University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Employee Reviews

United Kingdom85 reviews

universitystudentexperiencestafffriendlyteampeopleenvironment

Collaborative work environment

Did a PhD at Aberdeen University. Good people, collaborative work environment. People are willing to help you. Lots of facilities to expand your skill set.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Best place work and flexibility to support personal life

This is an organization that supports working life balance.I will choose to work with University of Aberdeen over and over again.I have been supported through full time education and work without feeling stressed.

Pros

Flexibility and Support

Cons

N/a

Insights into University of Aberdeen

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Great work place

Professional services and in particular the IT directorate is a fantastic team to work with at the University. The people are fantastic and the campus is a brilliant place to work

Very good for mums with little children

Very flexible times and homeworking opportunity. Good family & work balance. Not career development, managers control all the staff movements around. Salary is not fair with responsibilities and tasks. Very poor management, a lot of slippy shoulders....

Best place I've worked

I worked here till I left due to relocation.I really enjoyed my time at the university and my Co workers and management were great just a pity I had to relocate.

Pros

Good Shifts

Cons

Don’t stay out of knowledge and good research. Keep yourself updated with latest technology. You’ll be respected and valued.There’s a good work life balance

Good ace to work

Very good place to work , happy atmosphere, good working conditions, good communication between departments that make the tasks at hand that much easier to complete.

Collaborative

Happy place to work. Loads of options to collaborate. Competitive and stimulating. Work like balance, love the canteen offerings and discounts. Generally recommend

Very busy most of the day

Enjoyed cleaning for students and love to watch the students different culture . I’ve also learned how to communicate with the supervisor guidance . And work with some other domestic assistant

Pros

Free toast and coffee

Cons

Store room for cleaning is too far to collect

Good mangement

Good people as long as you do your job they leave you be, the supervisors are very god and listen to the staff,you always get your breaks and they try and accommodate your holidays the work isn’t too hard either it’s good fun

Pros

There is always tea coffee and toast

Cons

Non

Avoid

Treat everyone different. Work not shared. They leave you to work alone solo in buildings knowing it’s against health and safety. Take advantage of people.

Pros

Wage

Cons

All above

Great place to learn and study

Amazing education and professors. Great place to study and do research. I have a good work and social life balance. The community is very close knit and the department is great at keeping everyone connected especially in these times of Covid19.

Pros

Great professors

Cons

During the winter the sun sets very early.

Excellent working environment and culture

Short term contract at Foresterhill site, Aberdeen University which I thoroughly enjoyed. My job was to carry out general administrative duties in support of clinical trials. Staff were all very positively engaged in their work, supportive and enthusiastic.

Pros

Great health & wellbeing ethos

Cons

I can’t say there were any, apart from that I wished there was enough funding for a longer contract! :)

It has been really useful experience for me to do my PhD at university of Aberdeen. I developed quite a range of technical skills and knowledge in completing my PhD.

Excellent employment

I had a fantastic team which I worked within to carry out essential administrative tasks for the admissions department for the University. The supportive and relaxed ethos of the office made for a very pleasant working experience.

Good University

Reliable University for advancement in a scientific career and with several opportuinites for a student to engage their own research project and possibility to acquire the necessary skills for a future job.

Good workplace

Friendly and productive environment in which I developed lots of new skills including cartography and general workplace etiquette. The typical day was 9-5

fun workplace

I had a great time with the university on my work experience venture. The team were very helpful in showing me the ropes. I was shown many aspects of the computing department, from computer support to programming.

I loved my job but I hate the University

The university is corrupt. Professors themselves are very stressed and treated with a lack of respect. Mental health help at this university is some of the worst I have ever experienced. I was lucky to have had such a lovely experience as a student and as a part-time employed student. There are wonderful opportunities if one puts in the effort to find them. But the administration and organisation of the university as a whole is absolutely shocking. I would never choose to work there ever again because of the harrasment, bullying, and downright disgusting behaviour I have seen directed towards other students and members of staff.

Productive and informative

This was an elected process by the students as their class representative. It is not paid work. The job is to convey students' concerns to the staff running the institution and vice versa at the appointed meetings. Assist students to the relevant department best suited to deal with inquiries within student services.

productive and exiciting

University of Aberdeen is decent place to work. I was working at university of Aberdeen full time for less than year. Really good work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Aberdeen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare University of Aberdeen with

University of Aberdeen reviews by location

Learn about University of Aberdeen in popular locations

• University of Aberdeen
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?