Values In Care

• Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Values in care has always been a great place to work , I have been in the company for over 10 years and don’t plan on leaving soon , always had a great relationship with the manager and worked well with all the team

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

The most rewarding job I’ve ever worked in

Values in care have been a pleasure to work for , the manager as always been understanding and helpful , it amazing to see the people we support exceed

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

A good company that values its staff progression

I’ve worked with VIC for just under 2 years and in that time I had progressed from support worker to deputy. The company supports staff that show enthusiasm for the role and in making a difference for the people we support. I feel that not only was I supported by my service manager, but that he was often open and reflective, which is rare to find in management anywhere from my experience. I was encouraged to mentor and develop staffs understanding of VICs ethos, and by being open to hearing from staff, the people we support have benefitted. Although I’m now stepping back as my career has taken a different turn, I still want to stay on a relief basis, which they’ve agreed to. This is because I’ve developed such a good relationship with VIC and the people we support that I don’t want to cut ties. The training that’s been developed, especially since the behavioural team has been created, is thorough and inclusive to different learning styles. The behavioural team are supportive, knowledgeable in PBM and work to the least restrictive options, which is in line with our ethos.What I love about VIC is their Hapi benefits, which has allowed me to save over £300 in the time I’ve been there on high street discounts, their cycle to work scheme and the everyday benefits such as 2 meals free, paid for all training, paid for the full 12hr shift etc.The only reason I’ve given a 4* not a 5* is the work life balance, but I’m not convinced this is just a VIC problem, it’s care in general, but it does affect your life balance if you aren’t familiar with the sector.

Great place to work and plenty of progression

A really good place to work, progression is great for those who want gain a career and there are many un advertised benefits such as in home vehicles (you dont drive your home), meals within the home and flexibility around shifts.

Pros

Positive working environment

Cons

C19 has made the work more intense

Nice environment

The people you meet are lovely and they make the job more enjoyable, the hours are long but your not working everyday which makes more time to have a social life. The overall experience so far has been very enjoyable.

Pros

Days out with the residents

Cons

Great environment if your looking to progress and develop skills

I have worked for values in care for over 6 years, I have enjoyed my experiences and I have developed new skills which include cooking. I have progressed throughout the years and have always been supported with development. Pay is good and work life balance can be achieved. Staff are appreciated and I have personally received awards for my above and beyond work, which is nice to feel valued.

Pros

Salary, overtime, experiences and training

Cons

None.

Stressful, understaffed, under paid.

Awful company to work for, expected to run a shift give out medication for minimum wage no bonus, very high turn over of staff, worst management skills ever, staff not appreciated at all, constantly asking you to do extra shifts, not knowing what your working one week to the next.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, slow giving rota, favouritism, not paid enough for the responsibility

Great place to work if your willing to dedicate a big part of your life to it.

In short, values in care is a great place to work. Very rewarding job, can make some great friends and the pay isn’t too bad, lots of opportunity to pick up over time. The hours can be long, some shifts better than others but I’m sure it’s like that in most jobs.

Pros

Opportunities to progress, overtime, friendly staff

Cons

Long hours, a lot of responsibility

Nice place to work

Nice company to work for, pays not good for the amount of responsibility you have. Residents are lovely so are most of the staff. Plenty of training for your job role.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

Pays not good for what you do

be happy in work

Care work isn't easy, but when you find a company that values its work, sticks to its values and treats you as a person and not just a number on payroll (Grab it and stick to it) that's what I did many years ago and don't regret it for a minute. I have worked in many other settings and if your hard working, committed and thrive on making a difference to a persons life this is the company for you. There are always those that give companies a bad name and usually its the ones that have left for other reasons than they care to admit, such as their own doing. so I suggest you make your own judgement and not that of others. the PAY SCALES are very much comparable but don't forget there are many other benefits to consider. If you are a caring, genuine person and love what you do, and want to make a difference - then this is the company for you. If your a person that just wants a job, cant be flexible then maybe this isn't. you decide. and just to add the company as a whole are very transparent, excellent homes for the residents and continue to improve the quality of life of all those they support.

Pros

quality of care is second to none

Cons

Poor pay and poorly maanaged

It's an ok company. It used to be sector leading in all areas and used to be a high paid job and the management used to listen to you. I'm sorry to say but not anymore. You do however meet really nice service users and colleagues. Some colleagues should not even work in care.

Pros

Loads of overtime if willing to travel to other houses.

Cons

Rate of pay is scandalous.

Good place too work

Really good place too work, CEO very approachable, teams are friendly and caring, excellent training provided and refreshed annually, pay rates good. I

Okay if that's what you want.

Decent enough company, good management and co-workers. However, it's a typical care provider. Expect to work long hours, nights, weekends, etc., and give your soul, just for the minimum wage. If you don't have a life outside work and it's something you want to do, you'll probably enjoy it.

Pros

Good managers

Cons

Long hours, low pay

long day

start 8 finish 8 next day learned new skills buts hours too long

Pros

work mates

Nice place to work

nice place to work, friendly staff, good support from employer

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Values In Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement