Velocity Delivery Services Ltd

Velocity Delivery Services Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews

vandrivermoneyteamyeardaycompanymanagement

New start

I have recently started with the company and as I have done the job previously I needed little induction to the day to day operation. I found management and supervisors eager to help emotionally ( having a bad day giving words of support) and physically (help load your van on days when at peak).

Not enjoyable and underpaid compared to competitors

Company supply unsafe vehicles, most have questionable MOT certificates. If work is needed on a vehicle they will try and bill you!Directors and managers seem to only care about how little they can pay you to maximize their own bank accounts. In the time i was they cut payments to drivers when all other companies increased theirs.Recent change of management now see's that there is favouritism to certain DA's and their direct Freinds & family who work for them by giving the most days and best work to them, then minimum days and worst routes to others.If you arnt willing do tasks set by your POC they threaten to pull your contract.I would recommend staying well clear of velocity and it's low morals there are plenty of other contractors that pay way more than them!

Insights into Velocity Delivery Services Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Rubbish company I be here 3 years

Your day is usually started with stress and issues regarding the overloaded number of parcelsThe stress of dealing with poor management which are not able to deal with anyone's problemsManagement usually adds additional problems in to your dayThey make me wash van when I finish earlyThey make me do runs and pick up vans from garage and do vehicle service. But never pay me. They take advantage but they are very stingy on the pay.If you finish early you will get additional work and stops assigned to you which takes up more time of your day without getting the pay.The pay is considerably low bearing in mind the company next door GSS pays £25 more for doing the exact same role and working hours. 25 drivers have left company because they been treated unfairly and nobody listen to them

Great Environment and Great Team

Having worked for other DSP's, Velocity is far the best in terms organisation, pay and the most competitive and engaging service provider I have worked for to date. Starting as a driver and currently an OSM.The Owners and management are incredibly supportive and forward thinking and are always on hand to support all drivers and service providers. Plenty of opportunities to progress also into senior roles.

Fair and competitive

I've been with Velocity Delivery Services for several years now and I find them to be fair, consistent and competitive, I tell them my availability and they accommodate my working schedule so I can can also spend time with family and friends. The work is challenging and also rewarding, I enjoying the later start times, so I can do the schools runs in the morning and this saves me money on childcare cost. the additional pay during peak times (Xmas) is always welcomed.

Fast pace but REWARDING!!

I've been working for Velocity Manchester for nearly a year now! I've had no issues with the general service. Management are helpful and always willing to support both in work and outside work.This job needs commitment and flexibility, and I'm self-employed currently earning £600-700 per week after my van rental. I'm looking forward to the peak period as potentially I can make £800-1000 per week!.

Great to work for and great team

I have worked for velocity for over 3 years now almost all as manager having previously been a manager elsewhere and I now have a fantastic bunch of drivers who are always willing to go above and beyond due to knowing that velocity as a whole.will take care of all.of us as a team

Pros

Good money great team

Cons

Stay well clear of this so called place

STAY WELL CLEAR OF VELOCITY it's an absolute joke working for this company they charge over the odds for the van ask other companies in there they pay no where near the £260 a week they expect the world off you and pay you peanuts less than minimum wage by the time they deduct everything from you speaking from personal experience stay clear the management I've never seen anything like it absolute joke

Pros

Non

Cons

Bad pay, bad management, rubbish hours

Stay clear of Velocity

This is a racket. If you don't have your own van, stay clear.You will pay close to £1000 a month for a van, which is not in roadworthy condition.Many hidden deductions to your wages.Manager told me, you want to damage the van, so that you will owe us money.Then you will be guaranteed shifts.You are self employed, so no sick pay, holidays or union, but they will treat you like an employee of theirs. Expecting you to work with no notice.Random routes have you travelling to different parts of the country every day. Very rural roads, you risk damaging the van.I still haven't been payed a penny after 1 month. I've seen a £1300 deduction for van rental on my invoice, after 2 weeks of rental. Which should have cost £460.

Pros

Outdoor working. Available shifts.

Cons

Unsafe Van. Hidden charges. Untrustworthy management.

I like to work here, wonderful colleagues

I like to work with this company. People are friendly and always ready to help. Management impeccable, with strong support. Very good tim, wonderful colleagues!

Good workplace

I have been working at Velocity since 20 August 21. 2 days Claas room then an easy exam. I was not entirely convinced about working as a multi drop driver due to the pace of work, today I know that it is unnecessary. On the same terrain, the routes increase gradually. Manager is really cool, he doesn't give routes that can't be done, he is always in the depot during loading and will help if necessary. It's not the lightest work, but not the hardest that I have done for a good salary, bonus, milage. Another benefit are the days off selected once a week.

Pros

driving a van

Easy job and good money

Enjoyable place to work, can be fun, can be busy, can be quiet, no two days are the same.Work colleagues are brilliant and reflect the wonderful sites that I worked at. Management are involved and approachable. Relaxed but focused work environment.

Pros

You can take a break whenever you want

Cons

To many miles to drive

Busy and money can be earned

Been working for them for 3+ months and have to say I am enjoying my time here. Delivered in 4 different areas at that time which has been good and now at the peak period good money can be earned especially as I have my own van.

Pros

Money that can be earned including bonuses.

Cons

Sometimes not knowing when you are working.

Good place, greate people , nice work

My opinion about this job is one of the great oneThe managers and staffship is the great aswell I like what I doEverything is good organized I dom t have any problems

Pros

Free time

Cons

Long hour

Productive fun hard work

Good company to work for wages on time easy to talk to they try to keep you working as much as you want to routes are reasonable need to be better fuel costs and cheaper van rental till can afford your own

Pros

Good help if needed

Productive and learning place

Good working enjoinment.The day starts with helping drivers with their maintenance bookings and some time in breakdowns.Management is really helpful in making things understandable.The overall job environment is not that tough but in breakdown scenarios some time there is a bit of pressure.

Pros

Learned allot about vehicle maintenance.

Excellent team and management

A pleasant , vibrant and understanding team and management. Management is always available when needed. A good working environment and very professional.

Pros

Accommodating and helpful

Flexible Work Schedule

I have been working for Velocity Delivery Services for almost 4 years now and I can honestly say it's been amazing. The payment for our services very good, the work can be relaxing if you like what you are doing and the flexibility of the working days is amazing.

Pros

Salary / Flexible working days

Cons

Long hours some times

Great Experience

Great Experience and lovely place to work, Especially support is too much fantastic. They help in each and every possible way. Love to work with them..

Warning stay well away

If you have a van then still don’t bother absolutely disgusting company no respect for anyone and a bunch of cheese lickers who only want to pay management for doing nothing.

Pros

Cons

Complete set of nobs

Absolute Rip Off

I was asked to travel to Jarrow to pick up my van. When I got there I was told the van was in Leeds. I was driven to Leeds with another employee. When we got there and were joined by another employee we were told we'd need to drive to Birmingham for our vans. They charge you £210 a week for your van plus £500 deposit split over the first 5 weeks. What they don't tell you is they keep the deposit and charge you for any van damage on top of that. I worked for 5 weeks and never once took a break on my shifts and I was still put under pressure to speed up. Most days I wasn't eating until I got home. They give you routes that are so remote there's miles between stops travelling up farm tracks in the dark dodging cows and pot holes. Delivering to places with no house number so it takes ages to find. The staff are nice to your face but get nasty when you have any problems. They cut you out when you no longer become useful. AVOID VELOCITY AT ALL COST. BAD NEWS.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Velocity Delivery Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Velocity Delivery Services Ltd with

Learn about Velocity Delivery Services Ltd in popular locations

• Velocity Delivery Services Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?