UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE

UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE Employee Reviews in Gloucester

Setting up events and giving university tours. I learned valuable interpersonal skills. The management was very good and fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of people.
Great job role and a brilliant team. Thoroughly enjoyed working for UoG being part of the success for apprenticeships. Working hours promote good work/life balance.
Working for the University was the best thing I ever did, you are able to choose which days you work and aren't forced to sign up to anything you don't wish to. Pay is good and free lunch is included.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
There isn't always work available
A typical shift will involve setting up, maintaining and cleaning the sports facilities and fitness suite, whilst ensuring the safety and well being of the people who use the facilities and fitness suite. Since taking this role I've learnt that this is the ideal role for me in the future, combining my love and skills of fitness and customer service. The management are good. My direct superiors treat me very well and are extremely understanding. My co-workers are also great people and we help each other to fulfil the role we're in. Hardest part of the job would be the admin side of things. The Scuba system that is used isn't the easy to navigate round but is okay once you've used it regularly. The most enjoyable would be meeting people and sharing your knowledge of gym/sport equipment and exercises to new members.
Pros
Ideal job whilst studying and for my desired career path
Cons
Hours dependent on budget