Uppercut Hair Group

Working at Uppercut Hair Group: Latest Uppercut Hair Group Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Hair Stylist

As a Hair Stylist at Uppercut Hair Group, changing salons to work here has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. The salon gets very busy which I love and it is great to see our clients walk out feeling brand new with a massive smile on their faces.The pay is incredibly generous with a great commission scheme if you achieve higher reasonable targets – brilliant incentive to push yourself and I have always been paid on time (not like previous places I have worked).

Pros

Great commission, Friendly team members, Excellent pay

I have worked at Uppercut for over 5 years now and it has definitely been one of the most rewarding roles I have had.I have been given the opportunity to sharpen my hairdressing skills from being sent on courses as well as learning new colouring techniques.The team are very close and work well together with the management ensuring that we are all well supported with whatever we need.

Pros

Great pay & tips

Insights into Uppercut Hair Group

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction

I was a Manager at Uppercut for many years and loved every minute of it until I left owing to going on maternity leave.During my time with the company, I took a lot of effort and pride in leading my team and I was earning exceptional bonuses which allowed me to buy my first, high end, German car. If a Stylist or Manager was not making effort or good at their job, then the bonus was a reflection of their success. I remember being told that the more you put in, the more you get out and that was certainly true in my case.

Poor Leadership

The staff in every branch are always great. But I cannot explain how much pressure is put on managers by the owner. Phonecalls outside of work hours, last minute notifications. Changes without awareness. Also the managers 'bonus' is an absolute joke.

Pros

Team, atmosphere

Cons

Not being told about changes to your branch until last minute

Treated unfairly

At the beginning had lots of opportunities and all the salons got together once a year, but this year has gone down hill. So many stylists have left and doing extra jobs without much extra pay for it. Very stressful being low in staff when your with a client and having to keep answering the phone. Not allowed to take holidays while understaffed. Don’t feel appreciated. Underpaid for the extra jobs you have to do. And they changed colour brands which is much cheaper and basically you get what you pay for

Uppercut has a nice and friendly atmosphere

The staff at uppercut really made me feel comfortable on my first day, they were polite and kind to me, they never pushed me to my limits. The staff were really welcoming. They do amazing work for their clients. Everyone was really approachable and it was easy to talk to them

Good place to work,

The shop was a great introduction into the hair industry, cleaning the salon making sure clients were happy washing hair including colour and neutralising perms

Pros

Fun work, creative work

Great experience

Staff were great and very welcoming alongside a great work environment. The staff kept me busy at all times showing me the true aspects of a good working environment.

productive and fun

usually quite faced paced, training was really good, excellent mentoring and teaching, proper team skills. always a different set of obstacles each day but that makes the actual learbing allot more interesting.

Great to work for.

Great place to a work for everyone was kind and friendly and always had your back. There was help if you were struggling and it was over all a great experience.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Uppercut Hair Group?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uppercut Hair Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement