Vale Garden Houses

Vale Garden Houses: 8 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews

Its a productive workplace

They claim to be Knowledgeable about what they want to achieve. However the fitters who put everything together onsite really aren't as good as they think they are, massive gaps in joints, expecting the next trade to make everything look good for them. Bricklayers were absolutely hopeless all i got from one customer was negative comments about work that had been done, which then reflected on what i was trying to do, not a great atmosphere. There's making good then there's making good.

Pros

Paid for Travelling

Cons

Too much preparation involved before you can start you're own job

Not for everyone

Worked for Vale as a fitter for 8 months, all started well but was soon to find out how shocking the company was to work for!Stone Age management style, health and safety policy on site is shocking!! Working off hop ups and step ladders on uneven ground! Made to walk on roofs in the winter covered in ice and snow! Items constantly missing from deliveries and to be told we have them!The time allocated to the jobs is not enough to put a quality finish to the job and everything is done at 100mph and rushed!Not my cup of tea so I’ve left to enjoy pastures much greener.

Insights into Vale Garden Houses

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Old School

If you are looking for a long term rewarding job where your efforts and commitment are valued this is not the place! If your lucky enough that your 'face fits' you may be okay, if you have an opinion and would like to progress then dont bother. Very Very old ways of working, sad environment and generally demotivating.

Pros

Mon-Fri working

Cons

Long Hours

Very Traditional

A very traditional, family owned business that hasn't really progressed with the times. If you are lucky enough to fit in you can have a good career but if not you won't last long. This could be a great place to work and they are fair the majority of the time.

Productive and Fun Workplace

The colleagues were collaborative and energised to produce a high quality of work. But they were also very friendly and welcoming, and there was very little tension in the workplace overall. A good place to work.

good work but very strict

was a good company to work for but as time went on the work got very repetitive. started as a window fitter where i learnt a new skill then moved on to the bench shop where i was making full walls for the conservatory

good to work for

work 30 yrs at vale' age 50 now its time for a change whilst im still fit to. love my garden at home . good set of guys to work with .. just need a change in life

Pros

need a change

Cons

Good place to work, friendly enviroment

Good place to work, my dad's been there for 30years so I would like to work back there, I had a brilliant experience working there..put my joinery skills to work and it wasn't boring, never did the same thing each day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vale Garden Houses. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement