Veolia logo
Veolia

Veolia Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 582 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,274 reviews

Very good to work with ...

Featured review

Veolia selected this as a representative review
Regret leaving for another company.. I wish I stayed with veolia but what's done is done now. Management were very good to me and so was my work team..

Pros

Team effort

Cons

Half an break

26 August 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Veolia and the team you worked with were very good to you.Maybe you will be back with us in the future!We wish you all the best.

Its a fair and equal environment

I've worked at both the Merton branch and the Croydon branch, both of which I found the employers and employees to be very relaxed about their roles but also equally as fair when it came to treatment or workplace morale.

Pros

To be fair it's one of the most easiest laid back jobs ive ever had

Cons

I think the company overall could be a bit more organised

Productive, supportive company with a clear purpose

Working at Veolia is great we all have a clear purpose and shared goals as an organisation. We have regular updates on how the business is performing for people, planet, customers, society and shareholders. The support mechanisms are great and there is always someone to support. The hardest part of the job is financial governance however, this is great as it is again another level of support the team challenge and make you think and learn from the experienceThe culture is great we our encourage to bring our whole self to work, regardless of background, cultural or how we identify. We are encouraged to celebrate our differences. Life would be very dull indeed if we were all the same.

Pros

Culture support

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do the job you love

Bad atmosphere

Widnes is a badly run depot.poor management skills.they want blood out if you and nothing in return they are 4th bottom in ALL nationwide depots in the country. You don't know what you on from one day to the next.you can't plan your social life around the job.

Pros

None really

Cons

Early starts

Do not work for these cowboys

Unrealistic amount of work given to you. Underpaid. They love moaning about what you dont do but get no praise when you go above and beyond. There are really lazy people who get away with it and others who work really hard and get moaned at. The place is an absolute JOKE. THE TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES IS RIDICULOUS THATS WHY THERE ALWAYS BEGGING FOR MORE PEOPLE. THE AGENCIES ON HERE WILL BLAG THAT ITS A “drivers mate” job just to get you in the door.SO IF YOU WANT A JOB WHERE YOU WORK HARD AND ARE NOT APPRECIATED AND ARE UNDERPAID WITH NO COVID RESTRICTIONS AT ALL THIS IS THE PERFECT JOB FOR YOU!

Pros

Cons

Everything about the place.

Bully tactics

You are forced to push staff to far and they then make it look like it’s at a local level, it’s a horrible place to work, The drivers deserve to be treated with respect, they are what keeps the business going. Socking senior managers, all they want i to sack people. Unpaid hours hid, working time over stretch

Not a fun place to work

They don't care about the staff we are just a number an their sick policy is shocking, you have at achieve more than 45 picks per minute which sometime its hard as the lines are full

With workers not anyone above your pay gr

Management need to listen to workers doing the job and not to keep adding more and more work to work load putting workers at risk management talk health and safety need to practice what they preach management ask what they can do to help they are given suggestions but just find away round safety tell you to do what you are told and then word risk assessments differently to what they say face to face not a great company to work for

Pros

Pension was good

Cons

Not worth the money

Face fit Managemt

The management will talk about team players but you will get on if you are a yes person and dont have an opinion. very bad blame culture. would not recomend this company.

Pros

Poor management leave you alone

Cons

Management will take credit for your sucsess and point the blame when things go wrong

10 June 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We are disappointed to hear about your personal experience working with us. We aim to ensure that all employees have a positive experience at Veolia. We shall pass all of your feedback onto the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.

Fast pace environment but enjoyable

All the colleagues and management at Veloia is very supportive and know what it takes work in the team.I have made few friends and I was invited to one beautiful event in dec 2019.We keep in touch and always happy to help each others.Good team and good team work ethics and environment.Senior Management(MD) is very supportive and understanding. I will be happy to work for Veloia again if opportunity arise.Kind RegardsRaghbir

Pros

Fast Pace and alot of travel invilved but no complain

Cons

Office can be bit more professional then just containers.

10 June 2021
Hi Raghbir, thank you for your review.We are delighted to hear all of your positive comments about your experience working at Veolia. It's great to know that you would consider working for Veolia again in the future.Many thanks and we wish you all the best.

Jobs at Veolia

See more jobs

rubbish management

management rubbish will jump on you for the slightest thing on safety but if they think it will stop production they expect you to forget about safety all they think about is profit

Pros

pay

Cons

back biting management

10 June 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We are sorry to hear that your personal experience working with us was not a positive one. At Veolia, we take health and safety very seriously, so we are surprised to hear of your comments. We will pass all of your feedback onto the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.

Dirty work but its not a bad job

The company is not bad to work for the plant is fairly new so not many breakdowns there is always a good laugh and banter on site we all get on great management is good only down side is wages aren't the best but there is loads of overtime if you want it but it's only paid at normal rate so I am here till I find a better paid job ie overtime rate

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Dont get any extra for over time

10 June 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We appreciate hearing about your personal experience working with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Veolia.We wish you all the best for your future.

Not that good of a job

The job is harder than what it seems, the days take it out of you. They stopped me from getting another job on the site, due to the manager I was under at the time. The managers of the other department, treated me better than my own manager did

10 June 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. At Veolia, we encourage all employees to progress professionally so we apologise that you did not get this opportunity during your time with us.We shall pass all of your feedback onto the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.

Stressfull, clueless management

The money is good at veolia, that's about the only good thing I can say about the place. This place seriously affected my mental health when I worked there, I got sick of being lied to, picking up work off lazy colleagues and the lack of training there was! They would just chuck you out on a round that you had never done before and say 'just do your best' then when you end up bringing calls back because you couldn't find them they would slag you off! I would take my paperwork home in the nights and spend 2 hours going through it to make my life easier only to come in at 3.30am to find they've put me on a different round so the 2 hours I could of been spending with my family was wasted. So if you like sleepless nights wondering what the next day has in store for you and working under management that has the personality of a breeze block then veolia is the place for you otherwise stay away for the sake of your mental health.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Everything else

10 June 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We would recommend speaking to our dedicated Employee Relations team who are on hand to support our employees. We will pass your feedback onto the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.

Corput

If u are not in the managers circle you are an outcast Very laid back if a job isn't complete Managers pass on all the horrible jobs to the people they do not like

Pros

Cons

Not enough pay for the work you do

20 May 2021
Hi, thank you for your review.We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We shall pass your feedback onto the relevant team.We wish you all the best for your future.

Avoid

Avoid this place of work. Worked out of the Llanelli brach and what a disaster that was. From angry staff members to sly ones . Avoid Avoid. Management haven't got a clue what they are doing. Don't care for staff what so ever

Pros

Cons

Worked to hard

20 May 2021

Management problems

I enjoyed my time at Veolia but I got suspended for lame made up reasons, the managers decided to go through my emails via I.T. access and then tried to get me fired. In the end the managers were corrupt and got fired. Veolia does not let you work part time, if you have a family life, maternity leave, they expect you to return full time, no negotiating. Very dismissive with women in the industry. Long hours.

Pros

Working alone

Cons

Long hours and rubbish pay

V low salary

I work with Veolia about 6 months as a dustcart driverOur manager was really good always helpful The reason I left job was very low salary if you drive a pizza bike you will make more money then driving Veolia,s lorry If you are a loader then it’s better for you coz you will get paid almost same as the driver.

1 April 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience working with us. We are pleased to hear that you felt supported by your manager. We wish you all the best for your future.

Good workplace

I have worked at Veolia coming up 31 years and I have been a trade waste driver since 2006.This is the best job to have if you like being active, in and out of wagon up to 150 times a day, there are other modes of waste handling trucks that are less physical but trade waste attracts an an allowance of £6000 a year on top of the basic salaryI'm left alone to do my route, as long as all calls are covered management leave me bePay is based on a 48hr week but it's basically job and knock.From time to time head office come up with ideas that ultimately make the job harder regarding new technology but you eventually get used to them.The depot has decent trucks, we have just had 4 70 plates put in service.I never thought that when I started in 1990 that I would now be looking forward to retirement and a very good company pension..

Pros

Company Benefits, Unionised workplace

Cons

4am start

1 April 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience working with us. We are delighted to hear your positive comments and it's fantastic that you've been working at Veolia for 31 years and counting! Thank you.

Horrible

East London depot is a disgrace. Senior business manager (Big joke) and puppet line manager refused to let staff isolate when COVID spread within the depot. They even wanted me to work and leave my children unattended which is proof of the shameful culture there. Certain staff are institutionalised in regards to their tenure and how they deal with new staff.Do not under any circumstances talk of your personal life as they will ill chat you as they do others and former staff. Many speak of leaving and don't, I did withing only a few months.Lied about my wages and underpaid me while promising that it would be sorted.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, thirty minutes lunch break if you are lucky, health and safety factors ignored

1 April 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We shall pass your feedback onto the HR management team who will look into this further. We wish you all the best for your future.

Good company horrendous management

Good company however appalling clicky management that want to bully and make examples of hard working operators. They demand for operators to have their own transport however management do not drive. No covid pre-cAutions in place.

Pros

Christmas hamper

Cons

Bad management, constantly been watched over at all times on cctv including breaks

1 April 2021
Hi, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you think Veolia is a great company - and that you enjoy the Christmas hamper! We are disappointed to hear your comments regarding bullying as under no circumstances do we tolerate bullying behaviour. In regards to no Covid-19 precautions, we are disappointed to hear this as we have been ensuring strong health and safety measures are implemented and adhered to at all times across the business. We would suggest speaking to your line manager regarding your cons. We shall feedback your comments to the HR management team who will look into this. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K