Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews in Manchester

Work colleagues are amazing and easy to get on with. However this is let down by incompetent management and authoritarian like rules. Almost felt like being back in school. Undervalued staff and practically no care for their workers.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.
Pros
Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse
Cons
Nearly everything
Management were a bunch of goons. No job security, full of kids who didn’t know what they were doing, this place goes through employees, every week they’re hiring as the last lot just leave within a week.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
During my time at verastar I had amazing support and help towards all lifetime achievements I would recommend working at verastar for anyone amazing staff
24 August 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and System
24 August 2020
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review,Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.
Fun place to work, you can ask management any questions and they will help you. They have a 12 week progressive plan with 1-1 weekly coaching sessions to further develop your career at verastar.
22 January 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a reviewWe are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.Keep up the great work!
This is the worst place I have ever worked. It is very much a school environment, no talking to each other, not food whatsoever at desks. The job security is horrific, you got to work everyday wondering if you will still have job. Please avoid and take any other job over this.
Pros
Going home
14 January 2020
Low paid job for the hours required. Current they are looking to reduce the hours. But your going to have to sacrifice your pay. Not worth getting involved as the only reason to stay is the people you work with. But this comes at a great cost to your mental health and your family life due to stress. Seriously not worth it. Take this from Someone with over 10 years at the company. I sincerely wish I left once I gained the knowledge to go somewhere better.
28 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
Good working environment very good training and get paid for it management good but high targets every day. Brakes arent very long but get 3 a day. Good colleges
3 January 2020
Hi,We appreciate the time you have taken to leave your comment.We are pleased you have enjoyed your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key
• Very poor training • No prospects for progression • No appreciation for staff • No real perks for staff • Wage is barely above minimum wage • Office is a joke • Management are conceded wolf of wall street wannabes • Support is non existent As you can see you should not work for this company.
29 August 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures. As such, we would like to investigate all the issues you have raised as a matter of urgency. All matters will be dealt with privately and confidentially – please contact HR@verastar.co.uk as soon as possible. Kind Regards,Verastar Team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Verastar?
You work long hours for little appreciation of your work. Archaic rules and values. Promise pay progression but will use literally any reason to reduce it or not give it to you at all. No sick pay. Quantity over quality type of environment.
Pros
Free Tea/Coffee
19 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar, as we endeavour to ensure all our employees have a positive experience during their time with us.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the futureKind regards,Verastar Team
Good environment to work achievable targets good location . The managers are helpful if you are ever struggling they will do there best to help and even take over calls
Pros
Achievable targets
11 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!It is great to hear how much you are enjoying your time here at Verastar - keep up the great work! :)
I love working here, there is a great atmosphere and loads of incentives! The location is great too, right in the city centre of Manchester. Would definitely recommend :)
Pros
Incentives, location, no evening or weekends
Cons
None really
11 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review! It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here at Verastar - keep up the great work :)
Everyone was their to help everyone, the highest members of the department will always be on the floor helping and motivating the team whilst imparting excellent information to build character and overall a very fun place to work.
Pros
Location in manchester city centre and fixed working hours
Cons
No overtime
6 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for leaving such a positive review; it is great to hear how helpful and friendly you found everyone! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work, and we wish you well in the future Kind regards,Verastar
Only been in the company a couple of months but so far I have loved working here. My colleagues are so friendly and made me feel welcomed from the off set. Typical day is starting at 8:30 finishing at 5:30, fruit and coffee is included which is always a great benefit, my manager has given me support throughout my journey. My job includes calling businesses that already have our custom and offering them additional services, which can be a challenge but that's sales & part of the job which is what I enjoy. The starting salary could be a little higher, although there is chance to progress to earn more (plus your commission)
Pros
Free Fruit and Hot beverages, Lively atmoshere
Cons
Low salary
23 May 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here - and are making good use of the free fruit and hot drinks! Keep up the great work :)
Everyone has a chance to grow with plenty of training and help avaliable to them . however holidays are low therefore you run out when you have to save five days for Christmas when you cant work as they shut down
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
17.30 finish on a friday and formal wear at all times
23 May 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here at Verastar, and are finding the continued training helpful!Keep up the great work :)
The workplace culture is great, there is a lot of time spent making sure peoples day to day experience is the best it can be by providing good incentives etc. and the office socials are amazing. Everyone is very friendly and always make time to help you when your in need. There are great training
Pros
Good incentives and commissions structure
Cons
Early start
18 April 2019
Hi,Thank you taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Verastar!Keep up the great work :)Kind regards,Verastar
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) – Manchester – 11 May 2018 Couldn't agree with the above comment more, unless you are going to be evicted from your property do not work here. I was employed by the Internal Recruitment Manager as a Credit Controller - after 6 weeks i had to get out of there. Although I was recruited as a Credit Controller, I quite clearly found myself being a Complaints Logger, a well-known compliant was the broadband, the worst thing was trying to log the fault on the same slow Broadband. The training you receive for 4 weeks inst transferable to your job role you do when you get onto the floor? - I was sat in the back of the training room one session and the department head and another ops manager were sat next to me writing up how they could make the sessions better - they kept calling out the trainer on what was in the training, speaking to him like rubbish in front of the new staff and making him feel uncomfortable (expressed my feelings to him and to the other trainers - I was here 2 weeks at this point) - One day on my way to work there was a car crash at princess parkway, i called into the office so they could pass on my message - as i got into the office i was asked why i was late i explained again. At 3PM i was pulled into the office by the Head of the Department - Who explained to me that because i was like i had to fill out a form and signed it.... As i got in at 9:01 (Serious) - I told her I thought it was abit strict - i was advised by her that "HR would deal with it if I had a problem with the process" Another incident was when - more...
Pros
Getting Paid
Cons
Head of the Credit Control Department.
9 April 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Credit Controller, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.