Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and System
24 August 2020
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review,Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.
Get along with everyone in the place of work. I would recommend anyone to work here that has a great environment. Management is alright but to be honest I don’t think everyone would get along
Comment – 29 November 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.It is great to hear you are enjoying the fun working environment we pride ourselves on and have such a positive working relationship with your team.Keep up the great work
Working at kinex is a very friendly place to work, I’ve worked here now for 4 months and it has been relaxed. Management is very understanding but do want people to put work effort in.
Comment – 28 November 2019
Hi,Thank you for leaving a review, it is great to hear you have a positive working relationship with your team.Keep up the great work! :)
Very friendly place to work and we tend to work as a team across the board but management is somewhat helpful to a certain extent, I think it’s disgusting that as a company they have no parking for there employers and they have to park on road and in front of people houses.
Comment – 28 November 2019
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, it is great to hear you have found it a friendly environment.We hope you enjoy the new office that the Northenden site are moving to which does offer onsite parking.Kind regards,Kinex
Relaxed easy place to work, exiting job role as the better you do the more money you can make so it is in your own hands. Management are great and have a laugh with the workers, not a boring place to work at all, weekends off is great and daily meetings with the team to see where we are doing well or areas to improve.
Comment – 28 November 2019
Hi,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with us and are finding the workplace a fun place to be!Keep up the great work
• Very poor training • No prospects for progression • No appreciation for staff • No real perks for staff • Wage is barely above minimum wage • Office is a joke • Management are conceded wolf of wall street wannabes • Support is non existent As you can see you should not work for this company.
29 August 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures. As such, we would like to investigate all the issues you have raised as a matter of urgency. All matters will be dealt with privately and confidentially – please contact HR@verastar.co.uk as soon as possible. Kind Regards,Verastar Team.
Good environment to work achievable targets good location . The managers are helpful if you are ever struggling they will do there best to help and even take over calls
Pros
Achievable targets
11 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!It is great to hear how much you are enjoying your time here at Verastar - keep up the great work! :)
I love working here, there is a great atmosphere and loads of incentives! The location is great too, right in the city centre of Manchester. Would definitely recommend :)
Pros
Incentives, location, no evening or weekends
Cons
None really
11 June 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review! It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here at Verastar - keep up the great work :)
The workplace culture is great, there is a lot of time spent making sure peoples day to day experience is the best it can be by providing good incentives etc. and the office socials are amazing. Everyone is very friendly and always make time to help you when your in need. There are great training
Pros
Good incentives and commissions structure
Cons
Early start
18 April 2019
Hi,Thank you taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Verastar!Keep up the great work :)Kind regards,Verastar
management were difficult to work with and very arrogant, not much support after leaving training, which included differnt departments so you didnt really learn a lot about your department
Pros
dont work weekends
Cons
management
1 February 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all of our employees have a positive experience selling our products. We take on board your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
Hated my time at verastar, pay was terrible. Cold calling and then they moaned at you for not getting sales on your first week on the phone. Moaned at You for not getting a sale and then they take the call of you and do it thereself and fail. Then act like nothing was wrong. After moaning and shouting at you, for the rubbish you go through wasn’t worth the pay! Only had 2 weeks training then launched on the phone. Also refused to let staff go when the days of heavy snow and red warning was issued. Said we had to get sales or they weren’t letting us leave until end of work day. Please please avoid
Pros
Cons
Team leaders are terrible
13 September 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees are supported and have a positive working atmosphere. If you could please contact the HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) and provide greater details so we can look into the issues raised. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Long hours 9-6 for such little pay. From the moment you sit down at your desk at 9 o clock the phone starts ringing and doesn’t stop until 6, literally ending a call with a customer and the phone starts ringing again straight away. You’re allowed one 40 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks, however you have to clock in and out of your phone and get told off for taking even a minute extra, very strict and school like. A lot of the managers talk down to you. A lot of what you do is just passing the problem on elsewhere which makes customers very frustrated and means you will deal with a lot of unhappy customers. The training they do is good, however it’s not really transferable to what you will actually do in the job so isn’t very useful. The large majority of the staff (including the managers) have been there less than a year, shows a high staff turnover. The progression you’re told about is a lie, there were people who were promoted and had been there a year who were on the same salary as me. If you want to be treated like a child and don’t mind talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, then this may be the job for you, unfortunately not for me. Respect your staff and they may stick around, the company needs a lot more employees to deal with the amount of calls they receive and to take the work load off the ones that manage to stick around. Pay isn’t enough.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays, water machines and free tea and coffee, location out of city centre, the training staff are good and head of customer service is lovely.
Cons
Everything else
5 June 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's lovely to hear your positive feedback on our training staff and customer service manager.Although we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Verastar as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand the role can demanding at times and counter balance this with our fun weekly incentives, Pizza Fridays, Star bonus scheme, alongside ongoing coaching and support. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
I feel like i was pushed into taking this job at the interview. Also was lied to by the manager who claimed there was no cold calling. Pretty much after listening in to calls for 2 days you are then forced onto the phones.there is no real training. Customers who you have to call are sick of hearing from you as they have been contacted/harrassed previously from the company. Regret taking this job so much! Also a very immature environment.
Pros
work hours mon-fri. Somenice workmates.
Cons
everything else!!!
5 June 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees have a positive experience at work.We are concerned to hear of your training as we have a comprehensive 12 week training programme in place, with the first three days in a classroom environment, daily workshops, coaching and one to ones to provide ongoing support and development. We do understand as we are open to all candidates with or without sales experience, that sales roles aren't suited to everyone. If you could please contact our HR department (HR@Verastar.co.uk) to provide greater details into your experience in order for this to be looked into. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work whilst at Verastar and wish you all the best in your future.
I had a slow start but with the right encouragement and guidance from my manager I'm now smashing deals week in week out with a pay review at the end of each month.
Pros
realistic targets
Cons
Canteen / free tea and coffee
6 March 2018
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Verastar, it's great to hear you're enjoying the role and have benefitted from your managers guidance. We're glad you're part of our team!
Ive enjoyed working for verastar now for over a year and theres a lot of benefits while being here, I enjoy working the hours and not doing weekends. I have learnt a lot with my time here and enjoy the workplacae.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Canteen
6 March 2018
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your review. It's great to hear you're enjoying the role and making the most of our sociable working hours. Keep up all your hard work!
I love my job, I have learnt so much since working here I left school in 2016 and been here ever since. I learnt things I never thought I would and my confidence and I have matured so much also my mind-set has changed so much, the workplace itself is a great place to be, very fun, great atmosphere, incentives to make you make more money everyday. the hardest part of the job is yourself and your mind-set and how money and goal orientated to earn more, every month there is month competitions to give you the opportunities to win holidays, now TV box ec:t fantastic daily incentive's to have as well I just love my job.
Pros
great people, great work place.
Cons
distance
6 March 2018
Hi,Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you enjoy our vibrant and friendly office environment. It's fantastic you have grown in confidence, keep up the great work!
Verastar is a very exciting place to work, especially with all the enhancements it has made over the last year or so. There has been a lot of benefits launched including a pay progression scheme which means I can control my own development and salary. The company has changed a lot over the last year and now the sales department is the main focus, ensuring sales are happy and motivated to do a good job. We now have chance to manage our own wages with the pay progression scheme, a 12 week learning plan in each level of pay progression, I was also able to buy 2 extra holidays for the year and we always get Christmas off!!
Pros
I don't have to work weekends or bank holidays!!
Cons
Longer than normal hours, it is an 8 hour day instead of 7.
6 March 2018
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you're benefitting from the Pay Progression Scheme we have implemented and enjoy our sociable working hours, we're glad to have such a positive employee on board!
Was a nice place to work. Learnt a lot from verastar, management there is good. Is a very sales driven company but overall I would recommend to somebody who enjoys sales
Pros
Tea and coffee
Good work enviroment, positive and enjoyable. Learned lots of new skills including rapport, persuasion techniques, pitching and closing. Management was really good, very helpful and actually was willing to help you out.
Pros
good break and lunch system and lots of good incentives and benefits