University College London Hospitals NHS Trust

United Kingdom78 reviews

Insights into University College London Hospitals NHS Trust

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Very productive workplace

Working at UCLH has been very productive for me. It supports my goals and ambitions to progress in my career.There’s a culture of personal and professional development at work.

UCLH has extremely high standards in a work ethic/culture. I found the standards they were purported to have were higher than any other hospital I worked for in Inner and greater London. It was a pleasure to work there and I would do so at any time.

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

Sometimes high pressure

Professionalità ed specializzazione

Ottima possibilità di carriera, ambiente competitivo ma altamente motivante ed appagante

Not a nice environment to work if you need your sanity long term

No job satisfaction, no progression most part of the dept.Job culture generally within NHS is appalling. No Equal opportunity,diversity/inclusion.Bad

Pros

Can’t think of any right now, if any at all

Cons

No support, no consultation, not being listened to, disparity in treatment, high staff turnover

Great place to work and a supportive team

Working in a Children and Adolescents department, I work with a supportive team, it's hard in this day and age to actually have a team who are genuine and have your best interest. The team are dynamic, fun, hard working, supportive and are resilient to change.

Not a good Atmosphere. Some bullying.

It is sometime since I worked at UCLH but there are far too many managers and the work is not fairly distributed. I worked in administration. On the plus side helping patients and their families gave me a sense of satisfaction fulfilment.

Cons

Too many managers

A very dinamic place

I really enjoyed to work there. My colleagues were brilliant with a good team spirit, I had so many opportunities to learn and to grow as a professional. I was appreciated for my work. When I went through tough times on a personal level I was given the appropriate support.

Pros

Flexibility and support

Cons

Working only office hours

fun workplace

Assist patients with their mails, attend group meeting. Its a fast working pace workplace, it can get very busy. I helped go for their meetings. The management was very strick, eveyone had their appointment to attend, to see a docotor, or get help to explain about the care they will be recieving on the day.

Enjoyable workplace with a balanced work life.

There is no typical day, as everyday can be very different and present new challenges. I have learned to be able to solve and change and adapt to new situations arising. Management is very kind and helpful in almost all matters. The workplace is very inclusive and multicultural which would allow anyone from and race, religion or place feel very welcome. Hardest part of the job would be the wait times in between different tasks in clinic which could get tiresome. The most enjoyable aspect is the direct effect our trials have on patient lives which are helping and making a difference to peoples lives.

Friendly and warm environment . I feel staff are well looked after

Friendly warm environment. I feel staff are well looked after. Given it’s a relatively small hospital it’s easier to get to know people making it a more pleasant atmosphere . You tend to work better as a team with people you know.

Interesting journey

Never really worked in the public sector, in particular - the NHS. Was very different travelling to the city and time has literally flown by. Enjoyed learning about client engagement and a different perspective of values in a hospital environment.

Quite good

NHS has a lot of different units where occupational therapy can reach the goals and it has a good environment and nice co-workers as well

Productive fun work place

Trust staff are incredibly kind and supportive as well as excellent in their respective fields. Management are firm but fair and all share a collective goal of bettering patient care and furthering advancement for the trust. Excellent place to work.

Excellent learning experience

This job has enabled me to develop and hone clinical and leadership skills in a demanding and challenging environment. The team I work alongside are incredibly supportive and motivating, and are always encouraging me to further myself in the field.

Caring and professional staff

A professional a nd friendly environment, where being helpful to the people is the main aim. Very professional staff, always informed about the new scientific findings.

Friendly staff

Being a volunteer for UCL Hospital was the best thing. The staff is friendly, they teach you so much about the role you undertaken. The key to enjoy your time as a volunteer or as a staff member in UCLH is to be respectful and eager to learn as the older staff are always having the best intentions to teach you new skills and knowledge.

very nice working environment

I have only done work experience at the hospital in the radiography department and that has been very rewarding. I have learned a lot of things and the team leader of the department was very patience and explained everything thoroughly.

fun hard work

I provided care and assistant to patients. some days were extremely stressful as there was short staff and a lot more patients and you didnt get everything done as there was not enough support.

Working as a team

UCLH Promotes Teamwork ,problem solving and team building to deliver Health Care to Patient. I learned to promote and to focused multidisciplinary approach to care in collaboration with carers,health care professionals and other agencies and services.

Pros

Safe Working Environment.

Cons

More than 5 patient/nurse ratio

good teaching environment

NHS teaching hospital in central London. very good modern matron to work for. I would encourage anyone to work there. They are a fair employer and enjoyable teams to work with.

productive

A good place to work , and a good place for grate career progession. fun loving collegues, a lovely hosptail . and helps with growing in career path .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement