say no to a work or a shift they will limit the work they give you or if they dislike you will remove your shifts on the system. No works security with this company.
Cons
Good close knit family up in head office. If you need someone it's easy to identify the exact person. Not good for career progression. Not many sites have a supervisor and the few that do pay what a security officer should be on really. Would like to have been offered the chance to go on courses etc. Ok if you want steady income but will not for career progression.
Pros
Local sites, overtime, small head office
Cons
Low rate
Office staff is super rude,No training whatsoever how to talk over the phone,Jobs they advertising as control room supervisor doesnt exist. Very bad experience indeed
Pros
Cons
All u get is rudeness