Ventrica
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Ventrica Employee Reviews

United Kingdom94 reviews

massagefruitmentalofficetrainingshiftstafffree

Good for remote customer service work

Ventrica has fairly simple systems and pretty helpful management. They give pretty good pay for what you are doing. My training was really fun and thorough. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a work from home customer service role.

Great Company

I enjoyed my time working at Ventrica, the job role itself was very interesting and made the day fly by quickly.Fast paced and positive working environment with fantastic colleagues and plenty of support from management and the company itself.

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Valued as an Employee, Career Progression.

Insights into Ventrica

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

Awful job culture

This is a job where you'll be constantly monitored (yes, even for toilet breaks), with little to no incentives for staff, mental health support, or even a parking space.With very poor pay and management who are asked to squeeze every last droplet of performance out of you for said pay, you will need to be at the office and set up, ready to take calls - 15 minutes before your pay starts.The software is useless. It puts you into a call without warning or notification, with no visible queueing system. Remote software is also very laggy, with vastly increased lag for difficult conversations with customers.No cans or bottles of water/Fanta are allowed - but that's okay because you can use your pay to purchase Ventrica branded bottles/mugs which are the only drinking instrument allowed.I would personally avoid this and find something else.

Pros

Working on the high street gives you access to many food outlets during lunch break.

Cons

Awful work ethics.

Avoid

Flexibility (work from home)Dull policies / very demanding client MicroManagement / you get told off for anything Decent wages No many benefits Another call centre No progression

Don’t do it…

…Unless you:• love being spoken to like rubbish• love not being appreciated for your work• completely and entirely hate yourself• love being spoken about behind your back by stuck up managers

The Self-Fellating Call Centre

It's difficult to find a more self-congratulatory, narcissistic company than Ventrica. Watch the 'About Us' film on the website and it's easy to understand just how much of a legend in its own lunchtime Ventrica is: the epitome of style over substance.Long shifts, high attrition rate and inefficient management.

Pros

Pass.

Cons

Do you have an hour to spare?

Home working

I worked for two campaigns in the company. I really enjoyed one of them and not so much the latter, hence my leaving. All in all fast paced environment but can be fun if there is a good team spirit, and capable management.

Pros

Remote

Ventrica is the worst company in the world

Nepotism runs rife in this god awful call centre version of The Hunger Games. If you are someone who is willing to kiss up to get ahead in life then this is the place for you, but if you’re a decent hardworking employee then do not even waste your time, as you will be consistently overlooked, underpaid and under appreciated. If you value your life, your mental health and your happiness, do not work here.

Too much micromanagement

Training was ok even though I think there was too much role playing involved.When I started working it quickly became apparent micromanagement was rife.You had to to send every email to a team leader before you could send it to the customer.Distrust was rife.You couldn't take some cases even with help.One of the worst work experiences I had in my life.

No progression

No career opportunities Pay rates not suitable for the work loadAwful facilities 3 toilets for allStaff room terribleMickey Mouse corporate business

Productive and fun place to work. Was working from home so that was a bonus. Great experience overall. It's a shame the contract ended we had to be let go.

Extremely supportive company

I have worked here from home since july2021 and its the best company I've ever been with. They understand having kids means some unexpected time off , offer mental health support and support In any way possible to make your job easier. I love it here.

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

Late nights and very busy

Fair pay

Ventrica is good enough, and they pay pretty fairly. The reason my experience wasn't totally joyful was that I was working during a peak period. However, my manager was very supportive and about 95% of my stress actually came from the callers.

Great

Great company to work for when you need an office to home based environment. Lovely recruitmemt team who made the process as easy as they possibly could.

Just a number.

A typical day here goes as follows:Wake up at 6:30am for minimum wage.Work a 9 hour shift, which includes such things as but not limited to: Stress, rude customers, poorly skilled management, more stress, your remote desktop crashing several times over, a liiiittle more stress aaaannndd your desktop crashes again.After a long, 9 hours of the above, you're then so tired you can't actually leave a well-balanced life. Do this through rinse and repeat. Unless you want to mindlessly wonder through your job; Avoid Ventrica. Their work ethics are non existent, you're simply another body to fill the void.

Good people working there, the higher towards her you go the more your treated like a number

I would work there if you like minimum wage and enjoy other people, if you want to get somewhere in your career then don't bother as it can be unsecured.

Pros

People working there

Cons

Unsecure, treated like a number by hr

It was overall a decent job.

It was a decent job. I was working from home which was the best part. The training was clear and their systems weren’t too complicated. The only issue was being made redundant because of the contract ending.

Not great

All bells and whistles to start, then your on your own. If your face fits I guess you will be ok but the line managers can be rude, abrupt and talk down to you like a menial. Not a pleasant experience.

Pros

Did not stay long enough to find out.

Cons

Management = horrible 'I am better than you culture'

Excellent managers, very supportive environment

I’ve worked at Ventrica for almost 2 years and have really enjoyed the remote working experience. I was lucky to have excellent managers and a very supportive team which makes all the difference. Ventrica like to promote from within and they will recognise your achievements. The salary is low but it’s not difficult to work your way up if you work hard and meet the requirements of the job - KPIs etc

Pros

Team environment, remote working

Cons

Salary

Fun workplace

I did remote and it was actually alright. The management is a bit slow when you're trying to get work done though as if you have queries they take time to respond.

One of the worst places to work.

Bosses do not understand what mental health is and constantly ring and trigger their employees that have PTSD and make them feel uncomfortable. Bosses are more concerned with their own back and will throw everyone under the kosh to protect their own.Some of the campaigns on here are really good and probably are 100x better than the one I was on but still, simply a dreadful experience

Pros

I'm leaving

Cons

Bosses are too much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ventrica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ventrica with

Learn about Ventrica in popular locations

• Ventrica