University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust

University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom29 reviews

goodworkingjobworkenjoymanagementstaffday

Employee experience needs improving

Outdated and archaic processes means poor employee experience. Ambitious leadership team, achievement in clinical excellence, fairness high on the agenda however practices are questionable.

Progressive ladder

I enjoy working for University Hospitals Birmingham, I work along side a great team of skilled professionals. I learn new things with each shift which gives me confidence in my job.

Insights into University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

University Hospitals Birmingham

Bullying is allowed to continue without redress to the employee doing it, poor management,People being paid thousands more for doing the same job due to banding changes

Pros

Job security

Cons

Poor management/bullying culture

Avoid

Ghastly experience, low morale, understaffed, endless problems with wages and getting CT scans. Hostile environment, open bullying of junior staff, try elsewhere, it doesn’t have to be like this.

Pros

Cons

As above

Good hospital

Q.E is a good hospital, very modern, good facilities however very stressful environment. Very good location however and the right support in place to help development.

Fast paced and interesting

Fair employers. Amazing Management Team. Always an interesting and challenging day. No one day is the same. Good benefits which improve the longer you work there.

High turnover of staff due to Low Morale

Used to work at UHB in the IT department a lot of favouritism and politics seems to be going on with management and certain members of staff. Management couldn’t care less about staff hence the high staff turnover. Morale is super low, a lot of the time they advertise fixed term contracts then left go of the staff that refuse to brown nose. Apply if desperate!!!

Enjoy my work ,challenging , great teamwork , so many initiations to improve standards

Caring is my priority, work in collaboration with other disciplines-great place to work Patient focussed all the time Would recommend any of my family / friends to work or obtain treatment Love it

Very good

I enjoy it here. It is a stable job with great scope for progession. Staff and friendly and management is always ready to help. I work with doctors and nurses on a daily basis to best treat patients.

Fun and Good Career Opportunities

I enjoyed working here with a fun, experienced team. The opportunities for progression. The only reason for leaving was the need to relocate for personal circumstances.

Great experience

Worked at Heartlands hospital was recruited as an administrator and then was promoted, I worked with a great team who were very supportive and my colleagues were also great. Good work life balance also. Only reason I decided to leave was because of the merger and restructure of jobs otherwise I think I would be still be working there

Steer clear of Payroll

I had the unfortunate experience of working in the Payroll Department at UHB. Work loads are not distributed evenly. Some staff enjoying working their flat 37.50 hours per week with the occasional extra flexi whilst others were working in excess. Moral was awful. Staff bullying and intimidation was evident on certain teams by the team leaders and those who support them. One of the team leaders I believe has been warned about her behaviour in the past but she is openly supported by the Payroll manager so gets away with it. It is very evident that certain staff are protected regardless of whether they do not pull their weight or are just plain nasty.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Low morale, long hours, intimidation

Horrible staff and poor management

I worked in the Radiotherapy Bookings office on a temporary basis through the hosp agency. The staff in the office are totally unprofessional, lazy, and rude. They are a very clicky office and do not make you feel at all welcome. The management in this place are absolutely useless! They showed me no support and had little interest in how I was feeling. I was so unhappy there don't even bother applying!

Pros

Cons

Horrible staff, stressful, bad managers

Not interested in looking after loyal staff

I am in the same heart breaking situation as everybody else who is leaving the NHS. They want more and more out of you for less and less. UHB cut wages, costs and corners so that the numbers ALWAYS add up. This is to the detriment to staff morale and patient safety.

Pros

Individual staff are amazing

Cons

UHB are not interested in looking after loyal staff

Caring, friendly staff

A typical day at work would be mostly enjoyable. I learned that me being my singing self, would put a smile on the faces of most patients, staff and families. The management was mostly ok, although I believe more can be done to improve the understanding of working parents with child care needs. To lose a person is always the hardest part of the job.

Pros

training available

Cons

Long shifts

Nhs

The trust is such a good place to work, and the passion within the CEO really shows. It is a shame that politics and inside management tactics really get int he way of departments flourishing.

One of the best places to work

One of the best places to work. They fund the training for the employees. Good leadership. learned a lot since they have a well experienced bunch. Overall very friendly environment to work.

One of the most well managed hospital trusts

Very well managed hospital trust in a good location. Lots of push for benchtop to bedside science and a good research portfolio. Adjacency to university helps facilitate these developments.

Productive and interesting workplace

This job was a good experience for me despite the terrible pay. I had multiple opportunities within this job such as different training sessions that I could attend for free! I also worked within a very good team where I was valued and respected. However, as an apprentice my pay was very low and was not enough to support my lifestyle so sadly I had to leave. I am still very grateful for the opportunities I got whilst working there.

Pros

Good teams to work within

Cons

Bad pay

Fair.

Would in all honesty rate them as fairly average. Training is good and the systems in use (such as Rio and other tracking systems) are relatively user-friendly. The hardest part of the job would be working in the type of department /section where a number of patients have to be seen within a very short space of time, and where there is limited availability.

Pros

Many Individual medical staff are highly committed and professional.

Cons

No definite cons - it is fine if that if you enjoy working in the health sector

Great workplace

Very good learning and development opportunities within the workplace, I have attended many study days to enhance my role. I enjoy every shift spent at my job within my team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement