Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

Worst place ever Chester zoo would be better in the lion enclosure

3 January 2019
If I could give this 0 stars I would I’m disappointed I can’t. If you have somewhat of a brain you will not even dream of working here, however if you have the misfortune to work here then I suggest you seek pastures new. This place made me suicidal. Working 40 hours a week constantly hammered on the phone all day every day to shouting dreary customers with the same problems being passed pillar to post because none of the staff are capable enough to tackle their issues or can be bothered to. Days are bleak in this hovil most of the staff are extremely unhygienic often desks and equipment are filthy and the place reeks. Most staff are vulgar and belong in a zoo, the place is wild and is like being back at secondary school, managers are just like pupils with a voice still very unprofessional. If your leg was falling off you would be expected to come into work the next day. The pay structure is awful if you have a day off you miss out on your quarterly pay review. Breaks are short and you are not given any freedom at all it is like being in jail.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Running water, oxygen
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Verastar
23 January 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as advisor as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience with us and take on board your feedback. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
31 January 2021
Same roleSame location
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) - Manchester
They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.
Pros
Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse
Cons
Nearly everything
5 January 2021
Same role
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) - Hamilton, South Lanarkshire
Management liked to accuse you of things you didn’t have a clue about. If you were a favourite you got away with everything. Oh and god forbid you get ill cos they’ll have you in a disciplinary for being off & ask how you’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Pros
N/a
1 November 2020
Same location
Administrator (Former Employee) - Manchester
Work colleagues are amazing and easy to get on with. However this is let down by incompetent management and authoritarian like rules. Almost felt like being back in school. Undervalued staff and practically no care for their workers.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
  1. Worst place ever Chester zoo would be better in the lion enclosure