University of Liverpool

University of Liverpool Employee Reviews

United Kingdom192 reviews

universitylvrolestudentcolleaguestafffriendlyskill

Ambassador

Great balance for a student Great pay sometimes boring but good work for student trying to make some money. Campus tours and showing ppl around campus so not difficult

Job for life

Great place to work if you ignore the politics that people try to involve you in. Good training opportunities, and good progression.Management in my department are decent people who will try their best to accommodate and changes to the role you may need.

Pros

Lovely staff and great buildings.

Cons

Some chauvinistic behaviour.

Insights into University of Liverpool

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Flexible side-job

Very flexible job to have as a student to earn a bit of extra cash. Usually the professor will recommend students, so there are no open application forms or whatsoever.

Workplace culture

It can be fun and productive There is a bit of politics though But overall overall its a great place to work Lots of courses to do there too. The students are great to cook for

Pros

Shoes and free uniform

Cons

Some latr nights but very rarely

Good place to work, pay well and staff are hard working

Title says it all. Good place to work, pay is above average, shifts were planned well and consideration given to work life balance especially with many students employed

Can be great, can be stressful. Overall it’s a good university.

Your experience will depend entirely on the nature of your job, your line management and how much work you have to do. My role is very fast paced, very full on, it’s go go go. But not everyone will have that experience.

Pros

Nice campus, great students

Cons

Long long hours (for me anyhow)

Stressful workplace

Management expect you to work like robots, they dont care if youve had your breaks or not, they just care about deadlines and product turnover without looking at whose creating this.

It's what you make it within reason...

It depends on which department you work in for the university. In my experience, management were inept and nepotism was rife with unsuitable, unqualified individuals being given a push or promoted simply because they're flavour of the month. Lower paid staff bear the brunt of cutbacks while the VC sanctions bonuses and payrises for herself all while claiming to care about staff and students. If you're an academic or senior manager I've no doubt the university is a great place to work. If you're a manual or lower paid worker, "unskilled" as they will say, look elsewhere.

Pros

Pension, colleagues.

Cons

Inept managers, unfair treatment, poor pay at lower end of scale.

Fake and phoney

Do not enjoy working or being a student there, the bureaucracy is out of this world. They try to spread fake positivity which is annoying. And the cultural Marxism also.

Okay as a student advocate

The flexibility of the job is the main pro if I'm honest, but it can be very hard to get anough hours to have any meaningful amount of extra money. Will probably need another job alongside it if you really need extra money,

Pros

Very Flexible, Lots of support

Cons

Not enough hours especially when starting out

Inclusive and Brilliant place of employment.

Its been 6 years since I worked at University of Liverpool, and its still my most favourite place of employment. My colleagues and I worked fantastic as a team and i always had support if required whilst working on my own.I hope future employees enjoy their time there as much as I did.

Pros

Colleagues

Environnement de travail agréable

J'ai été bien accueillis lors de mon stage par les équipes du laboratoire.

Perfect balance between amount of work and remuneration

I have been a student first and I am now a worker at the University of Liverpool. I have nothing but good things to say about it. My working experience so far has been pleasant, I am working as a part time technician and I feel like the amount of work that I do is paid properly in terms of salary. Great environment, perfect for everyone who wants to feel an academic vibe around their place of work.

Pros

Great benefits

Interesting mission, wide domain

I really enjoyed working at the University of Liverpool. The missions we accomplished were a real source of apprendiceship for me. I spent six months working on Wave simulation by piston method on Ansys Fluent using the VOF detection method.

Productive and fun workplace

I really enjoy working at the University of Liverpool. it is a very collaborative environment. Staff are always offered help and advice and ways to better their skills. The staff are very friendly and I enjoy going into work. The senior management are very supportive and nice too.

productive and fun workplace

friendly staff and respectful working environment that allows you to develop within the organisation. Many opportunities to contact with other people and make great connections

Good to see the school expanding mainly in staff numbers.

- Taught undergraduate and postgraduate modules - research conducted to the extent of time allowed. -Good number of International quality papers are published. - Delivered managerial role as Director of Studies, and various admin roles,

Productive and good place

Best work place for now in my career. Flexibility, freedom and accesability for you work desk, lab is good for your scientific work, sports facilities nearby, often public events, other scientists visits - perfect!

Research Assistant

Great salary, good flexibility, a very good team, helpful management. I have worked there on the project with the Politics Department Team. Big support and I could work from home.

Rewarding and challenging workplace

Great to work here with lovely staff throughout the departments. Work can be fast paced and challenging but that makes it all the more rewarding. Mostly modern and up to date facilities throughout the whole campus with only a handful of building awaiting rennovations. Very helpful teams - there is literally a team for everything so you can always look to someone who is more than lkely happy to help :)

Productive and fun workplace

The University of Liverpool is a very productive and fun workplace. It creates many working opportunities for students and allows them to grow and develop both personally and professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Liverpool. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement