University of West London

University of West London Employee Reviews

This job requires me to do various activities such as way finding for new guests or even manage emails for prospective students. The learning experiences are endless. If you're stressed, they will give you a break. Best part is that you choose you're shifts, just don't be too picky because they choose you as well. You state your interest in a job (which is far and few) and they may choose you or not dependent upon your reliability and experience. So you could pay for rent or not! Don't depend upon this job for solid finance, choose it as an experience with extra pocket money.
Pros
Learning Experiences are endless!
Cons
Not a financially stable job
Very biased and racist organisation. If you are an ethnic minority person you have no chance to work there. They always favour, if you coming from white background.
Pros
Cons
White dominated culture
Fast paced and long hours that reflect the pay you get. Be prepared to work weekends if required and long hours to get the job done. Compensated by getting the hours back to use as extra holidays.
I choose to leave this employee as the Office Manager/Executive Assistant was a very aggressive and fouled mouth unprofessional person. A very negative experience at this University
Management have top down approach, have a range of incredible staff multi skilled but little room for progression in IT dept but other dept have better opportunities and better management.
Pros
Good range of technology
Cons
Little training- no progression
Helpful for my academic development. It enhanced my teaching skills and confidence in supporting students 121. The staff and team members have been supportive.
Staff are valued and given autonomy to write and deliver lectures in line with national standards. - good standard of training and further development courses offered.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
not enough hours
i worked as a student ambassador and it was fun. i enjoyed working with potential student that wanted to apply for construction and engineering jobs.
Chaotic and stressful environment with a substantial lack of any culture. Does not help you to grow academically and to develop new knowledge and to research
I really enjoyed my 3 month assignment, but the finance function is very traditional in style & culture. Lovely people though and very welcoming to interims. Would definitely go back
Along with having a very positive, collaborative and friendly environment, University of West London offers a lot of opportunities for further progression and support for its employees. Therefore, joining the team here would be a great fit for your career goals.
Very flexible work shifts and working environment, you can bid on the work you want and the shifts are in themselves quite short at a time which I found very handy. I learned a few things relating to data entry and working with young people in challenging environments.
I found the experience fun and very productive. I was given the opportunity to meet new people and I was able to adapt my skills as a young chef. It also aided me to work on my communication, time management and working as part of a team in order to get everything done within a certain time while still having fun with new people.
Great opportunity to learn new things. Great lecturers. Great social opportunities. Great library. Great help if needed. Brilliant University, Great location and facilities.
Great work culture at the work place. Great benefits along the way. The most enjoyable part of the job was work as part of a team to get deadlines completed as well as knowing you have people's help.
Uni was great, but they definitely missed aspects of the course, which left me feeling rather frustrated. I have had to work extra hard to ensure I am up to the benchmark of my piers who studied similar courses.
This was a part-time job whilst studying at university. I really enjoyed this job as the manager was exceptionally good at her role. She portrayed herself very fairly and this allowed for staff to feel secure but also respectful of the authority. The work environment itself was very fast paced but given the customers were students the pressure was somewhat lifted. Along with the enthusiastic staff and the eccentric decor of the bar, this was certainly a very positive environment to work in.
Pros
good discount on products
This was a great experience learning how to cook in a team of people with a mutual interest in food. I was accepted by the team and had fun, also learnt some nice recipes.
Pros
Taking food home
I learnt a lot working as a Graduate Intern for the Marketing department at the University of West London. I provided general administrative assistance such as updating the website, assisting with enquiries and managing projects, but tasks varied daily. My mangers were all very helpful and accommodating.
The university was really good, the teachers and classes were really of a high standard. I learnt so much, and gained so many skills which I hope I can improve. I did find university hard work, but I got through it with help from my tutor and friends.
Pros
Amazing teachers
Cons
first point of contact with interns and managements to deal with various quiries over the phone and face to face, organising interviews for candidates and conference for colleaques and managements.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short term only