Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews

Work colleagues are amazing and easy to get on with. However this is let down by incompetent management and authoritarian like rules. Almost felt like being back in school. Undervalued staff and practically no care for their workers.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.
Pros
Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse
Cons
Nearly everything
Management liked to accuse you of things you didn’t have a clue about. If you were a favourite you got away with everything. Oh and god forbid you get ill cos they’ll have you in a disciplinary for being off & ask how you’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Pros
N/a
Cons
I’ve worked at Verastar for more than a year now and I honestly really enjoy my role, although some days can be extremely stressful, this is given working in a customer facing position. I work Mon-Fri, the hours vary from 8am-6pm which is great for a work/life balance. It can feel strict at times but I believe on the most part is fair. My manager is very approachable, I feel like I can talk to her about any issues and she will help me overcome them and develop. Definitely believe there is room for progression if you prove yourself to be a hard worker. The pay is good, it’s reviewed every 3/6 months based on performance, I’ve received multiple pay rises thanks to the pay profession. All employees also receive a “star bonus” every quarter which you can get up to 2.5% of your annual wage as a bonus. The facilities are really good here too, brand new offices with free parking based on how long you’ve worked there (I got my space after around 6 months of service), free gym, subsidised cafe & bar too. Things to improve would be more employing more customer facing staff, customer wait times can be long & if you need to speak to other teams you can experience 10+ minute wait times (which customers have to be on hold for the wait period). There are also a lot of teams/sub teams which can seem unnecessary, customers can get upset about being passed about a lot and it can get confusing for staff too. Processes are also changed often which can be hard to keep track of. Another thing is Verastar’s selling point is offering telecoms, broadband, gas, electricity and water which is amazing - more...
Pros
Dress down Friday, flexible hours, team incentives, progression
Cons
Undertrained for the amount of different services they offer, no sick pay
I've worked at Verastar for over 4 years, it is my second job after graduating university. So far it's been a brilliant experience, I've been given the opportunity to voice my opinions regularly and have felt that my individual actions have contributed to change within my department. The business is constantly changing and listening to staff to improve the working experience, whether it be through staff surveys, face to face feedback sessions or a regular chat with your line manager. I love the social aspect of working at Verastar, I've met a lot of people over the years, many from different departments. My workload has always been interesting and I've been given lots of opportunities to work on new technologies. The new office (Dovecote) is brilliant and the facilities are of a high standard
Pros
Great channels to progress within the company
Well where do I start with my review. In working 20 something years I can honestly say this is the worst company I have ever worked for. Zero interest in its people, stuck in the 80s/90s working environment. Its all about the sales. Managers are not interested at all, one in particular from the east of Scotland is nothing short of a bully. Picks on people constantly. Seen on numerous occasions people running out crying. Not only does this company not care about its people but has zero interest in customers, all about the ÂŁÂŁÂŁ. Hr debt is one person!! And when I told them I was leaving was told by ops manager as you haven't given notice this will effect your final pay, I couldny believe it. Please find something else its not worth it.
Pros
Cons
Verastar is a Con
It’s a terrible place to work, I was threatened that I would be fired when I asked to change departments because I did not like the job role I had originally applied for.
Management were a bunch of goons. No job security, full of kids who didn’t know what they were doing, this place goes through employees, every week they’re hiring as the last lot just leave within a week.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
During my time at verastar I had amazing support and help towards all lifetime achievements I would recommend working at verastar for anyone amazing staff
24 August 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
When I first started working here, we was told in the interview and during training that we got an opinion to move into another department, we was then told without discussion that wasn’t an option and not to even really talk about how we felt and we have to move to this department and that was the end of it, the systems in the company is very old and slow you’re having to constantly apologise to customers for the “system failing” You get customers making 5-15 complaints a day regarding customer service or the company because of how poorly it’s run, it’s like a playground, everyone who works there are so young they don’t care about the job. I see a lot of employees arguing with customers (even managers and supervisors when they agree to finally take a call). It messed with my mental health being here, it’s not the best place to work. The people are nice and welcoming and some managers are friendly but it’s not somewhere you can grow inside the business and it’s draining.
Pros
Weekends and going home
Cons
Almost everything
I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and System
24 August 2020
No matter how hard they tried they were just so backward in their approach! no respect for the individual, petty as heck and all the company is ran by a clique. Not an ideal place to work
Pros
free tea coffee, If you are strong enough to get to 1 year service, you get a reward scheme, thats actually really good.
Cons
This little box isnt big enough! hours, management, colleagues, the way they treat the customers, the products, the lies
Was a great place to work on a daily basis, flexible work hours which was very suitable for my daily routine, on site gym and canteen. Professional workplace but also had a relaxed atmosphere as the office was opened planned and everyone mingled and spoke nicely to each other.
24 August 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are glad you enjoyed your experience with Verastar.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
Great progression opportunities whether it is through pay or team management. The sales office is generally a fun environment with daily games in the morning and incentives throughout the working week to win prizes. If you are willing to put the effort in, you will make money and enjoy your job here.
I have worked for Verastar for almost a year and really enjoy it also, we have just moved to a beautiful building with parking, gym, cafe and bar, which is amazing in comparison to the last building. The majority of the Managers are really suppotive whenever I’ve had any issues.
14 February 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! Keep up the great work.
Fun place to work, you can ask management any questions and they will help you. They have a 12 week progressive plan with 1-1 weekly coaching sessions to further develop your career at verastar.
22 January 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a reviewWe are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.Keep up the great work!
Great place to work but can be stressful but you get a decent wage with a performance related bonus paid quarterly, very approachable management, very supportive...its more about the quality of the call than the time you spend on the call.
14 January 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.
This is the worst place I have ever worked. It is very much a school environment, no talking to each other, not food whatsoever at desks. The job security is horrific, you got to work everyday wondering if you will still have job. Please avoid and take any other job over this.
Pros
Going home
14 January 2020
We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)
They are not very clear on what they Expect or want until you already haven’t done it. Coaching and training poor and scare people into performing rather than coaching them. Business practices themselves must border on illegal and they have been reported to several agency’s and regulators as a result of this. If you want to keep your mental health and self respect look anywhere else.
20 December 2019
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review,Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Manager, as we endeavour to ensure all staff have the correct and proper training readily available either by other members of staff or on our drive.
Most of my training group were promised roles at interview and training - then given absolutely different roles after training . This is a 1980's stuck in the past call centre. All sales focused no matter what role you apply for. Lots of fake figures float around too.No noise reduction and managers shout loudly all over pushing for a pitch or sale whilst your on the calls !!!So embarrasing !
20 December 2019
Thank you for leaving your review,We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us. We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to thank you for your service.
Low paid job for the hours required. Current they are looking to reduce the hours. But your going to have to sacrifice your pay. Not worth getting involved as the only reason to stay is the people you work with. But this comes at a great cost to your mental health and your family life due to stress. Seriously not worth it. Take this from Someone with over 10 years at the company. I sincerely wish I left once I gained the knowledge to go somewhere better.
28 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
  1. Employee reviews