Utility Warehouse

Utility Warehouse Employee Reviews

Overall a Good place to work, Due to Covid 19 i couldn't feel the real UW environment as everybody was stressed. Soon after we started working from home.
Comment – 20 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would be interested to hear how you have found your experience since working at home and how your team have continued to support you, feel free to contact People and Culture to discuss further.
Excellent environment with brilliant people. NHQ in London but has a wider reach across the U.K. and is in different sectors from Energy to Telecoms and Financial (Multi-Utility Company). This provides many different opportunities within the business and for the customers.
I have to be honest, there are some good people there. However there are some who ENJOY making your life a living ell and they don’t do it with reason, they just do it for the fun of it, that’s one of the reasons I decided to leave. Also opportunities are given to “friends” aswell as always stressing people about their time on calls and being told off on that putting it across that they just care about quantity not quality, for example you could be one call off your target and they would tell you they are disappointed in that not understanding that there are some days where calls that are longer than usual because the member is upset. Quarantine has definitely made my decision easier because they loved to send you an email/give you a call every second about what you’re doing wrong. We would take back to back calls whereas the people who are higher up would just lay back and demand instead of guide. It was either leave the job and think later about how you’re going to support yourself or stay and damage your mental health. I had to leave.
Pros
Cultural appreciation
Cons
Long hours, under-appreciated, disrespectful managers/TLs
I have worked part time for UW for 18 months. No targets and you get out of it what you put in! Amazing to be part of a team ethos but work independently! I love it
Good learning to be had. Just do exactly what they say. The tech is outdated. Location was good. The company has got potential, needs to expand its size and look at the market more carefully.
I loved working at UW. Everything is so organised, management are really nice and there’s help anytime u need it. My contract was ended due to COVID 19. I will definitely want to work with this company again.
Made friends gave me confidence , plenty training , perks free holidays, free cars housing plan share, commission up front , working remotely, free led bulbs £ 50 for referring , free Xmas hamper, Cheltenham Derby free ticket plus free horse bets, all your home service in one
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Flexible hours
modern day slavery, they monitor you 24/7 & tell you off whenever you take to type.Management is very poor & you only get promoted if your friends with managements
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, poor structure
Comment – 10 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working for UW. It would be great if you could get in touch with the People and Culture team to ensure your feedback was captured in your exit interview.
Terrible company who employ sly managers, you have little training to start with, expected to lie to the customers. If you even question the management you are pushed out. Basically a 2 bit company whose management are out of their depth and offer no help in their day to day running or to the staff
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Too many to say
Utility Warehouse is a cult-like, multi-level marketing company or "pyramid scheme" business where all the time and money you spend on "building your own business" only goes to the people at the top who are the face of the company, with their success stories being the reasons people join. It's disgusting how the company is run and what it is founded on. Don't fall for it.
Pros
Very poor management 😡😡😡😡, really poor customer service. People are not treated fairly and management has their own favourites to promote, staff are constantly swearing and using foul language when others are on the phone to customers which is very unprofessional. They only know how to use people and then keep extending their probations until the person gets fed up and resigns! This is talking from my experience.
Comment – 10 August 2020
wow.wow.wow. amazing company to be a part of. you are your own boss. loads of support. flexible working around children and even a main job. awesome opportunities and benefits while you build your income.
Pros
free luxury holidays to qualify for - reward for consistent effort
Cons
no activity - no pay
I basically had a nervous breakdown after working 9 months for this company. During my time there, I was constantly being put under pressure as your every move are spied on and they cut you no slack whatsoever. You have to be at your desk at 0859 to be sure to start taking calls at 0900. Your bathroom breaks are monitored and you lose points for taking a breather from all the incoming calls of angry customers on the line. You also get marked off if you spend too much time on the phone explaining things to customers in details. The salary wasn't anywhere near enough for all this mental anguish, and definitely not enough to afford living in the area. In the end, I was just physically and mentally exhausted. It took me a few months to recover after that.
Comment – 13 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you found this role so stressful. I would be interested to learn more about your experience with us, please contact our People and Culture team for a more in depth conversation. The Resourcing team have updated the recruitment process to now ensure that not only are new starters are aware of the expectations of the our customer service advisors, but also that they are assessed according to these expectations.
Forward thinking company Upto date with technology Reactive to change Good communications Realistic work schedule Good working systems Management seem approachable and proactive
I worked there for 3 weeks and it became really apparent how bad how the trainer was, I heard stories of arguments with other staff but I found its her way or the highway, I never saw her admit she was wrong, being humble and its a shame as she is a really bright trainer but being humble, "agree t disagree" is not in her vocabulary. The amenities are amazing, canteen, sports room, showers, its all quality. Some really nice sales staff and managers as well. A higher wage than normal with other energy companies but the system was quite good but putting the payments through is a nightmare, I lost 4/5 sales as would not accept DD details after 30 mins plus getting acceptance on all utilities. Really kills a true blood salesman.
Comment – 8 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to see you found the amenities and benefits package desirable. I am sorry you felt you could have received a better training experience and would appreciate it if you could contact the People and Culture team directly to discuss this further so we can make improvement for future employees.
Your very own business, to work hours that suit you...saving people money on one low monthly bill as well as offering people to join as a partner to reap the huge benefits and incentives UW have to offer The compensation plan is phenomenal
Team on phone is great always there if you need them . But cant get customers at the moment due to coronavirus lockdown. You get friends and family to join up , then door knocking to get more customers .
Good long term employment experience. The Utility Warehouse is a unique home service provider, whose customer base relies on customer referrals rather than advertising and marketing. Operating the Utility Warehouse Discount club, it currently provides over 500,000 homes and small businesses throughout the UK with Home Phone, Mobiles, Broadband, Gas and Electricity.
Comment – 1 April 2020
Thank you for your review and the overview of the company. We would be interested to know who we can get your 3 star rating up to a 5 ? Any other information you can provide on your employee experience at UW would be greatly appreciated.
Thought this would be a great change, promises of benefits / securities / and transparencies. What they don’t tell you is the small print in documents that you sign. Such like, they will collect any monies that they see fit to recover if you where to have an unavoidable incident within the company, ie....charging the excess from the insurance company, which can be in excess of £500, naming drivers to the insurance Company when incidents happen, such like if a 3rd path damaged their vehicle they still put the drivers name forward, which could affect their own insurance quotes. Promise you your own post code area or working just either side of your district, when in reality you could be working up to 2 hour drive from your home I thought it was a good move, however rethinking my decision, just like many other engineers
Pros
Stock Delivery direct to vehicle, goody bag after each delivery
Cons
Non technical managers in a technical role, promises not kept, travel distances, non existing / impossible bonus structure
Some great people working there but theres no real structure and managers are underqualified with no coaching or training experience. They will throw you under the bus for petty reasons just try and get ahead. Weekly reviews were you will have negative comments even if you scored 100%. I left after receiving a late form for being one minute late even though I was at my desk.
it just didn't pay the bills no matter how much time you put into it. i would make great efforts to see all the people i could and spread the word of utility warehouse but even after meeting a people a few times, there was no guarantee of signing them up. i needed a steady income and not something that was charging me per month.
  1. Employee reviews