Veolia

Found 702 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,648 reviews
lorryrubbishbinwasterecyclingprogressiondriverround

Mature and sensible company

Featured review

Veolia selected this as a representative review
I spent 16 years in retail, before making the move to Veolia. I am blown away by the mature and responsible attitudes of the colleagues I now work with. The company lives the values that it advertises, and so do the colleagues. The general attitude is around doing the right thing for the environment by doing the right thing for our customers. There is a culture of fixing a problem, not assigning blame. There is a huge transformation going on through all levels, updating everything to a digital process, and while not everyone is happy with the new solutions, I can see why the business has taken the steps it has, and I believe that while the first steps may be painful, they will make the journey much easier. Genuinely happy to be working here.

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear that your experience working at Veolia has been a positive one and we hope this continues for a long time. We're glad to hear that you feel our values in the work you do, these form our culture and ensure we all work together to achieve our purpose of ecological transformation. It's great to hear how happy you are in your role, so thank you for sharing this with us. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Stressful place to work

At first didn’t seem a bad job then they changed your work day duties and then expected the impossible out of you and treated you without any respect

Insights into Veolia

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Stay away

This company has the worst culture. Management culture and facilities are frozen somewhere in the past century. It is all about the management when it comes to incentives. No clear career path no clear management view. Taking advantage of their nearly monopolist position on the market. You will be replaced like nothing the moment there is a different decision. Wasted 2 years of my life working for them.

Nice place to work

Good worklife balance can move jobs around to suit you Early finish Is very achievable as its job and nock competitive place to work Management are pretty decent my only reason for leaving was the pay is just far too low for the current cost living

Pros

Lunch Allowance, Great work life balance

Cons

Money far too low For the amount of work

Depends on your role

I had 2 experiences with this company - moved from one depot to another when one was shut. Really loved my job in traffic in the first depot - always busy, challenging, fun. But no traffic vacancies when moved - should really have taken redundancy. Moved into admin role but there really wasn't enough to do. Busied myself as much as possible but after a while I didn't look out of the window in the morning because I would have been bored all afternoon. Clock watching really is no fun. Shame really, cos I loved the first job.

Pros

Lovely people, good working environment

Cons

May not have enough to do

ok

Not a good place to work at, poorly paid they don't care about you only care about the work. Gives bonuses to the top bosses but the people on the ground got nothing

Stressful and Chaotic

No leadership, management, or financial control. Every project is late and all teams are under immense pressure to deliver. One project is late by 7 years!Crazy HR department with absolutely no regard for career or fair pay.If your face fits great place but if not expect at best a casual nod and a poor appraisal.

Zero support

Veolia is a manager heavy working environment, with little no investment or support for local areas. Their pay structure is terrible and pay way below the average for area/job type. The company has got to a point where its too big to react and is now a bloated barge of a company. you're a cog in the machine and will never be apricated.

26 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear that the experience you had working at Veolia was not a positive one. We want to ensure that Veolia is an enjoyable place to work where our employees feel valued and respected, your feedback will be taken on board and fed back to the relevant teams to action. May we wish you all the best in your future employment. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Poor place to work all around

Salary incredibly poor , management very poor and spineless, wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face. Genuine people get left behind , if your face fits you are ok . Management and senior management hide behind red tape and bullying is rife !!!

Good salary / job security / early finishes/ holiday pay/ paid lunch breaks

Good company to work for. Job security. Let down by useless and incompetent management. Lots of favouritism. Can be hard physically if given one of the harder routes.

Pros

salary / job security / / paid breaks /

Cons

management

26 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear about all the great things you enjoyed about working at Veolia. We also appreciate your honesty in your review and would like to address these concerns further, if you'd be happy to discuss this further we'd like to find out more, if you could contact our HR Team at uki.HRhelpdesk@veolia.com. May we wish you all the best in your future employment. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team

Spiteful Management.

The best thing I ever did was quit working for this Depot, if you want to see a place where everyone hates the job then Fleetwood depot is the place to go.

Pros

Cons

Glad you parked up in the car park for your job interview, opened the door looked at the office door then slamed your car door back shut and drove away again.

26 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're really disappointed to hear about the experience you had working with us. So that we can continue to improve our colleagues experience and working environment please could you get in touch with our HR team so that we can appropriately address the issues you experienced. You can contact them at uki.HRhelpdesk@veolia.com. Thank you again for your comments and may we wish you all the best in your future employment. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

stressful workplace

At veolia you are basically treated as nothing more than a number that can easily be replaced at the drop of a hat. They expect the world and give next to nothing in return ( they expect maximum effort for minimum wage ) they don’t subsidise travel costs, provide hot meals or have adequate air conditioning/heating for summer/winter months.If you have a job that requires any kind of responsibility then getting your holiday entitlement granted is a nightmare! Instead of paying a shift allowance they pay an attendance bonus whereby ONE Sick day results in the loss of 3/4 of said attendance bonus PLUS a days wage.

26 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear that your current experience has not been a positive one. We want to ensure that everybody feels valued and respected working at Veolia. With regards to your concerns, we would suggest speaking to your manager, or our dedicated employee support teams. We will also feed this information back to the relevant teams, as we want to give all of our employees the best possible experience. I hope that we are able to address these concerns and improve your experience working with us. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team

Small team but large company

I returned to this small team in a large corporate employer after many years in smaller companies and was pleasantly impressed by the overall atmosphere and work environment.The workplace culture is great.The work pace is manageable and the management are all helpful and pleasant.

Pros

pleasant atmosphere with a true team spirit

Cons

early start - 0830.

26 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear that you're enjoying your time working with us at Veolia. It's great to hear your comments about our culture; our shared purpose gives us all the same drive and it's through living our values that we're able to bring our purpose to life, all whilst making Veolia an inclusive and supportive place to work. I hope that together we can continue to make an impact that is felt for generations to come. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Stressful

Most horrid place iv ever worked. Doing trade waste l was always made to pick up other peoples work, constantly threatened with the sack for not breaking speed limits in order to rush round and do more work. Given over 600 bin lifts a day, a impossible task.

26 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear your experience working with us was not a positive one. Your comments are of concern to us and we'd like to find out more so that this can be addressed appropriately. If you could please reach out to our HR team at uki.HRhelpdesk@veolia.com. Thank you again and we wish you all the best in your future employment. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Stitch up

I was offered a job and was told different things afterwards and resigned on the spot . There was a lot of misunderstanding from the very beginning and I ended up without Job.Lovely, what else can I say.Next time those people should say from the beginning what to expect and not to tell others after two days to have different plans because you are just a number.

Pros

Cons

Dishonest

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear that your experience working at Veolia was not a positive one and we are concerned by the comments that you have fed back to us. Can I thank you for your honesty and ensure that this is not reflective of who we are or the experience we hope our colleagues have working with us. So that we can find out more information about this and address this properly could you please email us as uki.HRhelpdesk@veolia.com. Thank you again and may we wish you all the best in your future employment. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Good company good prospects

Having joined the company I have personally had 2 promotions and 3 pay increases based on preforming well, As have several other employees. There is plenty of career progression opportunities.Training courses are encouraged and all paid for. As a business they are very keen to invest in their employees.

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're delighted to hear about the great experience you are having working at Veolia. It's amazing to hear the progression you have worked hard to achieve, we want to see all of our colleagues reach their full potential and have a fulfilling career. We are strong believers in continuous development and actively encourage and support all our people to keep going. We hope that you continue to have a long and successful career at Veolia, together we can reach our ambition of ecological transformation. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Terrible site

I used to work at Veolia's flagship office in the West Midlands - it was good. A nice canteen, an inclusive culture and a feeling of belonging to the company (it was one of the reasons why I joined the company). However our department has since been moved to another site which is tacked on to a more industrial site - it is smelly, dirty, poorly maintained has very limited amenities (nothing useful nearby) and is also further away meaning a much longer day. The move was not planned very well - the new office was too small for the number of occupants. This was pointed out with very little response.Veolia has responded with blended working but this would have been offered anyway and isn't really the answer

Pros

Blended working

Cons

Longer day

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear that your current experience working at Veolia has not been a positive one. This is not reflective of the experience we want you to have and I have fed your comments back to the relevant team who can address and action this. We are pleased to hear your feelings on our culture and sense of belonging as this is so important to us. We know just how much of a difference Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace can make. We’re proud of how it forms a key part of our organisation and culture. Thank you again for you feedback and we hope that we can continue to work together for many years. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Not a level playing field

Decent work/homelife balance pay not as good as it should be, employees with older contracts get more pay and benefits unfairly in my opinion office staff favour certain employees

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're really disappointed to hear about the experience you had with us as this is not reflective of what we represent but we appreciate your honest comments. We want to ensure that all of our colleagues feel valued and have a positive experience whilst working with us so I will be feeding this back so that your comments can be looked into and addressed further. Thank you again and may we wish you all the best in your future employment. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

A good starter company for early careers but difficult to progress at higher levels

Pros- Great People- Varied Workload- Lots of opportunities for exposure across the whole business at lower levels- A sustainable company whose focus is truly on it's green credentialsCons- Work life balance- Little advancement opportunity at higher grades- Lots of discussion about issues but rarely leads to affirmative action- Not good at recognising and retaining talent by understanding what is important to them- Too many decision are made at top level without consulting a wide range of employees which often leads to preventable issues.

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that there are many great things that you enjoy about working at Veolia. We are concerned about some of your comments but appreciate your honest feedback. I will relay this information back to the relevant teams to address and action as we want to ensure that everybody not only has a positive experience at work but also that they can develop and reach their full potential with us. We hope that we can continue to work together and make an impact for many years to come. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Inclusive and Fair

My experience with Veolia has been a good one.The staff are all friendly, willing to help each other, and hardworking.Everyone works hard to achieve the best outcome for their work. You are challenged daily and you have the option to get involved with tasks and events which you wouldn't normally get a chance too. Management are fair and accommodating if you need to rearrange work or attend events such as events to do with your children. I would recommend Veolia

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. It's great to hear about the experience you are having working at Veolia, and we hope this continues! Alongside helping to push for ecological transformation, working at Veolia gives you the chance to have a rewarding career and it's great to hear that you are experiencing this with the work you are getting involved in. It's important that our colleagues' can bring their authentic selves to work and have a healthy work life balance, so it's great to see this has been your experience too. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Inclusive and progressive

Veolia is a wonderful company to work for with a great ethos. They care about the people who work for them and offer plenty of support and advancement opportunities no matter the area of Veolia you work under.

8 August 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear about the positive experience that you are having working at Veolia. At Veolia, we know the difference that Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace can make. We’re proud of how it forms a key part of our organisation and culture. We want to ensure that everyone enjoys working at Veolia and feels valued so it's great to hear how supported you feel. We hope that you continue to have a long and fulfilling career with us. Kind regards, Veolia Resourcing Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Veolia with

Learn about Veolia in popular locations

• Veolia
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?