University of Bath

University of Bath Employee Reviews

Really good a little laid back for my liking. My manager was a little too hands off in my role and not really very tentative to my development. That was the only downside. But I wasn't there too long to so this comment maybe a little harsh. Otherwise UoB was excellent in terms of there facilities and the research work.
Excellent facilities, Zumba at lunchtime. Good work/life balance with 36.5hrs pw and extra 'discretionary' days tapped onto bank holidays. Collaborative culture, wonderful colleagues. However, poor job security with many fixed-term contracts.
As a 'casual worker', the environment is relaxing and I always am keen to work and represent the University - great place to work. A typical day for my job entails informing prospective students about the campus and course - giving them presentations and tours of the university.
Work is enjoyable, politics less so. Pay is not comparable to other local HE institutions. 'But we're Bath, you should be glad to work here' is the prevailing attitude.
This is a good place to work if you are looking for job security and a good work life balance as most departments offer flexi-time and the holiday allowance is above the private sector. The pace of work can be very slow and tasks repetitive. In admin or marketing roles in particular, there’s little room for advancement and training opportunities are almost none. People are promoted to management grades when they are not experienced enough, resulting in micro management and poor communication Communication is poor on a senior level and m about
A fantastic part-time role for students alongside their studies, gaining leadership and presentation experience. The open days were always well-attended and dynamic.
University of Bath is a friendly and productive working place that you can enjoy working. Staff and people are nice and friendly. Moreover, I enjoy working here in Bath.
the University if a good place to work and offers a number of benefits. however,, there is no recognised career progression so it can be hard to advance your career.
A very good place to be for learning science/engineering topics, with very aproachable people that will make your life easier.
The University is a nice entity where it is easy to findyour place. It is a nice working place and cosmopolitain. The position helped me to develop the skill of team management
Wasn't there for long but they all made me feel very welcoming there and I was not pressurised during my work a d learning around I.T. I was able to learn alot about hardware and software while volunteering with the service desk team and would definitely work there again when I can
Collaborative and friendly place to work. Good organisational and reporting structures. Good opportunities to extend work profile and gain other experiences.
It is a great opportunity to work part time whilst you study at the University with least work load. The university has a friendly environment and many opportunities to learn, work and grow.
I enjoyed my time here a lot and loved being part of a team of interesting, clever, talented and witty people. There's flexible working and a pleasingly right-on culture. However, there are also some frustrating and rigid internal structures in the workplace. Employees' skills and knowledge aren't always utilised to the team's advantage, and repetitive menial tasks are often allocated to smart people, which wastes resources. Furthermore, there are regular directives from people in senior positions who don't necessarily understand the manifold challenges faced by those actually doing the work. Additionally, academics are revered and get the final say on what's published about their departments in onine and printed marketing materials, yet are not necessarily the best people to make editorial, proofreading or business decisions. Even so, they are permitted to do so, often arbitrarily and at the expense of logic or clarity. Overall, the university is a happy and positive place in which to work, offering good learning opportunities and a friendly, positive culture; but a less rigid structure would be beneficial. Would I go back if the right opportunity arose? Yes, because my colleagues were fabulous!
It is a university, a good university, I had a nice time there, I studied there and played with my friends, I want to use indeed to search for jobs not write reviews of universities
Recommend getting jobs here as a student. Great pay, good hours that accommodate to university life. Good progression opportunities. Good way to make money while studying.
Excellent! A+ the people who work their are friendly and helpful, they helped me to gain confidence and gain more skills. couldn't recommend more to anyone.
Great university. I didn't work as a staff member, just as an undergraduate doing lab work. I am very satisfied with both my course and the university as a whole.
campus tour, daily interaction with students talking to students about their academic choices and guiding them. Helping with applicant visit days and other activities.
I have been working at University of Bath full-time for just under 6 months involved in a range of multidisciplinary projects. Research culture is collaborative with opportunities to work with researchers in different departments.
Pros
Opportunity to work with a number of teams within the department.
Cons
Very quiet at times due to the holiday period.
a good and calm work place the team is amazing great team work and the management its very helpful. Everyone is smiling and very polite. working wihot food and drin
  1. Employee reviews