Values In Care

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great place to work if your willing to dedicate a big part of your life to it.

In short, values in care is a great place to work. Very rewarding job, can make some great friends and the pay isn’t too bad, lots of opportunity to pick up over time. The hours can be long, some shifts better than others but I’m sure it’s like that in most jobs.

Pros

Opportunities to progress, overtime, friendly staff

Cons

Long hours, a lot of responsibility

Amazing work place

training was informative and trainers were clear and helpful. A range of houses to choose to work people are very friendly during course and in the houses. definitely recommend

Pros

people, communication and training

Cons

longer hours but you are able to be on relief and choose

Staff are fun to work with

Staff are fun to work with and management are open to suggestions and your always taking the service users out on fun days out, tend to do more in work than outside

Great place to work and plenty of progression

A really good place to work, progression is great for those who want gain a career and there are many un advertised benefits such as in home vehicles (you dont drive your home), meals within the home and flexibility around shifts.

Pros

Positive working environment

Cons

C19 has made the work more intense

Great company with plenty of opportunities

Since starting in Values in Care i have found it to be a great company to work for with loads of support from management and the team at head office. I have had the opportunity to progress and been fully supported to progress and develop within the company.

Pros

Transparent leadership

Cons

On times longer hours

Nice environment

The people you meet are lovely and they make the job more enjoyable, the hours are long but your not working everyday which makes more time to have a social life. The overall experience so far has been very enjoyable.

Pros

Days out with the residents

Cons

Great company to progress with and support always available

I have been working for Values in Care for just over a year and a half. Since starting I have progressed within the company and been offered several training and learning opportunities that expanded and supported my role. The company is making every effort to offer training and support to staff during this difficult period but due to restrictions it has been difficult but not due to a lack of effort. I do really appreciate the values and principles that the company has and how much pride and care is taken for people we support and the upkeep and cleanliness of the homes. I would recommend Values in Care to work for and have friends and family currently working for Values in Care that I have recommend.

Pros

Paid breaks, paid food and drink, residents are amazing, progression

Cons

Can be long hours and the pay should be better but that is the care sector not Values in Care

avoid at all cost

In the beginning this job seemed amazing, great staff, great clients you work with, but as the job progressed the management let it all down, no body knows what's actually going on and the management don't really care about the staff, you're just there as a number, the staff turn over rate is high because there is no care given to staff.

Great environment if your looking to progress and develop skills

I have worked for values in care for over 6 years, I have enjoyed my experiences and I have developed new skills which include cooking. I have progressed throughout the years and have always been supported with development. Pay is good and work life balance can be achieved. Staff are appreciated and I have personally received awards for my above and beyond work, which is nice to feel valued.

Pros

Salary, overtime, experiences and training

Cons

None.

Stressful, understaffed, under paid.

Awful company to work for, expected to run a shift give out medication for minimum wage no bonus, very high turn over of staff, worst management skills ever, staff not appreciated at all, constantly asking you to do extra shifts, not knowing what your working one week to the next.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, slow giving rota, favouritism, not paid enough for the responsibility

A place where all ideas are valued and the opportunity to progress and each day you learn something new, learning is never ending 😊

Currently an employee at VIC, a job where i look forward to attending each shift, no day is the same and support among the team is amazing. The main focus of the day is ensuring the people we support are having their best day possible achieveing goals, learning new skills and being a part of the local community. I started with no experience and now my confidence has grown in bounds thanks to the support of management and the company to achieve my own goals and opportunity to gain qualifications to become higher in my role, the best part of my day is watching the people we support achieve and suceed being part of helping all with independence, no longer am i someone with no qualifications i have gained some on paper and also some through my role being a teacher, a supporter, a person to rely on during difficult times. I know when i leave my shift i feel good that iv helped someone achieve a meaningful life and feel i have an extended family, if you are caring, compassionate and like to be fun and a fan for those you support to achieve this is the job for you and you wont regret it!!

Pros

Meals and drinks provided, bonus schemes, training, qualifications, teamwork, appreciation and being valued for ideas to better others and yourself

Values in care

I loved working for values in care. I was let go when on my probationary period I was going through test as I was unwell. The staff were lovely to work with n the residents. I really do miss working there. Training was always very thorough and made fun. I was sent to different homes now and again. I have to say everyone was alway so nice and welcoming.

Pros

Good staff and residents.

Cons

Management dont care about anything but how they are portrayed.

Fabulous residents

If your face fits your ok, no matter how hard you work, all managers has their preferred staff and work Rota’s to their advantage.. if you have any concerns it’s pointless speaking to the manager, they don’t want to know.. long hours poor pay.

Pros

Lovely residents and some staff

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, bad management

Poor company to work for, bad management and lot's of staff, "girl's" bickering constantly. Personally think the company needs investigating. Across the board.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

Its a challenging place to work but can be fun also.

The hours are long, you will spend a lot of your time in the work place. The residents are good to work with, so the job can be rewarding, they feed you well, You need to be a bit of an all rounder, cook. cleaner, support worker, listener, driver, personal carer, its mighty busy some days. But there's the good times, Bowling, Swimming. Beech Walking, Cafes, Eating out, Drives, it can be fun.

Good company

Good company to work for realy fare no issues with the company far long hours thay will put you threw your nvq and all in house training like fire pover first aif

Most understanding company

I have had no problems with this company, give you plenty of training before starting and put you on refreshers when you need catching up on training. You work as a team with people who will support you with whatever you need.

Pros

Management are understanding

Values AOB

It has been a pleasure working for the company. They have been very accommodating with individual needs and are more than accommodating in supporting with personal difficulties. If you are willing to learn and develop values in care will promote this for you.

Fair

Currently working there, great staff team and helpful manager. Everyone is friendly and happy to help. Hours can sometime be a killer, but makes up with only 3 shifts a week. Can be noisy at times. But we’ll run, professional company

A place to be victimised

I wouldn’t recommend this company to work for it has a Terrible culture , management prejudge and discriminate, things are twisted and management are manipulative if your face don’t fit your bullied out

The best company that fully support both residents and staff

I have been involved with Values in Care for many years and i have never had a negative experience. The staff you work with are lovely and the residents are amazing to work with. All management are approachable, kind and caring, they strive to look after their staff and residents. The CEO of the company is very much involved with the company which you don't always see with companies this big, she is very approachable and the care and effort she puts in with her staff and residents is outstanding. This job isn't for everyone as it is unsociable hours and not the highest paid care company, but you will not find a better place to work or a company with more compassion and great values. Values in care is a family.

Pros

The support from managers and the CEO is outstanding

Cons

Expect to never want to leave the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Values In Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Values In Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?