Utilita
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Utilita Employee Reviews

Pays well

Basic and bonus are good for the type of job it is, fair with all staff, all same wage bonus is on yourself to earn. Some management are fantastic some less so and there can be a lack of communication to the agents from all management.

Pros

Good pay for job type

Cons

Lack of communication at times

Slow paced, no support

You receive minimum support then are expected to self learn your role, high staff turn over and management clueless and ignore you, 0 support for customers and frustrating environment.

Good overall place to work

Quick and easy recruitment process. Friendly environment. Good support from direct managers. Not as supportive from general HR. WFH so not sure of the office environment. Would recommend

Pros

Good environment

Absolutely shocking to work for

Where do I begin. The worst company I've worked for. If you're thinking of joining this company as a smart meter dual fuel engineer then think twice. When first starting training is at Warrington branch. All expenses paid. You will have lots of travelling to do. Your work will be all over the place. Scheduling will send you jobs without asking if you can pick up or while completing a job and if you don't answer your phone the job or jobs will be sent to your handheld computer. The bonus scheme is impossible as you need to complete 25 jobs when a dual counts as only 1 job. The overtime is paid at time and a 1/4 this also applies to on call payments. Although you get a retainer your shift starts at 11 or 12 and finishes at 8pm. Be warned that you will get booked appointments even when you should only get or pick up emergency jobs only. Any call after after 8pm is paid at time and a 1/4 even if your still out till 3am. Getting stock is a complete joke as the auto replenish just doesn't work and you'll be lucky to get any consumables as when ordering nothing was sent out. You only get a 2 meter length of cable, so if you get new installs you need to call manager and he'll get someone to bring to you. You only get 3ft lengths of copper pipes. No passing jobs back at the end of the day even if you had issues during the day. You're expected to carry on until all jobs are completed. No life other than Utilita. Think twice before applying to work for Utilita.

Pros

Vans were not speed limited.

Cons

Long hours and never get time to take a lunch break.

Excellent experience

Great on-boarding experience. Enthusiastic people welcoming new and fresh ideas. Great offices and flexible working from home. Supportive colleagues and management.

Pros

Flexible remote working, supportive colleagues, exciting work

Cons

None to share

Productive and fun workplace

I starting working for Utilita back in March and really enjoy my role. I have a good support network with my manager and everyone who I work close with, I have felt a warm welcome from my first day and even now everyone makes you feel so welcome. I have a good relationship with my colleague who also does admin and my 2 line managers. This is the only job I have ever been happy in and enjoyed coming in to work.

Pros

good work relationship with managers and colleagues

Excellent place to work!

I've worked for Utilita in the FTF department for 4 years and have loved every minute of it! Great management team who care for you as a person and don't just see you as a number. They are very supportive and are always looking to develop people who want to progress. The recruitment process for joining was very smooth and they got back to me the same week and didn't leave me in the lurch. Always a busy office environment with varied tasks so no day is ever the same.

Pros

Great team to work for and benefits

Cons

N/a

Productive and Fun Work Place

This company is a really good because it’s not like the rest, You do your bit and you’ll get rewarded, You’ve got you banter but business mode always on, It’s a good laugh and friendly people working there with awesome mangers to (most) but honestly it’s a place where you do get recognised for smashing it, Recommend Highly

Pros

Free Vending Machine, Go home incentive on the Regular

Cons

You have them days. Just unfortunate days and blank.

Great Working Atmosphere

Working for Utilita is like working for a family. Everyone is helpful and not scared of hard work. Management although very effective, they are also always on hand and are very approachable to every member of the Utilita team from the bottom to the top

Pros

Free tea/coffee, free on-site parking

Cons

Part time

Amazing company to work for

Utilita has gone above and beyond to support me working for them. They have made it possible to work from home exactly how I would in the office giving all of the equipment necessary. Each manager I have had the pleasure of meeting have been very supportive and will go above and beyond to help.

Pros

Hour lunch and two 10 min breaks, fun atmosphere, supportive managers, progression

Mean managers (contact centre)

Entry level staff and team leaders are lovely however the managers don't know what they're doing and only care about numbers. The only important thing to them is number of calls answered and if there's a slight dip, you get fired or put on an improvement plan (with hopes that they can fire you at the end). They pretend to care about welfare but the only people you can count on is your team leader and the person sat beside you. No support if you struggle, just an expectation that you should know it all after 2 weeks training. Would not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Working from home. WAS an on site canteen.

Cons

Not rewarded or recognised. No support from management. No care for staff or customers, only numbers and stats.

Don’t bother

Having worked here for nearly 2 years I leave the company an absolute mess. There is ZERO support for staff and their work related issues, you basically get told to put up and shut up. And now onto the actual job, you are hoping and praying to get a key meter through, because that is basically all you can switch. The company is so far behind in the modern energy market it is losing customers left right and Center. There is no progression onto higher jobs because the managers at Chesterfield have been there that long they are part of the furniture. They are power hungry and have zero compassion or empathy for anyone. Unrealistic targets, always another problem in your way to stop you from actually selling, seriously don’t bother

Pros

Cons

See above

Avoid like the plague

Terrible management. Progression happens if you either suck up or are friends with the person hiring. Wages were poor compared to other companies in the same sector and they lie and cheat their staff.

Pros

Near asda

Cons

Lies, poor wages, bad training, no progression

Great Recruitment Process

Efficient friendly recruitment process, from the first contact via their recruitment team to a job offer within a week. Great at keeping in touch throughout the process, excellent at making me feel at ease in the interview, and efficient around onboarding next steps. Made to feel very welcome from the outset, couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the company.

Pros

Welcoming culture

rubbish company to work for

Had the misfortune of working for this shady org , blagging people to switch , miss winter payments dont to do this job if you have empathy screw you over on commision and give stupid penaltys if you dont get any sales didnt last long

Pros

Cons

lots

Easy going and helpful

I have loved my first week - stress free and enjoyable. I have been given time to settle in and have had some very good handover sessions. Everyone has been supportive and helpful at all times.

Pros

Free coffee machine, laptop and phone and uniform provided.

Cons

N/a

High pressure to perform...

Cold calling to sell electricity, pitch is a bit misleading, takes advantage of the old and vulnerable, relentless and constant pressure from the managers

Pros

Commision good if high performing..

Cons

Lack of scruples from management...xmas bonus...a mince pie..

Poor management.

I worked there for two years. Bonus impossible to reach. Knocking on doors to get work. No support from management. Working 100s of miles away. Expected to work 100s of miles away and in your contract. Could be a good company just let down by management always trying to get one over you.

Cons

Long hours. Lots of driving

Dont

Worked in call centres for years this has got to be up there in the worst 2, they lie to you about commission potential and the data! Possibly the worst scrap that is the worst i have ever dialled they expect you to get sales or out the door when people just put the phone down on you all day, again avoid at all costs

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

Not long a list here to fit them

Outbound Telesales

I joined Utilita from another energy company and BOY was I shocked what I found out. You will be lied to during the interview about the earning potential. They forget to tell you that Utilita right now will not sign up anything apart from old key meters. They are not installing Smart Meters because they do not have any, you cant take on direct debit customers or any customers who are on SMETS2. 90% of your day will be talking to children, people with poor English or existing customers. The data has been recycled and recycled over and over again. It is definitely one to avoid. The compliance teams are also super strict, nothing gets passed them as they will listen to almost every sale and find a reason to take it from you. Fail 2 calls and you get nothing. Nothing at all !

Pros

Relaxed work day, office available if you dont want to work from home

Cons

Money, Data, the mental strain of the day

Manager

CONSvery very very poor managementunqualified people in key positions ( best example would be recruitment )massive lack of communication****************PROSflexibility

Pros

flexibility

Cons

poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utilita. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7