Values In Care
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Values In Care Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

Deputy Manager3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews

A good company that values its staff progression

I’ve worked with VIC for just under 2 years and in that time I had progressed from support worker to deputy. The company supports staff that show enthusiasm for the role and in making a difference for the people we support. I feel that not only was I supported by my service manager, but that he was often open and reflective, which is rare to find in management anywhere from my experience. I was encouraged to mentor and develop staffs understanding of VICs ethos, and by being open to hearing from staff, the people we support have benefitted. Although I’m now stepping back as my career has taken a different turn, I still want to stay on a relief basis, which they’ve agreed to. This is because I’ve developed such a good relationship with VIC and the people we support that I don’t want to cut ties. The training that’s been developed, especially since the behavioural team has been created, is thorough and inclusive to different learning styles. The behavioural team are supportive, knowledgeable in PBM and work to the least restrictive options, which is in line with our ethos.What I love about VIC is their Hapi benefits, which has allowed me to save over £300 in the time I’ve been there on high street discounts, their cycle to work scheme and the everyday benefits such as 2 meals free, paid for all training, paid for the full 12hr shift etc.The only reason I’ve given a 4* not a 5* is the work life balance, but I’m not convinced this is just a VIC problem, it’s care in general, but it does affect your life balance if you aren’t familiar with the sector.

Fair

Currently working there, great staff team and helpful manager. Everyone is friendly and happy to help. Hours can sometime be a killer, but makes up with only 3 shifts a week. Can be noisy at times. But we’ll run, professional company

Fantastic company.

Values in care is a company that is dedicated to helping support adults with complex needs and are always looking to improve lifestyles of those we support. If your a type of person who thrives on making someone’s day better this is the job for you. As a deputy manager, I came to the company as a support worker and through hard work and dedication I have managed to work my way up and have aspirations of being a manager, this is something I have always been supported to achieve. Managers are knowledgeable and staff are amazing at supporting each other and residents. The pay is competitive however with overtime available you can make some good money!! I’ve loved every minute of working here and seriously recommend looking into it.

Pros

Giving back to the community. Brilliant management and CEO. Good career progression

Cons

Can be long hours, however this is care work which is provided 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Values In Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Values In Care with

Values In Care Reviews by Location

• Values In Care
  • Deputy Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?