UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE

UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE Employee Reviews in Cheltenham

Cosy and and friendly work environment. They ensure you're well trained and confident in your role and never rush you into anything you haven't done before, especially when it comes to public speaking.
Being a residential assistant gives you a place to live and a chance to enjoy halls again. It isn't paid but you do get a deduction off rent. Boss was nice to me.
This is a stock review. I don't know how to skip this aspect of the review process, which I didn't want to complete in the first place. I don't know what to say otherwise.
I worked with the University on multiple occasions, taking photographs of the Media Festival week for the University to use for promotion of events. The atmosphere was always relaxed and I was able to access support whenever necessary
Recent poor decisions on capital spend that were not needed has left the University with a financial headache that has led to extensive cuts of highly experience and able staff whilst the poor managers remain. As a result there is a highly toxic environment. Staff feel insecure and have no confidence in the management, something reflected in a recent Union vote. There is little job security.
Pros
decent annual leave and pay
Cons
poor management, toxic environment, no career progression, poor job security
As a student, I was given the opportunity to represent my school in the university. My responsibilities revolved around meeting with students and lecturers and provided me with key leadership understanding and skills.
During my placement with the All Golds at the Prince of Wales stadium in Cheltenham, I was emailing and contacting a lot of different people and each week it was someone different it was vital that I managed and organised all of their information. It was also important that I had coordinated all the different aspects that went into a successful game as much in advance as I could, for example the caterers needed to know how many players and guests they were cooking for 3 days in advance which meant I had to make sure I had contacted the opposition as soon as I could to get a response.
The University of Gloucestershire was a great place to work. I was only on a temporary contract but during my time there the Future Plan team were welcoming and friendly to work alongside.
Responsibilities in this job revolved around talking to students in your school, which meant you got to know a lot of people and helped with social skills and team-working skills. The role is useful for students who want to make a difference in the university and work with others who are representatives of their respective schools.
Pros
Ability to take part in university meetings
Cons
Students may not always turn up to meetings
University of Gloucestershire is a small university with big ambitions both for its staff and its students. I transitioned from student to a lecturer because I wanted to benefit from the kind of professional support and development that I could see was available to the academics working there.
Pros
Beautiful location, friendly team, supportive management
Cons
Salaries are average for the sector
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE?
Good benefits, but very poorly managed and no culture. Doomed to repeat it's mistakes. Eg. get rid of drama degrees, then bring them back. Some departments get restructured/relocated every few years, even though they only need a phone and internet access... a complete waste of time and resources. Some have moved more than 5 times in the last 10 years Seriously needs to get it together....
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, no culture
A great team spirit and work ethic. A nice place to work with lots of benefits. Always looking to grow existing employees. Parking can be difficult depending on the campus you are based at.
Great place to work, they provide lots of opportunities for staff learning and make it easy to network and make friends across each campus.
Good to help future students understand university life and how comfortable it is to get used to university the experience