University of London

University of London Employee Reviews

Very nice work culture, everyone is lovely throughout the university.Can be very stressful at times but this is because of the impact of corona on the student body
Pros
good pay, social environment
Cons
stressful
At the centre of London there is s unique learning experience. There are many free lectures and scholarly event to attend. Great to develop a professional social network.
Pros
Central London
Cons
Admin of marking online
Bad politics in the FM department. Very clicky culture with certain teams and extremely poor management. Hated it! The construction team are highly unprofessional, Inexperienced and very unhelpful.
Cons
The construction team are very under experience and unprofessional
Meeting with various teams to determine scope of problem or required enhancement. Building and demonstrating the required solution. Learned the importance of liaising with experts across many different disciplines.
Pros
A diverse and friendly work environment
Cons
Some long days
Bad fit for me. Students are always right as they are the bread and butter. Staff unhappy and not treated well. Overly hierarchical attitude compared with other universities where I've worked. Old fashioned technology.
Day to day running and managing classrooms Diverse Dynamic Teaching higher education problem solving clinical based learning personal tutor laboratory research
I had a really great time working at the University of London. The office I was in was with a lovely bunch of people, and I enjoyed going in to work each day. There was lots of opportunity for personal development as well.
Working for City as a Marketing Ambassador had many advantages. The first thing was the 0-hr contract. Therefore, I could decide when I want to work. The work itself was well paid and very interesting.
Working as a student ambassador at City is a good way to build communications skills, improve team working ability and understand some basic principles of public relations. The organizers of events from the marketing department are professional and provide all of the necessary training to ensure you are well prepared to do the required job, and there is are regular opportunities for retraining to maintain high standards.
Pros
free lunches, freedom to choose which jobs you work
Cons
events come occasionaly only
Good perks and discounts. Excellent pay and pension contributions. Career progression may be limited but staff development opportunities are there to taken
I had a temp role, and the money paid well. However the shifts weren't as regular as first suggested and the work culture was not very welcoming. However I would still recommend it to people who are looking for temporary roles as long as they apply early.
It's nice environment as RHUL is ranked as the most beautiful campus in the UK. Transportation is convenient, around 45 min from London Waterloo to Egham. Colleagues are friendly and supportive. However, the management here is a bit chaotic and high staff turnover is common.
Nice culture, seem like they really care about individuals happiness. -Good management, - Friendly Environment - Good IT Systems in place - Relaxed wokplace
Excellent work opportunity, great people. I worked only a few shifts as I was doing my MSc and it was worth getting involved. I would recommend this position to everyone interested in something like this.
Introduction of new technology and a new culture of work has improved the work/life balance immensely. Part of a team providing administrative support to senior teams involved in the day-to-day running of a federal university. A great deal of flexibility is now on offer and staff can work with a greater degree of freedom as long as targets and deadlines are met. We are now assessed on productivity and not on time spent in the office/at a desk. Hot desking can be quite difficult to get used to and the open plan nature of the work environment, but this opens up more possibility for working from home and from other locations.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Hot desking, but alternative spaces and home working possible
Whilst I was there, there wasn't really a good job structure. You could get away with doing anything. It made me feel really bored a lot of the times which I did not like
Pros
Free fruit
un'agenzia con cui tutti dovrebbero lavorare almeno una voltĂ ,massima professionalitĂ  e disponibilitĂ  sempre
The location of this university is excellent. Old style building gives the place character. Great staff to work with and you can progress to new opportunities or career.
here i have learnt a lot. i have learnt how to be an individual and also work in a team with people i have never socialised with before, this took a lot of confidence
Pros
lunch break
Cons
Having been ‘headhunted’ by the centre, I was only employed with them for a short time before a new Director was appointed who restructured the team However within my time I was able to use and improve the experience I had already leant within the Education sector. Whilst some events were away from home and evening based, there was a general good work/life balance
Pros
Gaining further knowledge and experience
Cons
A short term role
The work hours are flexible and many people work from home one day a week. Strong safety at work culture is very good. People are friendly but management can be autocratic.
Pros
Good final salary pension
Cons
management can be over bearing