Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews in Sale

I’ve worked at Verastar for more than a year now and I honestly really enjoy my role, although some days can be extremely stressful, this is given working in a customer facing position. I work Mon-Fri, the hours vary from 8am-6pm which is great for a work/life balance. It can feel strict at times but I believe on the most part is fair. My manager is very approachable, I feel like I can talk to her about any issues and she will help me overcome them and develop. Definitely believe there is room for progression if you prove yourself to be a hard worker. The pay is good, it’s reviewed every 3/6 months based on performance, I’ve received multiple pay rises thanks to the pay profession. All employees also receive a “star bonus” every quarter which you can get up to 2.5% of your annual wage as a bonus. The facilities are really good here too, brand new offices with free parking based on how long you’ve worked there (I got my space after around 6 months of service), free gym, subsidised cafe & bar too. Things to improve would be more employing more customer facing staff, customer wait times can be long & if you need to speak to other teams you can experience 10+ minute wait times (which customers have to be on hold for the wait period). There are also a lot of teams/sub teams which can seem unnecessary, customers can get upset about being passed about a lot and it can get confusing for staff too. Processes are also changed often which can be hard to keep track of. Another thing is Verastar’s selling point is offering telecoms, broadband, gas, electricity and water which is amazing - more...
Pros
Dress down Friday, flexible hours, team incentives, progression
Cons
Undertrained for the amount of different services they offer, no sick pay
I've worked at Verastar for over 4 years, it is my second job after graduating university. So far it's been a brilliant experience, I've been given the opportunity to voice my opinions regularly and have felt that my individual actions have contributed to change within my department. The business is constantly changing and listening to staff to improve the working experience, whether it be through staff surveys, face to face feedback sessions or a regular chat with your line manager. I love the social aspect of working at Verastar, I've met a lot of people over the years, many from different departments. My workload has always been interesting and I've been given lots of opportunities to work on new technologies. The new office (Dovecote) is brilliant and the facilities are of a high standard
Pros
Great channels to progress within the company
Was a great place to work on a daily basis, flexible work hours which was very suitable for my daily routine, on site gym and canteen. Professional workplace but also had a relaxed atmosphere as the office was opened planned and everyone mingled and spoke nicely to each other.
Official response from Verastar
24 August 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are glad you enjoyed your experience with Verastar.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
I have worked for Verastar for almost a year and really enjoy it also, we have just moved to a beautiful building with parking, gym, cafe and bar, which is amazing in comparison to the last building. The majority of the Managers are really suppotive whenever I’ve had any issues.
Official response from Verastar
14 February 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! Keep up the great work.