Values In Care
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Values In Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom62 reviews

supporttrainingstafflongcarelifehouryear

Under paid overwork but great place to work

Great Place to work, very rewarding, can be long hours but enjoyable.Lots of activities and different events to attend. Seeing the residents enjoy doing things and completing their goals.No job is perfect and every job as flaws but with a good staff team you can complete and enjoy any job.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Hours

Productive with person centred approach

A good leadership with the company, wanting to develop their staff, and give huge opportunities to the people they support. Good training opportunities and a good clear online training process that can be down in own time and be rewarded for this.

Pros

Free meals, regular shift patterns

Cons

Can be short staffed but that’s the same with all care work right now

Insights into Values In Care

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Awful place to work

No breaks, understaffed and lots of overtime. Residents are missing out on their activities as staff too lazy to take them.

Short staffed and expected to do a job of 2-3 people

Constantly short staffed.People we support are losing out on their activities and very clicky staff.Expected and pressured to pick up the extra shifts even on annual leave

boring work and horrible residents

residents would attack and pinch and scram you office was terrible and barely responded to issues. training was inadequate and boring and outdated. not good

Awesome Resident's Failed by Values in care

A real eye opener if you're a hard worker be prepared to carry lazy staff who complain the job is hard and sit around clock watching while you do all the work. Closed door policy unable to speak freely if something is wrong that needs fixing management are not much better they never listen to staff when you notice something regarding a resident. Constantly short staffed.

Pros

Awesome Resident's

Cons

Working alongside lazy staff and lied to

Small company

Having worked under and alongside very skilled professionals in high senior positions for many years, the senior management team are way behind with current times. Authoritarian style manager led from the top. Do as I say! Unfortunately, the rest of the team followed led by the leaders example. Shame as the direct care staff including house managers retained their values despite this approach. Couldn't wait to get out.

Pros

You’ll be looked after if you don't have your own opinion

Cons

If you do your never going to fit in

Love this company

I have been working at Values in care for over 10 years now and could never see me doing anything else. The company has great Values and the people we support are always put first above anyone. The staff and management are all really lovely and supportive. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Values in care has always been a great place to work , I have been in the company for over 10 years and don’t plan on leaving soon , always had a great relationship with the manager and worked well with all the team

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

The most rewarding job I’ve ever worked in

Values in care have been a pleasure to work for , the manager as always been understanding and helpful , it amazing to see the people we support exceed

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

Enjoyable and cooperative working environment

Full support given by Managers, daily tasks are found to be enjoyable and rewarding especially when training is completed to aid the support of our services. There is effort made by all Departments to communicate efficiently and proactively.

Motivational

The Company has sound values and this was clearly represented throughout the interview. I feel very confident in working for a company that values staff and those that they support.Opportunities for progression within the organisation are available, very comprehensive training and opportunities for personal development.

Brilliant

Brilliant training really in depth and experience any help needed was provided really excited to start working there really enjoyed the training and the tutors where fun and kept you interested

Excellent training given to starty new role as a support worker!

Good training given to new staff (communication and and PBM) haven’t started my role as of yet. But looking forward to meeting the new staff and residents.

A good company that values its staff progression

I’ve worked with VIC for just under 2 years and in that time I had progressed from support worker to deputy. The company supports staff that show enthusiasm for the role and in making a difference for the people we support. I feel that not only was I supported by my service manager, but that he was often open and reflective, which is rare to find in management anywhere from my experience. I was encouraged to mentor and develop staffs understanding of VICs ethos, and by being open to hearing from staff, the people we support have benefitted. Although I’m now stepping back as my career has taken a different turn, I still want to stay on a relief basis, which they’ve agreed to. This is because I’ve developed such a good relationship with VIC and the people we support that I don’t want to cut ties. The training that’s been developed, especially since the behavioural team has been created, is thorough and inclusive to different learning styles. The behavioural team are supportive, knowledgeable in PBM and work to the least restrictive options, which is in line with our ethos.What I love about VIC is their Hapi benefits, which has allowed me to save over £300 in the time I’ve been there on high street discounts, their cycle to work scheme and the everyday benefits such as 2 meals free, paid for all training, paid for the full 12hr shift etc.The only reason I’ve given a 4* not a 5* is the work life balance, but I’m not convinced this is just a VIC problem, it’s care in general, but it does affect your life balance if you aren’t familiar with the sector.

Really enjoyable company to work for.

The values of the company are at a very high standard with regards to treatment of residents and staff. Training is always available and is very thorough.

Fun work place

I enjoy working with my colleagues and service users on a daily basis I always learn something new and my manager is always willing to help. Staff members are also so welcoming

High staff turnover

High staff turnover, makes it a highly stressful environment to work in.Senior management, promise the world and deliver nothing.You will be constantly training new recruits, that are ill equipped to work there, hence the high turnover.

Pros

Free food

Challenging but very rewarding

I have been working for values in care for a year and I love it!! It can be challenging on times but the rewards are far greater. The training and support is outstanding and the managent is fantastic.

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Long hours can be challenging

Fun and always doing something makes you feel you’re improving someone’s life

Really enjoying the job. Works around my social life and the management will do whatever they can to help you. Great training and job satisfaction. Always doing different activities with the people we support

Amazing place to work, managing a team and the wider organisation to support people with ASD.

Very positive and proactive organisation. Everything is very progressive and very person centred. Plenty of support for all staff through professional and personal life. I have been here a decade and would continue.

Pros

Work life balance, good perks

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Values In Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement