Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews in Wythenshawe

Expected to arrive 30 minutes early (un-paid) for a meeting 8:30- 5:30 Monday to Friday is long hours to get paid low salary. Managers are calm just the pay is low for the hours you put in and if you don’t hit the high targets you can lose you’re job any second.
22 January 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience whilst working with us.
I worked at verastar for there wythenhawe branch, although I can not fault the training (even though you will be treated like a pre teen back in high school) when you get unleashed into the what they call the training pod, be prepared for no support what so ever. You will not get your pay revision, due to any lie the supervisors find. you will be expected to pick up on the favourites work as the supervisor wont ask them to do it you will be ignoored by trainers leaving dsgruntled customers on the phone for longer than possible. Their are departments who wont tak calls at all even though they should as they are the only ones qualified ( and paid more) to do the job. Lie to customers about packages sold Every call you will get will be a complaint. Wolf of wall street management
15 October 2019
HiThank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
This business is still growing and learning, but it really needs to focus on its staff more . Not many people are happy. The hours are good Monday to Friday no bank holidays. But the pay is shocking. I've worked here well over a year and hardly advanced, but even if I get to the top pay tier at an advisor level, I'm getting way below what I can get somewhere else. And for that reason unfortunately I having to look for another job. I'll be sad to go, but I can't survive on just above national minimum wage, especially for all the hard work I do. Working hours are 8 hours working plus an hour total unpaid breaks, unlike most call centres I've worked in where you get an hour unpaid lunch and two 10 or 15 min paid breaks.
Pros
Set hours, free tea and coffee, pizza friday, nice people
Cons
Just above national minimum wage. No progression. Feel very under appreciated. Short umpaid breaks.
9 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, although we are disappointed to hear that you feel the need to look for a new position. We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work.
I heard alot of negativity about Verastar before starting there. I have been pleasantly surprised, theyre supportive and help you get to where you need to be.
Pros
Supportive
20 March 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar, we pride ourselves on ensuring our staff receive enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.Keep up the great work!Kind Regards, Verastar
management were difficult to work with and very arrogant, not much support after leaving training, which included differnt departments so you didnt really learn a lot about your department
Pros
dont work weekends
Cons
management
1 February 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all of our employees have a positive experience selling our products. We take on board your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
Verastar is a very exciting place to work, especially with all the enhancements it has made over the last year or so. There has been a lot of benefits launched including a pay progression scheme which means I can control my own development and salary. The company has changed a lot over the last year and now the sales department is the main focus, ensuring sales are happy and motivated to do a good job. We now have chance to manage our own wages with the pay progression scheme, a 12 week learning plan in each level of pay progression, I was also able to buy 2 extra holidays for the year and we always get Christmas off!!
Pros
I don't have to work weekends or bank holidays!!
Cons
Longer than normal hours, it is an 8 hour day instead of 7.
6 March 2018
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you're benefitting from the Pay Progression Scheme we have implemented and enjoy our sociable working hours, we're glad to have such a positive employee on board!
Could be a very good company - very dated processes. Very long hours - 9am to 6pm. State staff car parking, but only if you have worked there for over 10 years as it takes this long for the space to come available. Very clicky business Offers a "quarterly bonus scheme" but dont think you will get any of it if off sick, late etc. Also if you leave mid quarter you will not receive anything whatever role. Very very high turnover, but they think its the norm. No sick pay, no benefits to speak of, only get ssp if off sick even if you have cancer! 20 days holiday - but earn extra 5 if no sick days are taken. Dentist, doctors etc all must be in your own time. Used to trade under Unicom and Titan Telcom but due to a massive fine of over ÂŁ200K due to mis-selling, cannot recruit.
Pros
Some good people - its a shame
Cons
Slave labour