Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews

United Kingdom108 reviews

Constantly listening and adapting

Featured review

Verastar selected this as a representative review
I've worked at Verastar for over 4 years, it is my second job after graduating university. So far it's been a brilliant experience, I've been given the opportunity to voice my opinions regularly and have felt that my individual actions have contributed to change within my department. The business is constantly changing and listening to staff to improve the working experience, whether it be through staff surveys, face to face feedback sessions or a regular chat with your line manager. I love the social aspect of working at Verastar, I've met a lot of people over the years, many from different departments. My workload has always been interesting and I've been given lots of opportunities to work on new technologies. The new office (Dovecote) is brilliant and the facilities are of a high standard

Pros

Great channels to progress within the company

Good workplace, but sometimes lacks direction

If you're wanting to get involved and embody the company values there's opportunities for progression. But sometimes it feels like there's a goal but no clear day to day strategy of how they'll be achieved. More just "figure it out"

Insights into Verastar

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

A good place to start

As previous reviews say the work environment is quite good and the training and support are there for you when just starting out, my only grievance would be the way they handle sickness and sick leave, in that area the management team could try and be a bit more flexible, as sick people not only do not do as good of a job but also risk getting others sick as well.

Verastar

Decent place to work, good stable company, there is so much room to improve and progress on within the job and the offices are amazing as well as thee

Highly recommended

I’ve worked here for nearly 3 years and I really enjoy it. The company is always looking for new ways to be better. Regular surveys go out to us to help improve the company and changes happen off the back of them which I think is powerful. Everybody is really friendly and supportive. Higher up managers are always visible and know everyone by first name, which I think you can tell a lot about a company like that.

Pros

Flexible working hours that fit great with my family/home life. Hybrid working. Gym, parking and onsite cafe/bar.

Cons

Could pay a little better

Poor no security

Out of an I take of 18 after the training only 3 remained and I could not wait to leave they turnover almost as much staff as salesTheir training is poor and not a bout the products the broadband is the main area of complaint bought from talk talk like cheap nasty does not work

Amazing company

I loved working for this company , training is impeccable and fantastic working environment, always help when you need it , always someone’s to go to and everyone in the company is helpful and approachable , iv always been able to talk to someone’s if my targets isn’t going how I want it and there’s always help to reach your targets as long as you take the advice on board.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Mindset

Awful

They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.

Pros

Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse

Cons

Nearly everything

Awful

Management liked to accuse you of things you didn’t have a clue about. If you were a favourite you got away with everything. Oh and god forbid you get ill cos they’ll have you in a disciplinary for being off & ask how you’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Pros

N/a

Ok

Work colleagues are amazing and easy to get on with. However this is let down by incompetent management and authoritarian like rules. Almost felt like being back in school. Undervalued staff and practically no care for their workers.

Pros

People

Cons

Everything else

Challenging but rewarding

I’ve worked at Verastar for more than a year now and I honestly really enjoy my role, although some days can be extremely stressful, this is given working in a customer facing position. I work Mon-Fri, the hours vary from 8am-6pm which is great for a work/life balance. It can feel strict at times but I believe on the most part is fair. My manager is very approachable, I feel like I can talk to her about any issues and she will help me overcome them and develop. Definitely believe there is room for progression if you prove yourself to be a hard worker. The pay is good, it’s reviewed every 3/6 months based on performance, I’ve received multiple pay rises thanks to the pay profession. All employees also receive a “star bonus” every quarter which you can get up to 2.5% of your annual wage as a bonus. The facilities are really good here too, brand new offices with free parking based on how long you’ve worked there (I got my space after around 6 months of service), free gym, subsidised cafe & bar too. Things to improve would be more employing more customer facing staff, customer wait times can be long & if you need to speak to other teams you can experience 10+ minute wait times (which customers have to be on hold for the wait period). There are also a lot of teams/sub teams which can seem unnecessary, customers can get upset about being passed about a lot and it can get confusing for staff too. Processes are also changed often which can be hard to keep track of. Another thing is Verastar’s selling point is offering telecoms, broadband, gas, electricity and water which is amazing -

Pros

Dress down Friday, flexible hours, team incentives, progression

Cons

Undertrained for the amount of different services they offer, no sick pay

Horrible place to work

Management were a bunch of goons. No job security, full of kids who didn’t know what they were doing, this place goes through employees, every week they’re hiring as the last lot just leave within a week.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Amazing company

During my time at verastar I had amazing support and help towards all lifetime achievements I would recommend working at verastar for anyone amazing staff

24 August 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future

Previous Employee

I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.

Pros

People

Cons

Management and System

24 August 2020
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review,Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

Professional Work Environment

Was a great place to work on a daily basis, flexible work hours which was very suitable for my daily routine, on site gym and canteen. Professional workplace but also had a relaxed atmosphere as the office was opened planned and everyone mingled and spoke nicely to each other.

24 August 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are glad you enjoyed your experience with Verastar.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future

Highly recommended

I have worked for Verastar for almost a year and really enjoy it also, we have just moved to a beautiful building with parking, gym, cafe and bar, which is amazing in comparison to the last building. The majority of the Managers are really suppotive whenever I’ve had any issues.

14 February 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! Keep up the great work.

Fun Workplace & Great Management

Fun place to work, you can ask management any questions and they will help you. They have a 12 week progressive plan with 1-1 weekly coaching sessions to further develop your career at verastar.

22 January 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a reviewWe are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.Keep up the great work!

Diagnostics advisor

Great place to work but can be stressful but you get a decent wage with a performance related bonus paid quarterly, very approachable management, very supportive...its more about the quality of the call than the time you spend on the call.

14 January 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

Avoid like your life depends on it

This is the worst place I have ever worked. It is very much a school environment, no talking to each other, not food whatsoever at desks. The job security is horrific, you got to work everyday wondering if you will still have job. Please avoid and take any other job over this.

Pros

Going home

14 January 2020
We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Misold positions that dont exist

Most of my training group were promised roles at interview and training - then given absolutely different roles after training . This is a 1980's stuck in the past call centre. All sales focused no matter what role you apply for. Lots of fake figures float around too.No noise reduction and managers shout loudly all over pushing for a pitch or sale whilst your on the calls !!!So embarrasing !

20 December 2019
Thank you for leaving your review,We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us. We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to thank you for your service.

Not worth it

Low paid job for the hours required. Current they are looking to reduce the hours. But your going to have to sacrifice your pay. Not worth getting involved as the only reason to stay is the people you work with. But this comes at a great cost to your mental health and your family life due to stress. Seriously not worth it. Take this from Someone with over 10 years at the company. I sincerely wish I left once I gained the knowledge to go somewhere better.

28 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement