University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust logo
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust

University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Good team to work with

Workplace culture is very similar to other hospital settings, the hardest part is not having enough staff. The most enjoyable is the fact I love the people I work with

Pros

Good team

Cons

Not enough staff

Parking

Not once is parking raised as being an issue. Accepted a job and then found that there was actually no parking available! HR chase you to chase referees - I thought that would be their job? Payroll were extremely unhelpful and rude - despite the fact that had made miscalculations and were unaware of basic facts.

Current employee

I love working for the trust,can sometimes be hectic,you get payed monthly but its good rate of pay you get payed properly for overtime and weekend work,best job I've ever had.

Pros

The staff are amazing, its like family.

Cons

Depends on what your job is

unsupportive, bullying culture

Was employed as a newly qualified staff nurse. Encountered bullying culture. "Mentors" were unsupportive and diminished any confidence I had gained upon achieving my first degree with honours. I had some lovely feedback from patient's and some staff but bullying culture pursued. Managers unsupportive and would not relocate me. I left after six months

Busy, friendly place to work

I start work at 6.30 a.m. and finish at 4.00 p.m. and am busy all day. I am mainly computer based and I enjoy this work. I also work closely with my colleagues and manage their holidays etc. I am currently about to be redeployed or made redundant due to a Management of Change within the department.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Based outside the main hospital so do not feel part of the NHS

Very Rewarding

Volunteering in the Accident and Emergency Department is exceptionally rewarding. Being able to make a patients day even a little bit better is a feeling unlike any other. Volunteers are regarded well by clinical and house keeping staff alike.

Working for the local community

Working for the NHS is giving something back to the local community. You are playing your part in providing essential care for otherswhen needed most.

Business Admin Support review

This is a varied and interesting role, which not only uses my administration skills, but also allows me to draw on my IT knowledge and experience. I like the fact that not every day is the same in this role, It’s busy and allows me to have a good level of autonomy alongside being part of a team.

Good

Good for part time working. Quite flexible. Not a lot of room for progression for ATO's. Working 1 in 4 weekends is good. A lot of support from other staff. 1 hour lunch breaks.

Very busy ward, always short staffed

Assisting clients with personal care.checking observations and monitoring blood sugars. I've met some amazing people, who are very grateful for all I do for them, but I feel I can't spend the time with them cause there is a shortage of staff. There's not enough nursing assistances , so I have to do patients on my own plus doing the long days are taking its tole on me.Management say they are trying too get more staff and are looking at reducing the long days, but nothing seems to be happening .

Pros

Good holiday ALLOWANCES

Cons

Doing long days, 15 hour shifts

Jobs at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust