UTP Merchant Services

UTP Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Gain good experience then move on

Busy fast paced, role. It's a new company ( 2016) and they have yet to put anything together as far as substantial staff training goes. Personally, my development was all trial and error until I started to get it right. I had meetings regarding my progress and was told how my supervisor wanted to me to succeed, but all that seemed to go out the window on the office floor with daily talks where it was clear his patience was rapidly shrinking and he was barely masking it. After a month I was called out on every little mistake I made despite being told numerous times that it would take me at least three months to get a solid grip on things. Culture was by far the worst I encountered. Nearly all the staff were unapproachable and hard to speak to, unless you had something to offer. All the conversations in the office were either about football and rugby. Aside from one or two people, everyone in there pretty much felt the same. You need to have a thick skin for this role as you work with the field agents who aggressively sell terminals and then send the appropriate paperwork for you to process to finalize their deals. The agents are often stressed due to their comission based work and since they are independent contractors there is no-one for them to answer to when they scream down the phone at you. The set backs in processing applications is inevitable due to the lack of training in the administration department and partly due to longtime serving agents who clearly don't check the validity of identification documents they send before rushing to the next job. They seemed -

Pros

Good hours, professional office set up, good experience to add to resume

Cons

No staff development plan, sink or swim environment, unfriendly to new starters

Great Place To Work

Great atmosphere, good coaching, and friendly staff. Feel valued with work nights out and incentives. I came to the company with 0 sales experience and was given the correct training, now hitting high numbers back-to-back monthly and sitting at the top of the floor stats on regular occasions. Can sometimes seem competitive between tele sellers, but this comes with any sales role.

Fun and fast paced workplace

Competitive sales environment where you really get the chance to put your best foot forward and learn on the fly. It's a great workplace with amazing colleagues, great prospects at development and a supportive work environment. If you can weather the occasional rainy day with a smile on your face, you'll do great here.Sales isn't for everyone but if you have the drive you'll have a great time here.

Pros

Supportive management, great office culture, earnest and hard working colleagues

Cons

Not the best coffee

Dreadful

I came for a interview management was rude very belittling and spoke to you like you was worthless it felt more like an interogation than an interview i wouldnt advise anyone working for this terrible company

Pros

Cons

Managment

Awful, just awful.

The company messed with my mental health and well being. With poor pay rises and nepotism, I was never given a proper chance to succeed. I was made fun of my weight by management and by staff and when I took it up with HR, they wasn't available to deal with the situation. Making me upset and vulnerable. The working culture is poor and everyone is in a clique. If you're not friends with management, they bully you out of the place. Heartbreaking. Was constantly shouted and taken into meetings with the supervisor If targets wasn't met. Just shredding my confidence.

Pros

Close to town

Cons

Listed above

Ruthless and demanding

You are put to work cold calling after a week or two of intensive training, and expected to be ruthless and try to forcefully sell to people you have cold called from bought information (which I think is illegal now due to GDPR? So they force you to break the law?) Your performance is rated on results which are not fully down to your effort or performance; your teammates will actively stab you in the back and steal your sales, management treat you like a number... Downright horrible place to work unless you are heartless. My entire training group of 7 people were fired at once after 2 months and given no explanation as to why. Only apply for this job if the only thing you care about is money.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Horrible stressful atmosphere, high pressure and no job security

Fast paced environment which isn't for everyone but I have been working for the company for over a year and I love my job. Great support from my manager and I love the atmosphere on the floor.

Pros

free breakfast on a friday. Incentives, bank holidays off.

Cons

Fast paced

Rewards through excellence

All I can say about working here is that if you put the work in you'll get the rewards out. I see a lot of people complaining about not getting what they thought they would. But the truth is, some people are cut out for the job and some bundle under pressure. I didn't start well at all, but from the support I got I am where I am due to the work we put in. The potential is there for EVERYONE to do well, just depending whether you are committed enough is different. There are plenty of opportunities for people to earn money, even though their isn't many choices to move on upwards, the chances are there to be earnt. Do well, and you will be rewarded. Get yourself involved with everything, that's the best thing to do here.

Unprofessional

I can't fault the training and the trainer at all as I really enjoyed the first two weeks. Unfortunately as soon as we got onto the main floor the honeymoon period was over. I have never worked in such an unprofessional environment, the swearing on the floor was constant and inappropriate conversations which doesn't look good when you are calling companies to book appointments.

Do not ever work for this company

This by far is the worst company I have ever worked for. Team leaders.. they were not managers provide no support and they talk about you behind your back. Music and swearing is so loud you cannot hear the poor people you are cold calling. This was not explained at the interview either. 10 minute interview and then started two weeks later. Morale is on the floor and staff quit daily due due to the dreadful atmosphere and lack of support

Jobs at UTP Merchant Services

See more jobs

Okay

It was an okay job that was well rewarding. But the staff turn over rate was extremely high and I’m sure sometimes they would just hire anyone. Job life was okay but the support that the managers gave was average at best.

Worst company

Sinking ship******* If you want to work for a cold calling school environment and them telling you you can’t use the toilet because they think you are using your phone in the toilet and they also tell you to stand up and take your chair if you don’t get an appointment bully culture

You’ll be a cold caller

Training was so fun and made the job out to be something it isn’t. You’re literally cold calling. I would go into work wanting to break down because the pressure was too much and the team leaders and managers didn’t realise they were being so tough and didn’t care as long as you hit targets. Once I got told not to go to the toilet. If you’re off the phone for 2 minutes they will shout at you. I’m an adult, not a child. It is like being back at school. At the end of the day MY WELL-BEING IS WORTH MORE THAN YOUR TARGETS. So thankful I left when I did.

Awful

Your time in training is really fun and gets you excited for the job. Then you go upstairs into your teams and the leaders walk around clicking their fingers swearing at people to book appointments. Or they are singing at the top of their lungs to the blaring music that's played 24/7... Then they scream at you because they can't hear you over themselves and their music. Women and men are treated completely different.

Sinking ship!

used to be a good place to work, but that has changed for the worse, I will give clear examples of why you should not work there. And why you are better continuing your job search. They stall interviews for 35 minutes when a potential employee comes in. Yet if someone is 2 minutes late, due to traffic they cancel the interview. A long tenured respected employee put in so much work for the company, was there for four years yet they can turn round and all of a sudden make them redundant? But others who have left the company, whether that has been to join the force, or to lap it up in the sun have the red carpet rolled out for them, and gets promoted and revered by the Higher ups. Just shocking behaviour and blatant nepotism. It is beggars belief! Refusing to discuss the possibility of flexible working hours, even if it's only minutes, they turned it down! proving they don't care about your wellbeing and you are just a number, the company will never evolve. Some managers and I put the term loosely 'managers' have just been given the title, due to being friends with the higher ups. yet they don't manage a team or anything. it's just an excuse to overpay them and make them feel entitled. The HR was shocking up until this year. The Hr staff used to show up when they felt like it, and has the audacity to claim that a former member of the team was and I quote 'overpaid' pot kettle black! The higher up of the company, while he is a world class businessman he has a few flaws, he trusts the wrong people to manage the company and he lacks the human touch. He just cares -

Ok as a stepping stone.

Relaxed atmosphere, maybe too relaxed sometimes. Majority of employees good to work and communicate with. Sadly management look after only themselves and those in their preferred circle, so it becomes "who" you know and not "what" you know that may give you a chance of progression. Albeit there's not much chance due to size of company. Not much interest in working conditions of employees and their well being. Structure is poor. Addressing issues takes too long. Some good benefits and free breakfast on fridays.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Poor management. Too much politics.

Very friendly and well managed

One of the best companies that I have worked for. Situated in central Reading. Extremely well looked after as an employee with plenty of opportunities to progress.

I have learnt a lot and developed a lot of skills here the directors are nice and helpful as well as management and nice team workers too. The workload can be a lot but they are understanding.

Great company with space to progress

Company open to ideas and growing at a fast pace. Chances to progress if you wish to. 9-5.30, with free breakfast on Friday's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTP Merchant Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.3Job security/advancement

UTP Merchant Services Reviews by Location

• UTP Merchant Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?