Values In Care

Values In Care Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker33 reviews
United Kingdom33 reviews

Love this company

I have been working at Values in care for over 10 years now and could never see me doing anything else. The company has great Values and the people we support are always put first above anyone. The staff and management are all really lovely and supportive. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Values in care has always been a great place to work , I have been in the company for over 10 years and don’t plan on leaving soon , always had a great relationship with the manager and worked well with all the team

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

The most rewarding job I’ve ever worked in

Values in care have been a pleasure to work for , the manager as always been understanding and helpful , it amazing to see the people we support exceed

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

Excellent training given to starty new role as a support worker!

Good training given to new staff (communication and and PBM) haven’t started my role as of yet. But looking forward to meeting the new staff and residents.

Fun work place

I enjoy working with my colleagues and service users on a daily basis I always learn something new and my manager is always willing to help. Staff members are also so welcoming

Challenging but very rewarding

I have been working for values in care for a year and I love it!! It can be challenging on times but the rewards are far greater. The training and support is outstanding and the managent is fantastic.

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Long hours can be challenging

Fun and always doing something makes you feel you’re improving someone’s life

Really enjoying the job. Works around my social life and the management will do whatever they can to help you. Great training and job satisfaction. Always doing different activities with the people we support

Support worker

A fun fast paced environment with new learning opportunities all of the time. Plenty of training provided to learn about your job role. Everyday is always different.

Pros

Good home life balance, plenty of training, lots of learning opportunities, meals provided

It's a fun and interesting company to work for

It's fun place to work, the people are very friendly. The staff are really supportive and are always willing to lend a hand. Head office are really good at answering queries.

Very busy, diverse role, yet Hugely rewarding. Lots of training opportunities

I have worked here for almost a year and can honestly say it’s been a wonderful experience . I work with a team of fantastic and dedicated support workers who work well together. The role itself is full of challenges and you learn something new every day. We all have a strong work ethic and shared values, this all contributes to the unique working environment we have created and continue to improve upon. If you put the work in and show willing then you can be sure to form and maintain good relationships with Senior staff and management, who value staff opinion and are invested in our growth. There is a sense of equality at every level and you will always feel supported

Pros

Active, fun and no 2 days are the same. Meals included. Use of company car, funded education opportunities

Cons

Current climate can cause staff shortages and hours can be long .

Amazing work place

training was informative and trainers were clear and helpful. A range of houses to choose to work people are very friendly during course and in the houses. definitely recommend

Pros

people, communication and training

Cons

longer hours but you are able to be on relief and choose

Nice environment

The people you meet are lovely and they make the job more enjoyable, the hours are long but your not working everyday which makes more time to have a social life. The overall experience so far has been very enjoyable.

Pros

Days out with the residents

avoid at all cost

In the beginning this job seemed amazing, great staff, great clients you work with, but as the job progressed the management let it all down, no body knows what's actually going on and the management don't really care about the staff, you're just there as a number, the staff turn over rate is high because there is no care given to staff.

Stressful, understaffed, under paid.

Awful company to work for, expected to run a shift give out medication for minimum wage no bonus, very high turn over of staff, worst management skills ever, staff not appreciated at all, constantly asking you to do extra shifts, not knowing what your working one week to the next.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, slow giving rota, favouritism, not paid enough for the responsibility

A place where all ideas are valued and the opportunity to progress and each day you learn something new, learning is never ending 😊

Currently an employee at VIC, a job where i look forward to attending each shift, no day is the same and support among the team is amazing. The main focus of the day is ensuring the people we support are having their best day possible achieveing goals, learning new skills and being a part of the local community. I started with no experience and now my confidence has grown in bounds thanks to the support of management and the company to achieve my own goals and opportunity to gain qualifications to become higher in my role, the best part of my day is watching the people we support achieve and suceed being part of helping all with independence, no longer am i someone with no qualifications i have gained some on paper and also some through my role being a teacher, a supporter, a person to rely on during difficult times. I know when i leave my shift i feel good that iv helped someone achieve a meaningful life and feel i have an extended family, if you are caring, compassionate and like to be fun and a fan for those you support to achieve this is the job for you and you wont regret it!!

Pros

Meals and drinks provided, bonus schemes, training, qualifications, teamwork, appreciation and being valued for ideas to better others and yourself

Great place to work if your willing to dedicate a big part of your life to it.

In short, values in care is a great place to work. Very rewarding job, can make some great friends and the pay isn’t too bad, lots of opportunity to pick up over time. The hours can be long, some shifts better than others but I’m sure it’s like that in most jobs.

Pros

Opportunities to progress, overtime, friendly staff

Cons

Long hours, a lot of responsibility

Values in care

I loved working for values in care. I was let go when on my probationary period I was going through test as I was unwell. The staff were lovely to work with n the residents. I really do miss working there. Training was always very thorough and made fun. I was sent to different homes now and again. I have to say everyone was alway so nice and welcoming.

Pros

Good staff and residents.

Cons

Management dont care about anything but how they are portrayed.

Fabulous residents

If your face fits your ok, no matter how hard you work, all managers has their preferred staff and work Rota’s to their advantage.. if you have any concerns it’s pointless speaking to the manager, they don’t want to know.. long hours poor pay.

Pros

Lovely residents and some staff

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, bad management

Poor company to work for, bad management and lot's of staff, "girl's" bickering constantly. Personally think the company needs investigating. Across the board.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

Most understanding company

I have had no problems with this company, give you plenty of training before starting and put you on refreshers when you need catching up on training. You work as a team with people who will support you with whatever you need.

Pros

Management are understanding

Cons

A place to be victimised

I wouldn’t recommend this company to work for it has a Terrible culture , management prejudge and discriminate, things are twisted and management are manipulative if your face don’t fit your bullied out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Values In Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Values In Care with

• Values In Care
  • Support Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?