Unitemps

Unitemps Employee Reviews

United Kingdom62 reviews

universitystudentroleskillflexiblefriendlyopportunitypay

Excellent Company

Working for Unitemps has been one of the best experiences. They are flexible and very supportive. I have only good things to say. Lots of opportunities

Flexible and Supportive

Flexible contracts, great experience, Unitemps are really helpful with contracts, pay, and queries. Have been the perfect employer whilst being a busy university student looking for extra money.

14 September 2022
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you had a great experience with Unitemps during your studies!

Insights into Unitemps

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and fun place

Unitemps is a good company, they help you to find a job and take care of everything. Always answer to your queries and care for the employees. The environment is productive and fun, sometimes can be stressful but you can get over it.

Pros

Productive and fun, free canteen and parking

Cons

Cannot think of ant right now.

22 August 2022
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you found the Unitemps service helpful and that you managed to secure a job through us!

Great for students jobs

A great company to work for whilst studying at university. Offers flexible, part time employment. Timesheets are easy to use and the pay is good. There is no fixed location as Unitemps works on behalf of universities and associated companies to find students to employ.

Pros

Able to work at a variety of places learning different skills

1 June 2022
Thanks for your review, we're glad to hear you found working through Unitemps as a student helpful!

Best suited to students. Unreliable hours. Can be lonely, thankless work

Great job for students already living on campus and attending the University. Attend some extra lectures and get paid. Flexibility to decline hours if required. Choose your hours from what is available/ emailed to you. Sometimes there is no work. Terms 1 + 2 are usually busiest periods with the most available hours. Note taking is main aspect of the role. Can be challenging, requires a lot of concentration, fast and accurate writing. Depends largely on the subject area and the Lecturer. Good for those interested in learning and attending lots of University lectures.As a part time job for non-University students it is an unreliable/ unstable form of income. Wages only paid for the hours that you attend the lecture/ support the student (often 1 hour lectures) and any additional time for typing up notes (if requested) Hours are not guaranteed and may be spread out/ sporadic. Need to consider travel time and cost of parking (temp staff can get monthly parking permit) vs. hourly rate of pay for lecture only (do they cancel each other out?!) Doing many hours of this type of work, can be very mentally tiring due to concentration and speed of note-taking required. Can be a very lonely/ thankless job. Often no contact/ response from students you are supporting with note taking. In some cases you might never meet/ know who they are. Students do not always wish to be identified as requiring support. No contact with other support workers/ note-takers. Management team/ coordinators very responsive/ friendly and understanding however contact limited to mostly via email only.

1 June 2022
Thank you for your review.We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with the Unitemps team. We value your feedback and will pass it over to the team for their information.

Brilliant

Good company to work for while at university, means you can pick and choose when you work. Supportive managers in each job and the pay is good for students on the side.

18 May 2022
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear Unitemps benefited you during your studies and that you felt supported during your time with us!

Definitely only choose the people they like

Had an excellent experience working for the university where they employed me; however, after I had to leave an ongoing role, due to personal reasons, it seems that I am being turned down for even basic jobs.I ensure I tailor my applications and CVs to even the minor roles, but for some reason, know unable to score an interview for a simple role. Will be removing my details and won't apply again. I truly believe - as someone else stated on here - that they just choose whom they like, and as such, waste the time of very experienced applicants.

Pros

Flexibility; decent salary.

Cons

Seem to punish you for not being able to complete an assignment, despite having good reasons.

1 June 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that this is the page for the Unitemps Warwick branch. We will pass your thoughts over to the Unitemps branch at University of Salford

Favouritism

Alright I suppose if you get along with the manager as they only choose the people they like for work, they take on a lot of ambassadors with the promise of work when there just isn’t enough and it all goes to their friends.

n.a

Great place to work for, everyone was friendly. Loads of flexible shifts, different job roles are available, which is important as a student. Would highly recommend

Great Temp Roles for Students

I worked as a student ambassador with Unitemps at DMU on their open days. Although casual, the role was enjoyable and the people running the open day were helpful.

Pros

Helpful staff

Cons

Zero hour contracts

Professional work agency

Work assignment at University of Warwick was enjoyable and I learned a lot about Students and the accommodation policies.Bereavement and Sick days should be introduced for contracts 6 months and longer.

Cons

No sick day pay

Could be a great way to get experiences

Working with unitemps was rather easy but then I also had an inner way in as my friend reccomended me to one of the managers at the university thus my way in. Over all was great for the time I worked there/with them

Pros

Got given a free mug with chocolate in

Cons

Not guaranteed permanent work

Good for temporary work

I would strongly suggest that anyone who works through Unitemps do not expect much to come out of the work you do. It’s good for those who are studying and those who need some quick work, otherwise there isn’t much point utilising it.Other than that it was useful for me back when I was studying to get a few extra pounds worth during a costly university experience.

Pros

Opportunities in London

Cons

Poor communication, opportunities usually aren’t that relevant

great place to work and very convenient for students

One of the best jobs I've had. Perfect for me as I'm a student I didn't have too many worries as long as I did my job. The hours were good too, and really friendly management. Met some great people too.

Timely

Unitemps helped me a lot in my university days. I could carry out my pocket money and save some money. I really want to thank Unitemps for helping me.

Instructed well when temping in different departments, nice staff members, good pay rate, lots of work on available either part or full-time (during normal non lockdown times). Would recommend.

Fun Workplace

We were in charge of the tours and activities for prospective students and the University Staff that we also worked with were amazing at helping at any time we needed it.

Pros

Free Lunch

Productive and fun workplace

Working for UNITEMPS is nice and casual because it provides job in your free time from university. Also, they provide competitive pay and holiday pay for job done so it is really good working for them.

Solid workplace

All was good except for their payment schedule being monthly. Doing temp jobs, would’ve preferred being paid weekly. The process for the timesheets and all makangement I came across were nice. Great place to work.

Pros

Friendly, made to feel part of the team and a nice aesthetic place to work

Cons

Payment schedule

Best Job Ever

Superrrr flexible around your studies. Just pick jobs to suit you and there’s always room to grow. For example I started directing cars on an open day to giving campus tours and being an area coordinator! Jobs are great and everyone is really friendly. Literally the best job as a student, get paid for talking about your university and inspire others!

All good

The best Agency in whole Leicester. Nice and very professional staff, very helpful with any inquiries and resolving issues. They been always good to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unitemps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement