Vp plc

Vp plc Employee Reviews

Working for a vp company is ok very active but not always rush as a driver your given your delivery notes you pick your load load it up strap down then on your way
Pros
Left to you own device
Cons
Coms
Worst place ive ever worked like working in the sixties just like the wages Terrible health and safety training rubbish expected to work on equipment that not trained on and sign it off
Pros
Cons
Long hours for no pay
Great place to work, good bunch of lads. Learn something new all time, work colleagues always willing to help out if your not sure about something...
You will fit in if you suck up to the boss and the managers are all connected to each other thats how they get their jobs. Not through hard work or knowing anything.
Pros
Left on your iwn because no one cares
Cons
Rubbish pay
A work culture of bulling and peer pressure. if your face does not fit forget it. feed with constant lies and made to feel worthless and under appreciated. Bulling is rife mostly by management but not all. You do have to creep and crawl to the bosses to get on or you will be given the work load others to not want
Cons
a day in the yard 7:00 till 15:00 from the Bolton depot collecting tools from customer's all around the north west England. you learn a lot about the railway industry tool/plant they use. management are not to bad sometimes they put to much pressure on drivers. the hardest part of the jobs is you have to work weekends just to earn a okay wage because if you don't work weekends then to pay is not the best. the most enjoyable part is you get to see some beautiful parts of the country you wouldn't get been in an office all day.
Pros
the company supplys van and fuel card
Cons
you fell like you have work weekends. working in the yard not enougth money.
Employed to do a senior role, did the job for 14 months and was achieving as required but they had management role changes and my new superior made me redundant just so he could give my work to one of his favourites under new job description. I wouldn't recommend them for senior roles but have no knowledge if this is throughout the company or not
Good chances of progression if thats your thing, good hours of work offered, weekend work is plentiful along with overtime if wanted. Good training offered, no issues with health and safety as they are keen in this in all the depots.
Pros
Working hours, nice work vehical
Cons
Wages not the best, you have to work weekends to bump your wages to accepable level.
During my time working for VP plc i found the company to be professional with lots of in house training, sadly the bonus targets set are unrealistic, causing low morale.
Promises to train and then you ask and their isn’t any when all training is done in house other staff do as they please but you do one thing and it’s a written warning or threatened with Disciplinary's when something happens out of your control, other staff can aduse you in front of others and even call you a racist in front of management and nothing is said
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vp plc?
Salary not grea, then expenses also claimed on top this eg ca, personal fuel etc. People are extremely friendly within organisation though. Restrictive with not much scope of development opportunities.
Terrible people to work for, double standards at every turn. Assistant manager would try to catch you out by ringing customers whilst you were onsite, asking what time did our driver arrive, how long was he there etc etc. If as a driver, you took a slightly longer but quieter route home to avoid sitting in traffic, you would get the Spanish Inquisition on your return. As an employee you would be made to work till finishing time on the dot everyday, whilst management took it in turns to finish early, and turn up late. I have had three personal friends how have worked here at the Chester branch, and all of them have left, probably for same reasons I did, bullying management. They advertise for drivers every 3 months or so because nobody can stick it.
Pros
5pm
Cons
Starting time
I enjoyed working for VP PLC or ESS safeforce as my branch was called. It was a steady job most of the time, Learning the ins and outs was the most difficult part. They did great training opportunities and I got to travel to the courses, all paid for.
Management a joke , people punching above their level , no understanding of service and a terrible place to work Customer service shocking Jobs for the boys Would not listen to staff or customers
People were nice & helpful Office was reasonably relaxed mainly open plan Main responsibilities changed once or twice although believe that wouldn't normally be the case
A typical day at work is never the same as the last. It is fast paced and gives you an insight into the plant hire world in the rail industry. It comes with its challenges but overall is a really enjoyable place to work at.
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
Out of hours work
Real shame starting with this company and Certainly not the best regarding being organised lots of redundancy’s lately no job security if I knew what I know now I’d have avoided employment and Initial interest within this company from the start lots of false promises I’m afraid
Driving plant to various other depots in the country. Improved communication skills Some supportive team members Management require additional training.
Pros
monday - friday working
Cons
poor management and leadership
A good place to work and i have made some amazing friends the other managers are very supportive you do have to make your own way in the company and it is not for the faint heart . some upper management are very much stuck in the 80's with the way they deal with their staff . As soon as this is dealt with i am sure this will be a first rate company to work for I wish there were more woman at my level as i was only one of 5/6 woman in a depot situation, not good for nearly 250 depots. despite that i will miss the company and my colleagues.
Plenty of opportunities for you to develop if you put the time and effort in. Night or days it’s your choice but the work isn’t hard with a friendly atmosphere.
Autonomy can quickly turn into micro management. There is a never ending level of admin. Wide variety of customers. Different challenge almost every day.
  1. Employee reviews