University of Huddersfield

University of Huddersfield Employee Reviews

Always something new.

Was only there for a year, temporary placement. However the whole office was probably one of the best experiences I'll never get to be in again, people there make you feel welcomed and included in every meeting and any problems are sorted by managers who are extremely qualified in the Infrastructure/Networks department. Always something new to be doing on Campus and you are given the freedom to do it and the team are always going to back you up with help, apart from the salary, I wish I could of kept working there.

Pros

Supportive Team

Cons

Salary

Good company. Rubbish department

Great company to work for in terms of pay and holidays but management are bullies, HR know about it but they still get away with it. Was made redundant due to covid-19.

Pros

Holidays and pay

Incredible

Loved working with everyone there, they made me feel welcome and comfortable, and helped me grow my confidence as a person. Would recommend to anyone

Nice workplace

I had worked for the University twice and overall i enjoyed my time working there the environment was professional and they did take care of their employees. however on both occasions they did not give me a notice period and they had just left me high and dry with saying they will not require my services anymore.

Highly recommend!

Working in the University of Huddersfield Library was one of the high points of my university experience. The perfect workplace for a student, so convenient and adds another level to your university social life.

Its just pretty weird

Advertise lots of "opportunities" for training but you never get any time to do any. Management changed several times and the job role changed every few months. They expected 1/3 of the team to do the same amount of work after lots of people left. Some things were fun, and the students were OK.

Pros

Varied work - from data input to helping out at Open Days.

Cons

Lots of office politics and casual bullying

Excellent opportunities

Excellence opportunities, discipled university with a very diverse student body and possibilities are countless for the people who want to learn and become better

Fun

A great atmosphere, especially if you like the challenge of being around and working with lots of different people. Something new to learn every day. Never boring or regimental.

Student

Do not work here I was a student. Everyone is friendly and it's a fun and relaxed environment. Would recommend to anyone to come and study here you wont regret it.

good learning and development environment

excellent academic and support staff, very good academic and research resources. The opportunities to learn and progress are excellent as is the tutor support and the online resources provided.

Pros

close to home

Cons

Great place and fun place to work and learn

Great place to work for as they took my feedback on board and i was able to do my studies along side this role. I enjoyed working with people from different study areas.

productive and flexible workplace

A fun place to work that allowed for you to fit your study time around your hours. A good way of earning whilst studying. A variety of roles available, from leading tours and talking to potential students on open days to talking to visiting schools about the every day lives of university students to give them a flavour of university.

Unusual and fun job role

I was the only one working in this particular role at the university, and much of my work was at other institutions/organisation, therefore I cannot comment on others' experiences with the university

Happy staff and great facilities

Staff are happy, upbeat and motivated - a positive environment. Open to new ideas and have high ambitions for their students, and supportive of their careers after graduation.

Professional and friendly

Had a great experience while there. I learned a lot and built up my network. They give you real business jobs and you learn a lot through them. Definitely recommend.

Widespread bullying, resistant to change and "yes" culture.

As a lecturer in the classroom you are expected to teach students to think critically and encourage learners to form their own opinions. As a staff member your critical thinking will get you in big trouble as any form of thinking is not welcome. Massive staff turnover, you only have to look at vacancies - they never end. Worst workplace I have ever worked in...

great job for students

Very good pay for students and the staff are very understanding that we are all students so take into consideration our uni work meaning there is a cap on the amount of hours you can do as a student ambassador, your learning is put first.

Pros

good pay

Cons

irregular jobs

Fab

Cannot criticise - fantastic place, aways feel welcomed and appreciated. Excellent research opportunities and allows for further career progression, alongside working with some fantastic leading academics

Enjoyable and it helped my development

My time at the University was a pleasant one i really enjoyed working there as i could feel my own self development day by day and i really appreciated the staff going the extra mile to help guide my improvement.

Pros

Excellent experience gained and i was well mentored throughout my time there

Cons

The hours were a lot longer than what i was previously used to however i did get accustomed to it

good university

I enjoy studying at Huddersfield and have been well supported in my journey here I have also achieved high grades and should graduate with the very least a 2:1

Pros

open door policy

Cons

too business like

The university is very accommodating especially if you are a student there and need extra support whilst also working. Its a place filled with diverse people from all of the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Huddersfield. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4