Veolia
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Veolia Employee Reviews

Found 602 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,338 reviews

Very good to work with ...

Featured review

Veolia selected this as a representative review
Regret leaving for another company.. I wish I stayed with veolia but what's done is done now. Management were very good to me and so was my work team..

Pros

Team effort

Cons

Half an break

26 August 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Veolia and the team you worked with were very good to you.Maybe you will be back with us in the future!We wish you all the best.

Just a place to work

I worked for veolia chesterfield AND found that if I had a problem the management were not very helpful so in my best intrest it was time to leave for the first 30years service I was happy AND found my job a good firm to work for

Pros

Cons

To many bins a day to empty

Very poor place to work - don’t apply

Was only working for Veolia for a short time, which would be more than enough to put anyone off.They forgot to mention in interviews that you will be basically handling a complaints line all day every day.I’ve never been swore and shouted at so much down phone in all my life - there is no zero tolerance policy in place at all.Management don’t care about how stressed their staff are. Staff are overworked massively. No support at all, all they care about is figures and statistics. You’re told to get as many calls as possible but you’re then moaned at for writing up your notes and taking too long - they expect you to work like robots. Constantly monitored on everything you do: how long you’re on a call, how long you’re off a call, how long it takes to answer it, how long you’re writing notes for, toilet break - everything.

Pros

Cons

Stressful, spoken to like dirt, no support, robotic workplace

Ok if face fits and you kiss management ego.

Very stressful, poorly resourced small contracts. Management expect you to continually work overtime without bothering to ask crews. Only care about job completion and not it’s staff.Very little praise for crews efforts to complete daily tasks.Privacy and confidentiality don’t exist as supervisors tell other staff what individuals say so it gets told amongst yard staff this happens frequently thus trying turn staff against each other.Staff retention is poor, agency staff come for a day then don’t come back.Salaries aren’t the best either as they only want to pay the bare minimum Management are only interested in yard staff if they have done something wrong, then they treat you as a little child then set about of trying to get rid permanently.Management hate it if you give your opinion and if it’s something that they don’t like your seen as the bad guy in their eyes.I could go on forever, the list is endless

Pros

Smart and professional uniform

Cons

Just avoid working for them, stress, bad management, insufficiently resourced

Veolia is in need of a cultural revolution, not devolution

Veolia used to be a great place to work, community spirit, engaged and lots of opportunities.Over the last few years the culture has gone backwards, an old fashioned, aggressive tell culture exists and even the best managers are being constricted in their influence.Veolia has lost touch of it's people, it has become a place of self protectionism and tell culture.The potential of Veolia is enormous, if it was braver to invest in new technologies and complementary markets it could take out all of the smaller non compliant businesses in the waste sector.

Pros

Great people, vast resources

Cons

Culture, slow to react, arrogance

What I have learnt

Every day is different and with the support with the team..........Scheduling work , making working to bid module and within budget.Compliance with all legislation

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Normal hours

Stressful

They do not care about your health and safety only when it suits them management lie all the time and working on your own doing large rounds.lots of promises with no intention of keeping.wages not great but they do pay overtime

Pros

Great work colleagues

Cons

Long hours, no support off management

It was an experience

My overall experience of veolia was very disappointing. If you're looking for an employer who is supportive, they're probably not the employer for you.They are unappreciative of the hard work and dedication you put in. Especially when your going above and beyond for candidates, managers, client and agency staff. There is very much an "if your face fits" atmosphere. You can request training or an apprenticeship and whilst this can be promised to specific employees, more often than not veolia cannot deliver for you, without explanation. My advise for management would be - Be responsive and receptive instead of ignorant when an employee comes to you with queries and concerns looking for answers, don't be dismissive and listen to constructive critisism. The department I worked in definitely had a 'if your face fits' mentality instead of an inclusive, supportive and upskilling environment despite promoting an "inclusive" workplace.

Pros

Subsidised lunches and employee discounts.

Cons

Management are ignorant

Poor management... just a number

Management within Veolia is shocking...not a company who stand by its values. Only positive about Veolia is the friends you make there. With such a large corporate company you are just a number.. you are over worked and underpaid, also a high level of staff turnover which again reflects on management.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Overwork Rubbish Management

Secure, but unjust

They promise a lot (benefits, career advancement, additional training, etc), but give bare minimum. Overtime rarely paid on time. No additional training. Unprofessional, uninterested, unsupportive management. They'll notice your potential and abuse your willingness, while enabling 90% of other staff to slack. Policies on sickness, equal treatment and substance use - no one adheres to it. Issues with HR/ER, issues with H&S.Great place if you want to get stuck with somewhat decent pay for minimum effort.Don't apply if you're any ambitious

Pros

Fairly secure

Cons

Will mentally exhaust you

Jobs at Veolia

See more jobs

Hgv driver London

Not a good place to work, all the drivers and yard staff are a good bunch but the overall management are probably the worst I have worked with, there is virtually no interaction with management unless you have done something wrong then they want to discipline you like you’re a child, morale is low working here there is no incentive for you to go the extra mile, I feel there is no respect for the workers at veolia you are just a number, this is why a lot of the drivers here are fed up and want to look at work elsewhere, if we were of any value to veolia we would all be a bit happier, try looking after your workers a bit better and perhaps things might change, but I don’t hold out much hope.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Terrible management

Ok place to work

The company is not particularly well organised. Change implementation seems to take an age. Hours are quite long, and working alternate Saturdays is not always condusiVE TO WORK LIFE BALANCE.

Pros

Great colleague.

Cons

Long hours, moderate pay.

Velolia MRF Four Ashes Plant - Not good experience!

Employed as an recycling operative there through an agency. Much of the job involves removing metal and cardboard off fast moving conveyor belts. Whilst it only supposed to be recycling materials, people also put food waste, used babies nappies, radiators, car batteries, paint etc into recycling bins, so expect those on a daily basis. Noise, smell and dust are part of the environment. Veolia do however provide puncture proof gloves and lower arm protective sleeves and earplugs.Sadly the plant itself is badly designed and poorly maintained, so you will spend a fair bit of your shift shovelling out blockages, which can be heavy, sweaty work when it gets compacted under the belts and conveyors.There is plenty of secure parking there and both thirty minute breaks are paid for, but it's a minimum wage environment with no chance of permanent employment or progression. They will tell you it's long term work, but it is not. They are forever taking on and laying agency off to meet short term peaks in demand. Okay there if you only want a few weeks money for holiday or Xmas, but don't plan on long term work, as it just don't happen. They struggle to get staff there and haven't taken on any permanent staff for years.

Pros

Paid breaks. PPE provided. Canteen area with TV

Cons

Dusty, dangerous, rats, foul smells, poor management

Veolia

I worked for them full time until I had my first child, then went back part time working 2 days. They hired someone else to work the extra 3 days. I had my second child and then covid happened and I was basically furloughed after my maternity ended, then told to 're apply for my job, after 6 years this was a joke to me, I ended up losing my job to the other person who they'd hired to work the 3 days, my guess was because I had 2 children and they thought i wouldn't have been as reliable as the other person, even though I did give them reassurance I would be. Felt so let down by them.

Vindictive management

Culture of bullying and tale carrying vindictive nasty management, if you stood up to them they would make life very difficult with no chance of progression, nepotism is rife (friends and family) when someone new started you would wait to see who they were related to. It doesn't matter what qualifications you have if you stand up to one of the clique you aint going far with this lot, (watch your back). Management always looking to find fault, never looking to encourage the workforce when they do something good. I should have been able to see my years out here but the management team made life to difficult for me (made me ill) and I had no option but to leave.

Pros

Worked with some good lads (most have left like myself)

Cons

Nasty nasty vindictive management

Stressful non caring workplace

Management don't care about you make you do anything they need as long as the job gets done and they don't upset there favourites plenty of overtime

Pros

Cons

All of it

Not what it’s cracked up to be

They don’t tell you at interview that it’s complaints handling. Stressful, timed on breaks ridiculously, company treat customers terrible overcharging

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stressful

Very poor place to work

Long hours stood in one place all day. Staff make you feel very unwelcome if your face doesn’t fit. Minimum wage with no benefits. Not a very nice place to work at all.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and poor staff

19 August 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear your personal experience working with us is not a positive one. We do not tolerate this kind of behaviour and therefore would suggest speaking to our dedicated HR team who can support you. Thank you.

What can I say about this job

As a road sweeper you are pushed every day to make sure your area is clean and tidy of litter and other detritus, bosses push you like crazy I never give you a chance to breathe. And there’s always the looming possibility that they will transfer you or fire you with calls or without!

Pros

Cons

6am to 3pm

19 August 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear your personal experience working with us was not a positive one. We do not tolerate this kind of behaviour and therefore shall pass your feedback onto the relevant HR team. We wish you all the best for your future.

Senior managers that will throw you under the bus

Senior managers that promise you, your manager and staff everything, then stab you in the back and lie to feather their own nest!

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, not appreciated.

19 August 2021

Nice ground staff to work with but ridiculous management, no consideration for the small person.

Very poor management of staff, as well as very bad working practices in place.Workers get treated very poorly and are expected to go above and beyond for the company, with not even a thank you.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic targets and expectations of someone.

19 August 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear your comments about your personal experience working at Veolia. We want all of our employees to be happy at work, therefore, we shall pass your feedback onto the relevant team. We wish you all the best for your future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K