Urban

Urban Employee Reviews

Flexible

Working mobile with Urban massage it´s a good way to earn some extra money. I don´t think is a job that someone should pick as a main profession. Travelling with the table around and not having regular clients it´s tiring and it doesn´t make me feel fulfilled or, at least, bringing the best from my practise.

Pros

flexible

Cons

long hours, a lot of travelling, uncomfortable situations with clients.

Unfair working place

Useless and no justice in that company. They would allow any unfair reviews and attitudes, which can not be acceptable! A person's dignity is taken away from them.

Good workplace

Since I've started UM gives me the flexibility I need in order to be able to carry on with my everyday duties and other jobs. There is only one commitment, always have 5 stars rate (5 being the highest) . Clients feedback has helped me to keep developing my skills and just get better! It's very rewarding when you finish a treatment and you can see how you've helped someone to feel better. I enjoy being part of UM team.

Pros

no minimum hours delivered

Cons

late shifts

Great Company

I love working with a forward thinking company. Urban moves with the times, clients enjoy having treatments in their own relaxed environment. I have had a great time, my only grief is I didn't know of them earlier.

Avoid CS

Customer service department is a mess. Supervisors/team leader are not qualified to do their job properly. They incorrectly pay you and then a month down the line they cut it out of your pay. Team leader are two faced and will try their best to get rid of you if they don’t like you. Training is not enough you have to figure out everything yourself. You can never see your payslips Other departments are wonderful. CEO is humble and friendly.

To avoid

The place is poorly managed. People quit ALL the time. The company doesn't respect the contract terms or what they offer you during the interview. The keep promising they know things arent' working out and they're working to fix it but really they don't care about employees and just hire new people when employees quit.

No coment

Beginning was good but the attitude of the main office is not what a good company like this need to have.I was booked for 3 massages at the same time that shows that they can't control the bookings.I refused to go to all of them and I was kicked out from the company for bad attitude,without any explanations. If u think that's fare pls let me know.

Productive and Fun

It has a very fun and supportive team and the company tries the best to ensure we are happy and safe while we work. Their customer service team support is second to none really, they are the best! The managers are very open-minded, supportive and approachable. The hardest part of my job is having to travel up and down the city during rush hour and when I have many bookings on the day, it's hard to arrive to all of them on time. And sometimes you come across rude and fussy clients. The best part of the job is the rewarding salary that makes all the effort worthwhile and support and care from the management team.

Productive and laidback place to work!

Great place to work if your in head office- informal/laid back environment (can literally wear jeans and trainers/sandals), they run weekly yoga and salsa classes too. The workload isnt alot if you prioritise, and your expected to be proactive anyway- your not always necessarily told what to do, your just expected to get on with it-great if you love working independently, not so great if your used to taking constant direction. The room for role progression/promotion is huge-again if you put the work in, it really doesnt take long. Very friendly team, and most seem to get along.

Pros

Free breakfasts, free yoga and salsa classes, staff meet ups/drinks, decent salary, good progression opportunites.

Cons

seems to be divide between the supply team and onboarding team (?), lack of interaction between departments

100% flexible

This job is great when you want to plan around other aspects of your life. You can genuinely pick and choose when you want to work. Usually the customers are good, occasionally they are odd but only on occasion.

good

was good to work for not always work but good company to work for you can work when you want! do not have to work long days clients rate you out of 5 star

Cons

not guareteed clients

Productive and fun

Productive and fun, but could not choose the gender of clients. As a mobile therapist, going to client's houses was exciting to meet new clients from different backgrounds and meeting their therapeutic needs was such an experience. The job gave me an opportunity to learn new skills and develop the ability to work independent, by being my own boss.

Pros

No insentives

Cons

long hours sometimes

Great Workplace

They are great to deal with. I always had a great amount of clients on a weekly basis and it all depends on how much you want to work. So it's a worry free regarding finding clients.

Bonne ambiance

C'est une jeune entreprise, donc, il y a encore pas mal de choses à mettre en place. Les horaires pour les postes de chargés clientèles sont en décalés. Mais l'ambiance est bonne.

Pros

Bon emplacement

Cons

Changements de procédures

Empresa dinâmica e agradável para trabalhar

Excelente, empresa moderna em serviço do cliente e preocupada com as condições dos colaboradores

good oportunity to be your own boss

Urban let you manage everything: Area covered and schedule. The app is very complete and useful some nice events organised by urban massage team good customer support

Pros

good money

Cons

lots of therapist but lots of demands

Massage therapist

I v been working for urban Massage for few month now and I lobe it! Anytime u have problme ,call centre are very helpful and understanding. U can choose how manny hours u want to work and bookings are guaranteed.

Very productive company

This company go out of their way to make sure that you are comfortable with your clients and diary schedule. They send you regular newsletters regarding transportation which can cause delays when visiting your client and also have a strong support team who are there to talk to you about any issues you may have.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Need more client availability lon

Flexible, fun and rewarding.

I love working for Urban Massage because it gives me the flexibility to choose my own schedule while I do what I love. It has a very fun and supportive team and the company tries the best to ensure we are happy and safe while we work. Their customer service team support is second to none really, they are the best! The managers are very open minded, supportive and approachable. The hardest part of my job is having to travel up and down the city during rush hour and when I have many bookings on the day, it's hard to arrive to all of them on time. And sometimes you come across rude and fussy clients. The best part of the job is the rewarding salary that makes all the effort worthwhile and support and care from the management team.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Rude and fussy people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement