University of Aberdeen logo
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Employee Reviews

Good mangement

Good people as long as you do your job they leave you be, the supervisors are very god and listen to the staff,you always get your breaks and they try and accommodate your holidays the work isn’t too hard either it’s good fun

Pros

There is always tea coffee and toast

Cons

Non

Avoid

Treat everyone different. Work not shared. They leave you to work alone solo in buildings knowing it’s against health and safety. Take advantage of people.

Pros

Wage

Cons

All above

Great place to learn and study

Amazing education and professors. Great place to study and do research. I have a good work and social life balance. The community is very close knit and the department is great at keeping everyone connected especially in these times of Covid19.

Pros

Great professors

Cons

During the winter the sun sets very early.

Excellent working environment and culture

Short term contract at Foresterhill site, Aberdeen University which I thoroughly enjoyed. My job was to carry out general administrative duties in support of clinical trials. Staff were all very positively engaged in their work, supportive and enthusiastic.

Pros

Great health & wellbeing ethos

Cons

I can’t say there were any, apart from that I wished there was enough funding for a longer contract! :)

It has been really useful experience for me to do my PhD at university of Aberdeen. I developed quite a range of technical skills and knowledge in completing my PhD.

Excellent employment

I had a fantastic team which I worked within to carry out essential administrative tasks for the admissions department for the University. The supportive and relaxed ethos of the office made for a very pleasant working experience.

Good University

Reliable University for advancement in a scientific career and with several opportuinites for a student to engage their own research project and possibility to acquire the necessary skills for a future job.

Good workplace

Friendly and productive environment in which I developed lots of new skills including cartography and general workplace etiquette. The typical day was 9-5

fun workplace

I had a great time with the university on my work experience venture. The team were very helpful in showing me the ropes. I was shown many aspects of the computing department, from computer support to programming.

I loved my job but I hate the University

The university is corrupt. Professors themselves are very stressed and treated with a lack of respect. Mental health help at this university is some of the worst I have ever experienced. I was lucky to have had such a lovely experience as a student and as a part-time employed student. There are wonderful opportunities if one puts in the effort to find them. But the administration and organisation of the university as a whole is absolutely shocking. I would never choose to work there ever again because of the harrasment, bullying, and downright disgusting behaviour I have seen directed towards other students and members of staff.

Jobs at University of Aberdeen

See more jobs

Productive and informative

This was an elected process by the students as their class representative. It is not paid work. The job is to convey students' concerns to the staff running the institution and vice versa at the appointed meetings. Assist students to the relevant department best suited to deal with inquiries within student services.

productive and exiciting

University of Aberdeen is decent place to work. I was working at university of Aberdeen full time for less than year. Really good work experience.

good

it's a good place if you want to settle but for people that just start cooking i suggest to move away after a while because you need to learn more things when you start cooking

Pros

good wage

Cons

locations

Working at Aberdeen University

An overall challenging experience working in the School of Engineering. Deal regularly with problem solving and finding solutions to manufacturing apparatus. It's enjoyable working with people from around the world.

Busy, interesting workplace but a bit out of date

Universities can unfortunately operate in quite an outdated way and there is a lot of unnecessary office politics. However, the work is very interesting and colleagues are great.

Conservative but chilled environment to work in

Any changes are difficult to introduce. Despite of this, I liked working in my immediate team. Salary and benefits are relatively good. No culture of working overhours or answering emails after work which was great.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Office politics

Fun workplace. Good experiences gained

University of Aberdeen Dental School and Hospital is a brilliant facility to work at. The staff can gain a lot of CPD and extra post qualifications. There are different departments within the dental school, from complicated head and neck cancer cases within Hospital Restorative and Orthognatic cases within the Othodontic department where I currently work, to dental students training at the University of Aberdeen side of the institute. We also welcome trainee dental nurses to train in gaining their dental nursing diplomas so it's good for them to gain their experience in different departments.

Pros

Friendly staff, experiences in a lot of specialities in dentistry

Cons

Personally a long way from home. I live 50 mile away from this job.

Friendly

I work in a very busy office with each day different depending on current media stories and the range of events I was involved in. Excellent management and friendly culture.

Productive and enjoyable place to work

This was a learning experience as this was not a job I had ever done before. I learned new qualifications. I entered a completely new environment and met new and interesting people.

Studied here

I studied at the University of Aberdeen for my undergraduate degree. Loved it, most of the time. A very good work/social life balance (for me, at least)

This is a University

The University of Aberdeen is one of the best universities in the UK and Europe at large. I am here studying towards my Masters of Science degree in Petroleum Data Management. But I would like to have a part-time job that I can do between or after my classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Aberdeen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4