University of Portsmouth Students' Union
View all University of Portsmouth Students' Union reviews

University of Portsmouth Students' Union

University of Portsmouth Students' Union Employee Review

Varied but stressful

Lots of hard work with minimal outcome due to lack of student interest and engagement. Cliquey “family” culture. However the projects can be interesting and varied - I would recommend this as a first career to get the skills and experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

Good for the right person, but that wasn’t me.

Although staff turnover is high, largely due to the nature of the people that work there (graduates largely) it can be a great place to work with amazing benefits. Personally, the KPI’s that were set were largely meaningless, but valuable to UPSU. Found it difficult to see that any work done within UPSU made and difference to students or the wider community which did not give me any job satisfaction being a mental health employer is a positive, but it did not help with my mental health due to a lack of structure

Great Place to Work

I was only a volunteer for the campaign team, I was there for a year and all the staff were lovely. My tasks were fun and I really enjoyed the year and i would definitely do it again.

it was a voluntary work

it gave me a sense of responsibility and taught me how to be able to manage people affairs and be able to do well at the university at the same time. overall it was a wonderful challenge that shaped different sides of my personality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Portsmouth Students' Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

University of Portsmouth Students' Union reviews by location

Learn about University of Portsmouth Students' Union in popular locations

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?