Velocity Delivery Services Ltd

Velocity Delivery Services Ltd Employee Reviews

New start

I have recently started with the company and as I have done the job previously I needed little induction to the day to day operation. I found management and supervisors eager to help emotionally ( having a bad day giving words of support) and physically (help load your van on days when at peak).

Warning stay well away

If you have a van then still don’t bother absolutely disgusting company no respect for anyone and a bunch of cheese lickers who only want to pay management for doing nothing.

Pros

Cons

Complete set of nobs

Absolute Rip Off

I was asked to travel to Jarrow to pick up my van. When I got there I was told the van was in Leeds. I was driven to Leeds with another employee. When we got there and were joined by another employee we were told we'd need to drive to Birmingham for our vans. They charge you £210 a week for your van plus £500 deposit split over the first 5 weeks. What they don't tell you is they keep the deposit and charge you for any van damage on top of that. I worked for 5 weeks and never once took a break on my shifts and I was still put under pressure to speed up. Most days I wasn't eating until I got home. They give you routes that are so remote there's miles between stops travelling up farm tracks in the dark dodging cows and pot holes. Delivering to places with no house number so it takes ages to find. The staff are nice to your face but get nasty when you have any problems. They cut you out when you no longer become useful. AVOID VELOCITY AT ALL COST. BAD NEWS.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Work Hard and Earn more

A good place to work, provided you do intend to work. Consistent work available and good communication regarding expectations and pay.Depending on which location you apply for, there are various positions available and some excellent day rates. Overall, if you can graft, definitely go for them as you will be rewarded with good pay.

Pros

Good pay, rewards productivity, get to be your own boss

Great job fantastic benefits

Velocity is a great work place. Very reliable and friendly staff. Great team work. Management is very helpful. Would highly recommend. Still working with them after 2 years

Pros

Bonus

Friendly management and staff

I joined velocity at the end of September 2020 after being made redundant. Started as a driver With aspects to grow within the company which has happened. Brilliant experience from start to finish with friendly management and great work life balance. Met so many great friends and looking forward to see my future within the company!

Pros

Internal growth

Cons

The best place to work for .All team members are friendly and very helpful .Love my job and all people I work with, always helping each other and listening to peoples needs including making the most of their position and helping to climb the ladder100% recommended !

Really good company and very helpful staff.

All very nice people who work there and are more than happy to help. The recruitment team are very helpful and the on site staff explained everything very clearly.

Its a driving job, not NASA

Ok, so it's a driving job on a self employed basis, this is explained clearly before you agree to work there. Yes van rental is expensive if you aren't an owner driver.it's not velocity who rents them to pople, its a 3rd party agreement.Working hours are long but again its a delivery job to residential and commercial premises with deadlines for some premises working hours. Management are helpful and especially so if you are flexible with them.Thats the same in most places.As in most jobs, some days are better than others. Late call-offs to a route can be a pain in the backside but thats the nature of the job. I had a good experience, everyone is different.

Pros

Helpful management when things get tricky

Just don’t work there

They promise you the world but instead they just squeeze you as much they can. They over charge you with van rental and the take off money fromYour wages.

Pros

No one

Cons

Very long hard day

Carlisle

Management were horrible Had to rent your van for £210 per week, had to go to Birmingham to collect.Worse 5 weeks of my life, didn’t get the hours promised. And actually I’ve wrote off the pay I should have got.DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

rubbish work

Rubbish company to work for.Do not treat you like human being at all. You are just a number for them.Avoid at all cost there are plenty more deliverly jobs about.

Pros

Crown garage

Cons

Crown garage

Stay away

These people are scumbags, do not believe the BS good reviews they are all posted by there dimwit office staff, treat drivers like sh1t, send threatening messages on WhatsApp that if people don't do extras everyday and work 12-13hrs.. they won't put you on the rota! Low life scumbags, the management can barely speak a word of English, and when they do its making veiled threats. They tell drivers 'this is a 7 day a week job'. Do not pay correctly, mileage payment is different for certain drivers, and never the right amount regardless.. all In all.. without doubt the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to work for

Pros

Absolutely NOTHING

Cons

The whole thing is a con

Not good

The reviews have written by the management do not trust this lot just like all the rest the pay is terrible the reviews after the one who was always paid late this is some one who had been paid to say oh I have always been paid on time this is to make us think it's good company 182 a day realt this is false look at this then it's 113 to 132 so look at this it says 182 a day but it's,not 182 it is 113 probably less so no do not trust

Wouldn’t bother

Total waste of time. Attended induction day and never heard from them again. After repeated messages. Made no effort to reply. Poor management for a new contract.

Pros

Cons

Communication

Terrible place to work

From day one the supervisor spoke terribly to me. Found that they were unprofessional, where the workload was unevenly distributed. There were occasions where I felt bullied by the supervisor. When out on route, I was told off for going off route to be able to use a public toilet and insited that I purchase something that I could go in the back of the van. When leaving, I wasn't reimbursed for the time worked and tried asking for contact details for payroll they refused. Perfect for people who desire no work/life balance as start times were late and getting home after 9pm, occasionally 10pm. Pay advertised seems great, but you aren't told about the cost of hiring the van which is £210 a week. To realistically do the job you need £600 to help with diesel costs as you don't get paid until week 3 and no fuel card is provided.

Pros

None.

Cons

Listed in review.

Pull the wool over your eyes

The job is what it is.The routes are not achievable in many cases leading to you either needing help or having to help other meaning working very late for no extra pay. They say its 9 hour days but more like 10/11 they dont include the loading of van as part of your working day. Business milage doesnt cover fuel cost. £840 to rent can a month plus £500 van damage pot. You also have to pay for any punctures, windscreen oil or bulbs yourself.

Pros

Keeps you fit

Cons

The list could go on

Excellent company

I have worked for velocity for 4 years + and it has always been a positive experience. Help has always been at at hand with issues and unexpected occurrences

Positive

I joined Velocity during peak Christmas time 2019. The training provided was comprehensive and a fair insight into the tasks requested of delivery drivers for the company. The management are approachable and helpful. The team of drivers with whom I work are helpful and hardworking with a good team spirit and willing to help. With consistent work standards comes regular earning and healthy bonus payments and chances to advance within the company.

Pros

Great, friendly working environment and pay

Cons

Fast paced but rewarding

Terrible company to work for

Very poor management skills from both the manager and the regional manager, (THEY COULDNT ORGANISE A RAFFLE) to employees being treated unfairly. Routes were often dropped the night before or as late as the same morning . Removed from a group chat means you are no longer in your position and managers turning up at your door when you do not attend work. SHAMBOLIC

Horrendous company to work for

This company will promise the world and deliver absolutely nothing.. constantly drop your daily rate to scrape back money to pay off there debt.. this company is an absolute shambles! They then make you wait 28 days to get the money they owe u back also. Finally the management are an absolute joke constantly ignore messages when the goin gets tough AVOID!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Velocity Delivery Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement