Universal Web Design

Universal Web Design Employee Reviews

Good to be a part of something

The people at universal are very knowledgeable which is good to be around so much information, it makes my life easier for sure. Previously it has not been so easy as other companies do not invest into the platforms this company uses which makes a big difference

worst place to work for

bullying management, long hours. Awful unethical practices by scamming non-tech aware people with (probably illegal and void) lock in contracts and forces us as emoyees to smile and go along with this. I would not recommend working here and management should be ashamed.

Cons

Toxic work environment

Exceptional Work Experience

I am really pleased to be working at a company that highly values their staff members and always support them. I love the organisation and the rules that make the company extremely professional and corporate. Everyone is always kind and supportive which makes it a fun place to work at. Strongly recommend!

Stressful and unprofessional environment

Do not apply here! This company is a joke. Management make out they are amazing but have no idea what they are doing and blame all mistakes on staff. Training is in adequate, and when they do bother to train you, it's in your own time, meaning you miss out on lunch breaks. The management use bullying in order to get staff to work overtime and deal with clients that have complained, passing on the responsibility. Clients are left without the service that they have paid for.

Grateful

I am lucky to be part of a company that has kept me and paying me during covid19 as most of my friends lost their positions at the companies they worked for and have no money which is really sad

Maybe stop spending all your time writing fake reviews and improve as a company?

run by horrible horrible people. Please change for the better youll never succeed or get offices in london with an office culture that makes people want to kill themselves.

An amazing place to work with plenty of ways to progress!

I think that Universal Web Design is a fantastic place to work because of how welcoming the team is! The Managing Director is a true believer of sharing the rewards with the company! We receive a multitude of rewards for hitting targets as well as team nights out, meals and unlimited refreshments! The level if training that you receive is second to none! All members of management are extremely helpful, supportive, welcoming and critical when needed. I could not imagine working anywhere else! I am well supported within my journey into the marketing industry, and as are my colleagues.

Avoid avoid avoid

Do not apply here, the worst experience of my life. Long work hours, shorten breaks - sometimes taken away for “lunch and learn” biggest waste of time, never paid on time, never get wage slips. In my short time there (less than 3 months) I saw about 6-8 people come and go! Staff turn around is stupid, every time I look on the website the whole team has changed!

it's a joke

it's a joke .no fair pay no breaks no nothing. wanna have a bad experience in your life so you can know for future reference what to look for just go there .

Every Day is Busy

There is constant activity and lots to do throughout the day. I enjoy the end of the month drinks which are free. Plus as it is a big company I have access to a lot of discounts at shops and restaurants.

Really good company but some clients not so good

It's really hard to get into universal design as so many people apply to get into the company and every day calls come in from people wanting to join the business. The company is good and the standards are very very high which is why pretty much all of the customers are really happy, but some of the clients do not have a clue what they are talking about and think they are experts, its really frustrating at times having to deal with some of these small business owners who lack a lot of knowledge

Very professional company and nice people

I have worked at much larger businesses than here before, but I am amazed and very impressed by the processes and systems this business has. They operate like a very successful, organised and much bigger business would. The team is small at the moment with about 15 specialists, but the company is constantly winning business so the future is very bright. Unfortunately it appears the company has had a couple of people who may have struggled in their role or were envious of those doing well at the company. But I suppose that happens at all successful businesses. I enjoy my role. It is hard work, every day is fast paced and I am doing much more than I ever knew was involved within my role but as I say, this company is incredibly detailed and the Director is a perfectionist. He wants the best from us and for us.

Pros

Over 100 Benefits. Growing Company. Lots of Opportunities. Fast Progression

Cons

Very fast paced

Very driven business

the team are very friendly and supportive, they have a wealth of knowledge and are experts in specific fields of design and marketing. I learned so much in this role. I was shattered for the first few weeks as there was so much information to take in. That said, I advanced most when at UWD due to all of the training provided and different instances I got involved in. Management had a lot of belief in my abilities and developed me constantly. The client base is big which is good for job security. Just lots of calls and emails to deal with. Overall I would say this is a good company to work for. Definitely one of the most organised and structured in terms of spreadsheets, formulas and systems. It is a speedy industry and businesses have not much knowledge which can be frustrating at times.

Pros

free food, company branded clothing, birthday cards and cake, christmas celebrations

Cons

lots of calls and emails

Sales

Being a team member of UWD is all about being the best. The best in your role, knowledge, expertise, efforts and determination. This results in it having one of the best teams in the industry and why customers want to work with UWD. I have always been a part of winning sports teams and business teams, hence why I love it at UWD. My colleagues are very friendly and supportive and there is so much training on all areas of business. The owner is very much about personal and team development, hence the weekly team meetings and team training. If you want to become an asset to any business, being a part of UWD will be one of the best investments you make.

Pros

Juice and Drinks on Mondays, monthly team events, Christmas meals, discounts practically everywhere

Cons

very fast paced industry which I love but others might find hard, clients can be demanding

Excellent Company To Work For!

This is a very good company with a great structure. They use KPI and monitor team members productivity monthly, so every single team member knows the revenue generated per month. Every single member has its own target and is based on the 3 times multiplier, if you exceed the target you get a bonus which is great and fair. If you think that you will get a job here and you will hide behind 4 monitors and don't work, this is not the place for you as you will be caught out very quick. The management is so sharp and the monthly productivity report shows who is working hard is remunerated and who is not progressing will be replaced. The company has goals set up in place every year and once we hit a goal we celebrate it together, the company covers all the expenses such as team night out+meal, overseas trips etc. They also have a lot of policies in place and systems to follow which makes your daily job easy as you know what you are doing. All the team members that are currently working here, are excellent and very hard working.

Hard Working & Rewarding

Universal made it very clear to me as to what their expectations were and what I had to do to progress within the company. I have learned so much from customer service to sales and web design. They have high expectations but again this is clear from the outset.

Pros

Commission, bonuses, discounts restaurants, discounted gym, discounted travel, 4 screen pc, team training, lots of clients

Cons

it is a 24 hour industry. clients can be demanding.

Avoid at all costs

Very poor management team, they can't keep their personal problems out of the office making for a very bad work environment. They consistently try to underpay workers, and dock wages for no reason.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Web Design. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement