Values In Care

United Kingdom3 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 56 reviews

A good company that values its staff progression

I’ve worked with VIC for just under 2 years and in that time I had progressed from support worker to deputy. The company supports staff that show enthusiasm for the role and in making a difference for the people we support. I feel that not only was I supported by my service manager, but that he was often open and reflective, which is rare to find in management anywhere from my experience. I was encouraged to mentor and develop staffs understanding of VICs ethos, and by being open to hearing from staff, the people we support have benefitted. Although I’m now stepping back as my career has taken a different turn, I still want to stay on a relief basis, which they’ve agreed to. This is because I’ve developed such a good relationship with VIC and the people we support that I don’t want to cut ties. The training that’s been developed, especially since the behavioural team has been created, is thorough and inclusive to different learning styles. The behavioural team are supportive, knowledgeable in PBM and work to the least restrictive options, which is in line with our ethos.What I love about VIC is their Hapi benefits, which has allowed me to save over £300 in the time I’ve been there on high street discounts, their cycle to work scheme and the everyday benefits such as 2 meals free, paid for all training, paid for the full 12hr shift etc.The only reason I’ve given a 4* not a 5* is the work life balance, but I’m not convinced this is just a VIC problem, it’s care in general, but it does affect your life balance if you aren’t familiar with the sector.

Insights into Values In Care