Urban Outfitters Inc.

United Kingdom204 reviews

Found 204 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,057 reviews
urbandiscountclotheretailshopstorecolleaguetill

High expectations for Little pay

Pay is usually £8 but on Oxford street/ Circus is £9. For what they expect is nothing, constant overtime working sometimes multiple hours after the shift is done. Can't sit for 5 hours straight, very fast paced, busy, crowded & stressful. Colleagues are really nice but management are young and have attitude. Not professional

Pros

40% discount, nice colleagues, diverse, young & fun

Cons

Long hours, little pay, busy and messy all the time, very high expectations

In general not to bad place to work but...

The Company is growing and do not care about the employees so much any more. Besides favouritism is in the house and that is soo shi*! Little chance to grow if you don't have someone in the higher position. Sad.

Insights into Urban Outfitters Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun workplace and lovely people

I enjoyed my time at urbanoutfitters. As someone who worked in retail in the past, I can readily say I preferred working at urbanoutfitters. The managers were kind and attentive.

Pros

Although it is fast-paced it is not stressfull

Cons

Busy due to the location

Busy

Can be stressful at times and the shift would often be really long, but overall the pay was good considering you get free accommodation at food, however the accommodation is very basic. But the location is beautiful and the weather was really good when there so I would often go to the beach in my spare time.

Toxic

`Genuinely such a toxic place. Management are catty and make snarks about most of the colleagues, they are probably the biggest con of working in this store. Staff discount is good but the job stress is far too heavy, it will leave you drained- store layout changes every day and you are never informed/properly trained so it means a lot of useless touring trying to teach yourself. Also does not feel inclusive at all.

Pros

Discount

Toxic

Just a toxic workplace, minimum wage in central london, high expectations with no reward. Rude and inexperienced management, clique like mentality. Avoid

Fast paced, creative and lots of freedom.

Urban can be a great company to work for depending on how much you put in to get out. Put your head down, buy into your line manager and you can progress fast and easy. London has the fastest route up management with so many stores. You can go from a team leader to store manager within 3 years, you won’t be ready for it but you’ll get pushed for it because they love internal progression.

Pros

Discount, Sick pay

Cons

9 hour shifts, last minute direction from HO

Bad work environment. Covent Garden store.

As a company they don’t always give you the legal 11 hours between shifts you will be on a late and then an early shift which doesn’t allow you to sleep much. Overall it’s a bad work environment with a high staff turnover if your looking for a part time job it’s fine.

Good environment, stressed managers

Good music, good discounts, and lovely colleagues. Quite easy to get a job, providing you seem like the kind of person who would shop at UO. Junior management is approachable, but availability you give in interviews isn’t always honoured. Scheduling can be hit and miss, you don’t know what you’ll get until you get it - it could be your contracted hours or double. Senior management can be unreasonable, and veteran staff used to advise to avoid them.

Pros

Discount is great, music is great, colleagues are cool.

Fun workplace but disorganised management

Management is very disorganised. Many people have also been unfairly or randomly fired with no reason or warning given. Fun environment and the team is very welcoming however management can sometimes be unfair and inconsiderate

Pros

Discount on store items

Awful

Management was terrible, sometimes you would be left on the tills all day serving customers without a break. Very little empathy from management. Incredibly gossipy judgmental environment and very stressful as its a very busy store. Can wear whatever you like, they were very relaxed about what you wear. The pay was awful, at the time I was working here they paid me below minimum wage. I wasn't entitled to holiday pay either as I was on a 0 hours contact, they convinced this was better upon interview and guaranteed I would work at least 4 days a week. They'd move my days off with little notice and take days away. Awful company to work for.

Pros

Wear whatever you like, good staff discount

Cons

Long hours, stressful work environment, rubbish pay, poor management

Quite enjoy working there - shame they closed the night shift down. Managers and instructors were quite decent. All the stuff was nice and friendly. Overtime was available and payed properly; breaks paid as well.

really rough managment and 0 understand of home/life balance

The management was SHOCKING, there were three days a week I couldn't work and told them before I even started but they continued to put me on shifts on those days and then blame me. The pay was never correct and asking them to correct it would lead to a write-up or them reprimanding you. They said it was a permanent position and then after 3 months claimed it was temporary. Really catty and very much he said she said mentality, not good AT ALL. You got a 45% discount and that was about the only good thing about it. No one lasted longer than 6 months there except for the management and people were constantly getting fired for completely unknown or very minor issues. There was no official training until about 2 and a half months in and even then you had to ASK THEM to train you!Everyone was paid differently depending on when you signed on and how successful the last quarter was. Absolutely diabolically ran and just was absolutely awful.

Unprofessional management and poorly ran

One positive of working here was the friendly co workers I met when I started, and the staff discount, but that’s it. very quick turnover with no job security. The management at the Manchester store are extremely unprofessional, and beyond rude to staff, and even about other members of staff. Very inflexible with working around other priorities such as university etc.Awful.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Rude management

Good for students

Alright company to work for students. A bit unprofessional and some cattiness does occur but overall it’s fine. Pay is really bad especially for how fast pace it can be sometimes

Nice place to work

Good place to work,sometimes problems with management. Friendly atmosphere but you are only a number there.Good salary and benefitsPlenty of overtime in busy periods /black Friday, Christmas and in sale season

Nice working environment

Here are the good things about urban outfitters: The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The manager is very nice as well. The pay is okay but the work hours are very flexible for students. Here are the negative reviews I have on them:I didn’t get training at first, it was more like you got to use your common sense. The management wasn’t amazing since I didn’t get much help on things. A lot of confusion. Sometimes I felt like I didn’t belong there. But the main problem was not telling me enough information.

Fun workplace

Really fun work place and easy going. Staff is great and hours are good, can get stressful at times but there’s a lot of good teamwork and fun energy.

Pros

Discount & Vibe

Cons

Low pay

unvalued as an employee and as a person

Management was appalling did not respect their staff members, worked very hard for minimum wage. As a team we all felt very undervalued when we were working well and didnt complain. Because of the toxic environment made me feel very anxious when coming into work everyday.

Pros

discount

Cons

stressful and toxic work environment

Decent

Not usually boring as you’re kept busy there’s always something to do however they often keep you past when you’re meant to leave which can be annoying when you get public transport

Pros

Only 5 hour shifts and big discounts

Cons

Bad management

Fast paced and fun

Working at urban outfitters is the same as working at any other high street retail store. It is fast paced and therefore your days tend to go quite quick. However a lot of theft and staff have to be alert.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement