Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I started with Verastar in November 2018 as a gas and electric sales agent, after about 3 months I realised that this wasn't for me, this was also picked up on by managers who are more than willing to sit down with you to try and help in anyway they can. Even though I wasn't getting the hang of it they tried to encourage me to keep trying convinced I would succeed. After the end of the 3 months I was then offered a job in the customer service department. I started this role a few weeks later, there is always plenty of training and help available as I felt a wee bit out my comfort zone going from gas and electric to telecoms and broadband. Since starting I have now been in customer service 3 months and I have been off helping out with the new starts by floor walking which I didn't expect as I haven't been in this role long myself. It shows me that the management have confidence in me to help out others.
Pros
Monday-Friday shifts, Pay progression, quarterly bonus.
Cons
No sick pay, No overtime
19 June 2019
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review It is great to hear how supportive you found your manager, and that you have found a job that is the right fit for you!Keep up the great work :)
They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.
Pros
Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse
Cons
Nearly everything
Management liked to accuse you of things you didn’t have a clue about. If you were a favourite you got away with everything. Oh and god forbid you get ill cos they’ll have you in a disciplinary for being off & ask how you’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Well where do I start with my review. In working 20 something years I can honestly say this is the worst company I have ever worked for. Zero interest in its people, stuck in the 80s/90s working environment. Its all about the sales. Managers are not interested at all, one in particular from the east of Scotland is nothing short of a bully. Picks on people constantly. Seen on numerous occasions people running out crying. Not only does this company not care about its people but has zero interest in customers, all about the £££. Hr debt is one person!! And when I told them I was leaving was told by ops manager as you haven't given notice this will effect your final pay, I couldny believe it. Please find something else its not worth it.
Pros
Cons
Verastar is a Con
I have worked for Verastar for almost a year and really enjoy it also, we have just moved to a beautiful building with parking, gym, cafe and bar, which is amazing in comparison to the last building. The majority of the Managers are really suppotive whenever I’ve had any issues.
14 February 2020
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar! Keep up the great work.
This is the worst place I have ever worked. It is very much a school environment, no talking to each other, not food whatsoever at desks. The job security is horrific, you got to work everyday wondering if you will still have job. Please avoid and take any other job over this.
Pros
Going home
14 January 2020
Most of my training group were promised roles at interview and training - then given absolutely different roles after training . This is a 1980's stuck in the past call centre. All sales focused no matter what role you apply for. Lots of fake figures float around too.No noise reduction and managers shout loudly all over pushing for a pitch or sale whilst your on the calls !!!So embarrasing !
20 December 2019
Thank you for leaving your review,We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us. We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to thank you for your service.
useless they don't have a clue about how to manage or about the job the staff do, so when a member of staff does ask for help, the response is I don't know and tell you to ask someone else or they'll go ask someone, only thing the managers are good at is banging on about leads! Services that they provide are rubbish, 90% of the calls are about the rubbish broadband. Please if you value your mental health then please stay away
Pros
Coffee and tea
28 November 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience selling our products.We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) Kind regards,Verastar
I worked at verastar for there wythenhawe branch, although I can not fault the training (even though you will be treated like a pre teen back in high school) when you get unleashed into the what they call the training pod, be prepared for no support what so ever. You will not get your pay revision, due to any lie the supervisors find. you will be expected to pick up on the favourites work as the supervisor wont ask them to do it you will be ignoored by trainers leaving dsgruntled customers on the phone for longer than possible. Their are departments who wont tak calls at all even though they should as they are the only ones qualified ( and paid more) to do the job. Lie to customers about packages sold Every call you will get will be a complaint. Wolf of wall street management
15 October 2019
HiThank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
+ B2B Sales training & Management + Hold performance reviews + Grow a team of 8 to 16 + Quality Assurance + Hold Interviews for staff recruitment + Biweekly 1 on 1 meetings with agents + Boost overall performance + Holding impact meetings + Managing incentives + Generating an average of £4000 per head + Support call center target to achieve a revenue of £24000 Per month + Deliver KPI’s and Exceed the target
Pros
Lovely, challenging enviroment
Cons
Salary
24 May 2019
Hi,Thank you for leaving such a positive review! It is great to hear you enjoyed your time at Verastar.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you well in the future
I heard alot of negativity about Verastar before starting there. I have been pleasantly surprised, theyre supportive and help you get to where you need to be.
Pros
Supportive
20 March 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar, we pride ourselves on ensuring our staff receive enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.Keep up the great work!Kind Regards, Verastar
If I could give this 0 stars I would I’m disappointed I can’t. If you have somewhat of a brain you will not even dream of working here, however if you have the misfortune to work here then I suggest you seek pastures new. This place made me suicidal. Working 40 hours a week constantly hammered on the phone all day every day to shouting dreary customers with the same problems being passed pillar to post because none of the staff are capable enough to tackle their issues or can be bothered to. Days are bleak in this hovil most of the staff are extremely unhygienic often desks and equipment are filthy and the place reeks. Most staff are vulgar and belong in a zoo, the place is wild and is like being back at secondary school, managers are just like pupils with a voice still very unprofessional. If your leg was falling off you would be expected to come into work the next day. The pay structure is awful if you have a day off you miss out on your quarterly pay review. Breaks are short and you are not given any freedom at all it is like being in jail.
Pros
Running water, oxygen
Cons
Everything else
23 January 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as advisor as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience with us and take on board your feedback. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
Training was true bliss, trainers were great, everything was A OK. But as soon as we got onto the phones, you would feel as if your soul is being drained with each passing day. We worked like machines, from 9-6, and the system made it worse. Everyone had to sell 1 item a day to customers who were unwilling to buy (many called to complain + report faults, they didn't want to buy a new mobile), short breaks, minimum wage pay. The supervisors and the head of customer service are great people, regardless if you value your health avoid the place like plague.
Pros
You were getting paid
Cons
Nearly everything
24 October 2018
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
Management arent very understanding and expect you to attend work while you are unwell. They lie to customers constantly and expect you to do the same. They don't give you time to properly do your work and follow up customer issues and refuse to have your input on what should be done with a customers case while you are the one who hears the customers frustration. They tell you what to say on calls to lead on customers and dont let you pass calls to manager when a customer requests for this to be done
24 October 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.We would like to confirm our aim is to always provide the best level of Customer Service. As such, we do take all customer issues seriously and seek a positive outcome for all issued raised.We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
I worked at Verastar for 8 months.The only good thing i could think of was the training period which lasted 2 weeks. As soon as you as on the floor working they the managers treat you like you are nothing and put lots of pressure on you. If you miss one day due to illness they will make such a big deal out of it. Work life is so miserable.
Pros
water was free
17 September 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your work life at Verastar. We work hard to ensure all our employees have a positive experience in our offices and would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck.
Poor managers Bad attitude from managers They don't help you when you need it.. Training was poor Forced to go on the phone's even if your struggling. When a customer complains they tell you to deal with it even if your not trained in complaints Wouldn't recommend anyone working here. This place makes you feel down and makes you not want to work
5 June 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working in our Customer Service department as we strive to ensure all employees have a positive experience. If you could please contact our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) and provide greater detail on the issues you referred to in your review in order for us to look into the problems you encountered. We take all feedback onboard and are continuously looking to improve. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you every success in your future endeavors.
  1. Customer Service Representative