Valeter

Working at Valeter: 37 Valeter Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews

goodhourdayjobworkingworkvaletenjoy

Staff friendly

Great company staff are excellent friendly and a good laugh it was like one big happy family help each other out all the time never worked for a company where the staff are brilliant I don't think I ever find another company where everyone is so close management are OK but nothing special

Pros

Easy job busy fast paced but good

Cons

It is long hours but you get good money if you do the hours management not brilliant but ok

can be hard going but it was ok.

job was ok just when they changed bosses it became hard going different ways of doing the same job. they kept telling you how you should do things, already new how to do my job hence the reason i left.

Pros

your workmates are good and help if needed

Cons

bosses are hopeless dont leave you alone

Good for short term

There was a good variation of roles. Each day you was put On a different section. The flow of cars coming through the workshop were easy to work with.

Felt under valued

Very autocratic management poor conditions expected to clean and inspect cars for damage record any on check in and check out management wanted quality but wernt interested in quality standards to hit completion deadlines no driving needed in recovery vehicle basically used if the sub contractor couldn't do it.

Can be hard but ennjoyable.

A typical day at work for me is get to work at 9 then start washing cars straight away from start to finish. Maybe get about 2-3 Valets a week in so when they come in we do them. There are 2 of us who work there. Best part of job is seing the change in the Valeted cars's.

Great job if u don’t mind being outside.

I loved valeting(not so much at winter) had to stop it was too physically demanding and I gained a severe injury in 2016, I would recommend this type of job to anyone wanting to do it self employed since the money is not good

Pros

Travelling, fresh air, easy job

Cons

That dreaded Scottish winter

Most valeting places are relaxed and fun

A typical day would consist of ... opening the locked compound for which I was entrusted with the keys. arranging all the cars normally 3-4 a day for the prep wash Then polish and hoover said vehicles the hardest part of the job is you have to have an eye for details most management leave you to get on with the job as for the culture most firms are ok and can be fun to work at

Enjoyable and rewarding. A good team atmosphere with plenty of support from management both on site and overall. Hours of work are flexible but the workload is quite high.

one of the worst jobs i had

nothink really to say about this job , just washing cars all day every day. never enjoyed it and would never recommend anyone to try this job thats about it.

Fun

I was always on time did my job to best of my ability it was a friendly place to work I work great under pressure and am keen to learn and develope new skills

Pros

No lunch

Fun workplace around school

Valeting and washing cars was my first summer job which meant that they were good with hours that suited me a swell as giving me working experience that can be transferred to other jobs.

Pros

Free lunch, meet new people

Cons

Was often a lot of waiting around

Fun environment

A typical day of work would have between 20 - 30 cars coming in to be cleaned. Whilst at that job i learnt how to act as part of a team and I learnt how to clean a car by myself. The management was awful they didn't show good leadership all they did was shout at everyone. There is mostly foreigners working there and that is because he owns the house they life in so only will employ them. The management also pay per shift not minimum wage so you aint making the correct amount of money per day. I was working 8-6pm and i earned £15-£25 a day. They need reporting to HMRC

Cons

working as part of a team

working as part of a team, keeping the forecourt clean and tidy following health and safety regulations. Ensuring all vehicles looked their best inside and out for customers to view.

fun workplace

My main duty was to properly wash cars to a high standard. Also includes interior cleaning. Other duties include keeping work area clean and tidy, make tea for co-workers and be a team player.

Pros

enjoyable workplace

productive and fun workpalce

Never given a pay raise even though my reviews were always excellent...Area manager was OK but asked other staff to report back to him about myself without my knowledge even though they didn't drive and I had to set and organise their work for them, often they would be too busy on their mobiles. Worked with only foreign low paid workers who hadn't got a clue about H&S.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Can be long hours for little pay

good

the company, as a whole is friendly and flexibal they are understanding if you have a problem and try to help if they can. the wages were good aswell as the hours.

boring

was same day in day out. nothing new was learned and was always moaned at for the vehicle i drove being an eyesore to people which i felt was rather unfair.

good and bad place to work

valeting cars to a high standard learned how to work as a team poor management that dont understand the job roles poor procedures for staff which drives low morale

Pros

good staff

Cons

bad management

challenging and motivating but fun

I love working here... it's my second family.. My typical day at work is a little bit of everything, I'll go in to wash the cars on the forecourt and get sent out to collect car parts or a customer, maybe a run to a car auction.. And if somebody is absent I'll step up and do the job if I'm able

Pros

close to home

Cons

not a full time job

refreshing cars and mini buses

I really enjoyed working here by refreshing cars and mini buses. Ready for the drivers to take out fresh and clean. I really enjoyed using the chemicals and the polishes to make cars look gleaming and fresh for customers to jump in and feel good.

Pros

Free lunch

valeter

I had to look after a fleet of cars which meant cleaning and full valets plus engine cleans as well as super guarding the luxury motors that came in from the auctions like bmw Mercedes aston martins plus help out in the workshop when they were busy so rubbing down wheels and helping lifting heavy stuff too

Pros

working outside

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valeter. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement