Veolia

Veolia Employee Reviews

Featured review
Veolia selected this as a representative review
Regret leaving for another company.. I wish I stayed with veolia but what's done is done now. Management were very good to me and so was my work team..
Pros
Team effort
Cons
Half an break
26 August 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Veolia and the team you worked with were very good to you.Maybe you will be back with us in the future!We wish you all the best.
Good overall company easy work but extremely poor management. Very secure job for right person but you must not challenge any manager. Company as a whole are very good but local management is poor.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Poor management
Firstly it is a very dirty job. As a foreman you are expwcted to do everything. The problem is most foreman will run fro. The graft and throw it onto the other foreman so even if you change depot it always seems to be the same foreman chosen to cover drivers holidays whoch is extremely unfair. The mechanical role involves cleaning tje machine at the end of the shift so you will go home filthy and itchy. You can earn around 3000 after tax if you work every weekend with one day off a month so ypur essentially having no time to yourself.When you decide not to work the weekends your weekdays become alot more stressfull as ypur made to do more. On Events your always promised triple pay and that never happens so you will only get like an extra 70 quid you will breal your back working and feel exhausted. Annual leave is only 25 days after 5 years service so you will have 21 days in all weather HO staff immediately get 25 days. Lieu days have been cut during covid also. The training an development seems non existant there will be like one course a year and most of the time that is a CPC. For a young person it is not a good job. People frown on your appearance and the job is very under appreciated.
Pros
None.
Cons
Just a disgusting job.
awful place training was abysmal...managers didnt care...swapping drivers and loaders about daily during covid outbreaks.....trucks shouldnt be in service...always breaking down...dont care about breaks....places you go a dustcart should not be going there......cars also being hit......not reported.......induction course just sign it and away you go
Pros
Cons
as above
Never get paid for overtime biggest waste company and it's the lowest payed management are all former dustcart driver and loader . Worst place to work
Pros
Cons
Long hours same money
Currently looking for a new job, 2 people have left recently. Poor management, no work life balance, no team aspect what so ever. Massive blame culture, never any help when something goes wrong just who to blame first. They sell it to be a great job, no prospect of progression and you are treated like school children.
Pros
Unsure
Cons
No work life balance, poor management
I worked for Veolia a few years ago and as far as the staff go they were great but unfortunately a couple of managers did not like me so my contract was cut short even though I was as productive as colleagues doing the same position but I was not allowed to produce evidence in the meeting so it was clear it was either a personal issue or a cost cutting exercise to terminate my contract.
Pros
Nice staff.
Cons
Short lunches.
The management at Trafford Park are helping there self to everything , The drivers are selfish and dipping into everything , and I should know I was doing the same,
Pros
Free everything
Cons
One big con
29 January 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your personal experience working with us was not a positive one. We will feedback your comments to the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.
poor or inexistent training offered by the company, they definitely don't care about following their own policies, only when it suit the company other then that the management don't really know about rules and treating staff with dignity. One rule applies for some and different rule applies for other(if you are not in their favour, your job and life within this company is very hard).To conclude is to be avoided if you are looking for a decent job and to be treated with dignity.
Pros
decent overtime pay rate(Monday to Friday is low)
Cons
management, favouritism, inexistent training, lack of support, you have to cry in order to get PPE.
4 January 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We are disappointed to hear your experience working with us is not a positive one. We pride ourselves on delivering training to a high standard so that our employees feel supported and comfortable in their job role with the opportunity to progress. We want all employees to have equal opportunities and to be treated with respect at Veolia, so we are saddened to hear your comments. Thank you for your feedback, we shall feed this back to the relevant team.
The hours are fantastic, you never ever finish late always on time. And the weekend over works out 5 hours a day from half 5 in the morning to 12 (lunch time) time and a half Saturday and Sunday double bubble.
Pros
Great place to work and overtime
4 January 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear about your positive personal experience working with us. Thank you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Veolia?
The job itself is good, the crew I worked with are a good bunch, but some of the guys that worked behind the counter are idiots and straight up lairs They like to promote working 8hr shifts but the reality on most rounds is more like 10hrs plusThey expect you to complete your round but don't pay you the overtime. Everyday I was there I'd hear drivers, but loaders more so complaining about not being paid for their overtimes Just before I left I heard drivers and loaders saying they are being given ultimatums in regards to working the extra hours even though it's a struggle to get paid for those hours Would I recommend working there... Sure, if you want to be taken advantage of, if you like being lied to your face but behind your back it's another thing then this is the place for you, if not I'd stay clear from this depot unless a whole new management that appreciate their workers took over
Pros
The other drivers and loaders are a good bunch
Cons
Those who work behind the counter. Wanting you to work long hours but don't pay your overtime
27 November 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.We are disappointed to hear about your personal experience working with us as we do not tolerate any unfair behaviour, under any circumstances.We wish you all the best for your future.
The job was great itself, the supervisors were really bad! Manager was not approachable at all, some of the staff were horrible.If you like management that are two faced then it's a job for you.
Pros
Area manager
Cons
Horrible supervisors
27 November 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your role in customer services. In regards to your cons, we shall pass this feedback onto the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.
Management just trying to get further up the Veolia ladder and don't care about who they tread on on the way up . Office supervisors have no idea of routing rounds and pile on unrealistic daily work loads.Quite often the people you screw on the way up you meet on the way down.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Management have no idea about planning routes but wont let the drivers advise them
I enjoyed my time at Veolia Customer Support. I found the team I worked with to be helpful and kind. Great place to work. Training as you do the job was good too as it really does help everything sink in.
Pros
Continued training
27 November 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.We are delighted to hear about your positive experience working with us. This feedback is really important to us as we want all of our employees to feel happy and supported at work.We wish you all the best for your future.
i work there for a year and a bit they steal from the custmer health and saft out the window allways on the camras looking at you 24 7 eavan at homes they are a bunch of peados
Pros
wage
Cons
health and safety
Personally like the job itself. Early starts 4.30am to 5.am but the day goes quickish . You do feel some pressure from the office as they seem not to understand traffic flow on our roads but that is like most places . Health and safety could be better and changing facilities are questionable. The big problem is as many people seem to also say about is local management. Many drivers feel they put their bonus before good practice. You feel it's not worth going to them with any problems as they are not that supportive and many think that they will turn the problem to your fault and bring up disciplinary action. Covid 19 procedures are questionable , had to where people changing wagons on a daily basis, people going off with symptoms and wagons not deep cleaned but rotated for someone else to use it the following day , 2 man crews change all the time so no peace of mind there . Been here over 5 years years and while I do like parts of it , if I knew what I know now would I of taken the job .... probably not .
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Having it here
I wasnt appreciated by the higher up people at veolia and was ignored when i kept asking about getting a job here when there was places available. I asked every week after my 12th week and didnt get offered a contract like i was told i would be if i put the time and effort into the job. Someone else who was agency with me got offered a contract and not me. They kept taking loads of people on as well during this time. Extremely unhappy with the way things were delt.
Pros
Easy work/tasks
Cons
Few customers are horrible to deal with
16 October 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your experience whilst working at Veolia. We are unsure as to who promised you a permanent position and when, as we use external employment agencies to provide temporary workers. Sometimes this will lead to a permanent contract with Veolia, but unfortunately this is not always possible, and will be subject to available vacancies on the applicable job pay rate. We wish you all the best for your future.
People power. If you don't fit then you never move. Lack of morality. Lack of integrity. And lack of intelligence. Not a good place to work for. The manager of the Dover branch is a moron with power. Dangerous person to work for.
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend working here. Many people who work here aren't very nice people and I feel like my job is always under threat. This company treat the coronavirus virus like a joke because I can easily work from home however they force me to go in 3 days a week for no reason at all. Makes no sense. Senior management are incompetent and always rule over any other management below them rendering any manager who is isn't senior useless. Work I do isn't appreciated and whenever something goes wrong here they all look for a fall guy.
16 October 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.At Veolia, the health and safety of our employees and sites is our number one priority. We have put many measures in place to ensure our sites are Covid-19 safe and employees' are protected at all times. We are adhering to the latest Government guidelines and any updates that we may recieve we will adhere to and make changes accordingly.Thank you.
Salary, Benefits, Flexibility are all massive positives of working for Veolia. The company as a whole seems to have a lack of direction where it comes to management. Different managers exercise policies and procedures to suit their needs as opposed to using them for the correct and justified reasons.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Locations
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Inclusion Culture, Cliquey, Jobs for the Boys Culture
16 October 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are delighted to hear that the salary, benefits and flexibility were beneficial to you. In regards to your concerns, we will take your feedback on board as it is important that all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to and applied consistently.Thank you.
Bullying culture from senior management, awful place to work ! Constant harassment, zero support, left to flounder ! Worst place I ever worked, senior manager recruited from the prison service!
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
No support, bullied by management, extremely stressful environment
16 October 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.We are dissappointed to hear your personal experience with us was not a positive one. At Veolia, we do not tolerate bullying or any unfair behaviour under any circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to protect employees from this kind of behaviour. In regards to your concern about the fact that a senior manager was recruited from the prison service, we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer, and we recruit people from a wide range of backgrounds.We wish you all the best for your future.
  1. Employee reviews