Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

Field Sales (kinex)

13 August 2018
Promised 5 QUALIFIED appointments a day. Never got that. The appointments are supposed to be with company/business owners who can make a decision on the day to sign up with you as long as your prices are acceptable, and will have a copy of the phone bill. I lasted here 3 days. Day one 3 appts. First appt no phone bill and couldn't remember how much she was paying. Appt 2. Only got me in to complain about the number of calls he was getting and wanted to see someone face to face. Appt 3, had bill, quoted him and signed him up. Day 2, 4 appts, sold on 3. Day 3 - 2 appts only, 1st stated he was not prepared to buy on the day and said he stated this on the phone. 2nd was not company owner and stated on phone she was not able to sign. They make you call the office if this happens and on both occassions on the 3rd day I was told I was not doing the sales correctly because I wasn't warming them up to buy!!!!! After this last day and having 2 arguments down the phone with kids in the telsales office telling me I wasn't doing things right I don't them to stick the job. Waiting now to see if they pay me for the 4 sales I did.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
None that I can see
Cons
Not delivering the promises they make you at interview.
Official response from Verastar
24 October 2018
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Field Sales Representative, as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience selling our products.We would like to confirm all of our appointments are qualified and calls are recorded and monitored to ensure they adhere to strict guidelines. We encourage you to contact our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide greater details on the point you have raised.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
26 March 2019
Same role
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) - Midlands
I enjoy being out in the field and selling, but only if a product is worth selling. There were friendly characters in office but the poor leads and at the time, no basic pay, commission only, started to take its toll after the second month. (* the calls are recorded but are they checked I wondered??) I was promised between ÂŁ1000 and ÂŁ1500 per week depending on sales and upsales. Some weeks I earned nothing. I'm not a liar, however, some false information was given as I checked with two BT Engineers on separate occasions. The info that the Wi-Fi connections are double connectors is untrue. I was given that information to assist the sale. Also the connection wasn't as strong as the office stated, having signed up someone I knew. They had issues with cancelling, so I found out more about the customers full experience this way. When I had an unexpected injury, the Manager said I could come into the office instead. I wasn't insured to drive without the use of a leg! Overall if the infrastructure was more beneficial to staff and the product worked more efficiently, it could work much better for everyone. It's all a learning curve, so I know that I wouldn't work in telecoms again and wouldn't recommend working for Veristar or Kinex.
Pros
Cons
False info. Use own car & clock up miles. Promises of high salary - dont fall into the trap!!
Official response from Verastar
9 April 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience whilst working for us here at Verastar.We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
31 January 2021
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) - Manchester
They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.
Pros
Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse
Cons
Nearly everything
5 January 2021
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) - Hamilton, South Lanarkshire
Management liked to accuse you of things you didn’t have a clue about. If you were a favourite you got away with everything. Oh and god forbid you get ill cos they’ll have you in a disciplinary for being off & ask how you’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Pros
N/a
  1. Field Sales (kinex)