UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA

UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom78 reviews

Fun place to work

Amazing place to work with full of fun and enjoyment. Never regretted for working here. Supportive colleagues as most of them are students and team leaders are always helping you whenever you got stuck in doing a task. Finally a Best place to work.

Great team, great boss - what more to say.

The UEA is an inclusive, collaborative great place to work. Everyone is treated with respect and I feel listened to.The grounds are great for walking in during down time and the staff in all the outlets are just fab!

Pros

Country side location

Cons

Parking charges

Insights into UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to work for

Overall, great place to work for. Friendly, collaborative and supportive team full of talented people. Decent benefits. Salaries not very competitive and should be reviewed more often.

comfortable place to work, friendly people, parking is not free

Parking is not free for staff members, the standard rate is £4 a day to park.Progression is slow and limited, you can only find yourself progressing professionally by applying for another role in the establishment, with little chance to gain the experience needed to do the role you apply for.Everybody is very friendly and its a good mix of ages, gender and cultures.Management is very laid back and the days go by quickly, you are left to your own devices most of the time.Very little micromanagement if any management at all.Management lines and office politics are all in place to keep those who have coasted in their roles in the same jobs until they can retire. Too many managers for arguably small projects and endless meetings full of jargon to busy up the managers calendars so they can keep riding the gravy train.Hybrid working is welcome and staff are encouraged to pick what works best for their circumstances.

Pros

Comfortable, company culture means this is a job, where you can get away with as little or as much as possible in the role, VERY laid back management

Cons

Don't expect to be rewarded for your efforts, Career prospects once you're in your role tend to stagnate, You will ALWAYS start at the bottom of the pay scale

No on-campus support

Student support is now run by an agency based in Manchester. There is no support for workers on campus and the appropriate agency staff are difficult to reach on the phone. The agency is not run well at all and the pay is very low. Communication is very poor. I had to wait months to be paid for the work I did because their system is so bad. This affects the service provided to the students, and I'm fairly sure the reason one of my students dropped out of studies is because he was not getting the support he needed, which was down to the university and the agency not doing their jobs.

Pros

Near to where I live, so when I travelled to work only to find out I wasn't needed (nobody communicated this to me), at least I didn't have far to travel home again.

Cons

Very bad communication

Ambiente de trabajo dinámico y satisfactorio

Ambiente de trabajo dinámico y satisfactorio. Facilitan formación previa y un seguimiento de tu trabajo.

Like the civil service, no energy or innovation in main body of campus

Everyone anxious about their job role, will tell on one another, lack of loyalty, everyone will stick there to get a pension. Lack of geographic mobility and therefore of ideas. Very Norwich.

Fun workplace and good balance

Although it was a short job, I had fun and proactive shifts and was able to make new contacts with my colleagues. We were paid above minimum wage and had good training.

Stimulerende Arbejdsplads

Jeg var altid omgiver af ligesindede der heletiden ønskede at udvide deres vides. Der var også god støtte fra ledelsen.

A good place to work

During my student years I worked at the SU shop. It was a nice place with a great work atmosphere. I had to actively deliver great customer service and carry out all necessary shop based activities.

Fun student job

This was a student job. Paid fairly and work was enjoyable if disorganised. You just have to throw yourself into it and be as helpful as you can. The problems were not difficult to overcome and you had limited responsibility.

Fun workplace

Good salary Good environment to work in as a student Good communication between students workers and employers Easy to manage shifts Free lunches for applicant days

A Reasonable Place To Work

A reasonable place to work if looking for work/life balance and reasonable pay. Management can be poor in some areas and there is little chance of promotion opportunities.

Excellent place

I have been a student here and have worked part-time for several positions. UEA is wonderful! I always wanted to have a chance to come back here. Hope to see you soon.

Strange Place. All sorts at the UEA which is good and fun.

The people vary from shift to shift. Recent management change due to poor quality so department should improve. The pay, pension and working standards are good. 12 hour shifts are not good for you though in the long term.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Shifts

Great place

Worked as support tutor while studying - really great. Brilliant opportunity since I was able to use this experience in applying for my PGCE. Learned a lot!

Chilled, fun, and relaxed workplace

Working with students, for students. There are plenty of campaigns and plenty of opportunities for change. This was a great place to work and payed very fairly.

Very flexible suitable for busy students

Very good to work for if you're a student, takes timetable into consideration, good wage, very flexible. Unfortunately quite competitive because of good location and salary.

Home of The Wonderful

UEA is an amazing place to study. You are made to feel completely at home. The amazing staff in the drama department were extremely supportive and helped me achieve my goal of getting a first.

Under pressure

Management are good and caring about their staff. Not much scope for career progression, but job security is good. Decent team-culture. Recent events putting pressure on staff, but they are doing their best.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Mis-communication between departments, poor image

Enjoyable and Enriching

As volunteers we were given a lot of responsibility but also really well supported. We were able to attend the symposium which really helped my academic growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement