University of Portsmouth Students' Union

University of Portsmouth Students' Union Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

3.0Pay & benefits

Great Place to Work

I was only a volunteer for the campaign team, I was there for a year and all the staff were lovely. My tasks were fun and I really enjoyed the year and i would definitely do it again.

Good for the right person, but that wasn’t me.

Although staff turnover is high, largely due to the nature of the people that work there (graduates largely) it can be a great place to work with amazing benefits. Personally, the KPI’s that were set were largely meaningless, but valuable to UPSU. Found it difficult to see that any work done within UPSU made and difference to students or the wider community which did not give me any job satisfaction being a mental health employer is a positive, but it did not help with my mental health due to a lack of structure

it was a voluntary work

it gave me a sense of responsibility and taught me how to be able to manage people affairs and be able to do well at the university at the same time. overall it was a wonderful challenge that shaped different sides of my personality.

An amazing part time job

Did this job along finishing my final year at the University of Portsmouth. I have learnt so much by working on different research projects, would recommend this opportunity to any student.

Pros

An opportunity to develop research skills

Cons

Productive and fun workplace

Great team of people and rewarding role. Training provided. Fantastic opportunity for representing and supporting students and helping change the university for the better.

Fun and Engaging Workplace

The Students' Union is a fantastic place to work. The support that they provide for their staff is second to none and the training and morale in the workplace is fantastic. My time at the Union allowed me many opportunities to develop and a typical day was never a typical day. All the staff are keen and engaging and love their jobs, which makes it such a fantastic place to work.

Pros

Training and Development

Cons

Lower Salary Rates

Good place to develop

Good work environment in which to learn new skills and meet a range of different people on a daily basis. Rewarding helping students daily.

Pros

NUS Extra card

Jobs at University of Portsmouth Students' Union