Utilita

Utilita Employee Reviews

United Kingdom193 reviews

canteencentreprogressionmetertargetcheapenergybully

Stressful on the phone

Very stressful and monotonous but its okay for a short amount of time. Its dealing with unhappy customers. It is quite alot to learn at first but after that it's monotonous

Toxic and hostile culture

Toxic and hostile culture that is bullish in nature. Company values are optional. Psychologically unsafe environment created by senior management. People/Staff are bottom of the Company's priorities.

Insights into Utilita

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

horrible place to work

the management team don’t care about you you are only a number & they change your job role all the time with no additional wages, worst place to work

Fun and young company

If you are looking for predictably then this will not be for you. Seat of the pants is the modus operandi so it is exciting but can be exasperating. Definitly not a boring place to work.

Pros

Exciting, willing to give staff a chance to try new things

Cons

Not great processes and procedures

Great

Fab company to work for Staff are fabTraining is goodLots of support from higher upsHours are goodWell prepared for staff and customers too Happy job role

So many things wrong...

I was a remote customer service advisor and I was so excited at first. Then I started and realised there was a catch to all the benefits, everything they told us about the job was wrong and the pay was less than advertised. We were then given 3 weeks half ars*d training, listening to the wrong types of calls, taught things we won't actually be doing and then we were left to it on the phones with no clue what we were doing. Also the people who train you have no sympathy towards customers who can't pay their bills and you have to often decline help, leaving people without supply. I do not agree with this during the energy crisis.The team started as 16 and there were just 4 left after I quit, so that speaks for itself. The software is ridiculously outdated and difficult to use, and while it is a good wage on paper the amount of calls makes it not worth it. Also, it is a micromanaging culture. They'll randomly listen to your calls and then criticize everything you did making you feel constantly on edge.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Training is useless

They actually seem to care about staff

I was there as an agency worker. At no point was I treated as a lesser person. They reward staff and help you hit goals. Training is well planned. They listen to ideas.

Pros

Staff room and restaurant are well equipped.

Cons

Timed toilet breaks

Fast paced but great place to work

This is an extremely challenging role not for the feint hearted. You complete an initial 2 week training period then you are into role. You are then required to learn on the job as you go along. Even though it is challenging and target driven it is very rewarding and the management are all fantastic. I really enjoyed my time at Utilita and found it to be a very inclusive and dynamic company that also offers the flexibility of fully remote working.

OK but got the bullet

Were looking to make cuts so it was first in, first out, after just 7 months. Job itself was good just wanted to stay there longer. Also we're understanding with covid etc.

Awful Company to Work for

Upon initially joining, Utilita seem impressive but the moment you scratch the service and see what senior management are about. It’s terrible. Management rule by fear and have zero respect for people. Huge blame culture and lack of support, direction and genuine care. The workload is stressful and you get no recognition for the extra you do. They promote flexibility but in reality it’s different.They seriously need to look at top senior management and how some staff are treated unless you’re in the clique.

Easy job

This job is the easiest I’ve ever had. Taking calls and everything else. Profession has been easy and got the jobs I went for easily and have been happy with it in the several years with them. If you struggle with taking calls or angry people (only reason customers call) then try other work but don’t knock it until you’ve spent some time doing it

Brilliant company to work for.

I've been with Utilita for 5 years. 4 Years I've worked in the Call Center doing Inbound Sales and Customer Service. I then applied for the role of Energy Expert in our Sheffield Energy Hub and was successful . I've learnt so much since joining the company it's always growing and expanding I'd of never of thought I'd of gone into Retail working for Utilita when I first joined back in 2017. All the management across the business are great we have some really good industry experts working for Utilita.

Avoid at all costs

Do not work here. I joined at the same time as 15 others and we all quit within the first 6 months - it’s that bad. No progression, a lot of bitchiness, no recognition, managers don’t know what they’re doing.

good management, tough job

Outbound cold calling (all day spent on the dialler) to sell gas and electric. The basic salary was fine, uncapped bonus but tough to earn anything good. Good, supportive management.

8 years working here and it flew

Fantastic people, hard sales towards end of my time here but made friends for life, made me the sales lady I am nowStarted as bvocal and then turned in to utilita. Very fast paced and full of banter but had and electric market is so hard to be competitive and daily targets where hard to meet

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stressful, unrealistic targets

I’ve worked at Utilita as a customer service sales advisor since July last year I really enjoy my role and find Utilita a great place to work always had plenty support from my managers and other colleagues

Pros

Fun days free lunch plenty of activities

Cons

Working every 4th Saturday

If your face fits environment

Managers talk about everyone behind there back and share other peoples business it’s dirty the cleaner doesn’t know how to clean just sits having a cigarette every opportunity she has no progression allowed of part time overall a rubbish place to work

Good company

Enjoyed my time there. Good processes, management are fair and easy to get along with. Good employee benefits. Room for progression. Job might get harder with energy prices going up

Nice relaxed place to work but can be fast paced at times

Been working for Utilita for some years now, made the mistake of leaving but then returned to the company a month later - That speaks volumes and should tell you all you need to know in my opinion.

Pros

WFH Bonus Care packages in the post Progress support

Cons

None that I can think of

Not a great place

Not a great place to work, very clickey if your face fits.Very target driven.Lots of back stabbing goes on and not a healthy atmosphere.Avoid at all cost

Pros

Non

Cons

Loads

Training didn't match the role

The pay was good at Utilita and I liked working from home, but I didn't feel adequately supported in grad bay and the training we received had very little to do with the job role itself. Five people started in my training group, and within four months only one person from that group still worked there...

Pros

WFH Decent wage

Cons

Didn't know shifts til last minute Inadequate support Training didn't prepare you for the role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utilita. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Utilita with

• Utilita
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?